Corsair Community

Commander Pro Fan Port 1 Low RPM

beardo47

Hi folks, I'm using a Commander pro / Lighting node pro to control 6 LL120 RGB fans in iCUE

Whichever fan is plugged into Fan1 on the commander pro will only have a max RPM of 700 ish no matter what profile / custom profile is set, move that fan to a different port and set MAX RPM and it flies up, put a different fan on Fan1 and the RPM stays low.

I've removed iCUE and installed Link, set all fans to Max RPM and every fan is running at full speed, so it's not a commander pro issue, nor is it a fan issue it's an iCUE issue, I'd like to use iCUE as it has much better lighting control than link.

Any advice? Running Latest FW / software versions.

First, I'd try to force an update of the current firmware again. It may be "stuck". But ... I have my doubts. It sounds more like an iCue issue and the best I can say is to wait for the next release. I don't think that it'll be long.

• 7 months later...

PWM channel 1 doesn't respond to either static rpm or percentage but does respond to a curve. Changed to channel 2 and all works fine. Like the OP the RPM seems kind of locked so even in a curve it's simply powering them on and off rather than actual PWM control.

I'm probably one of the few who does need all 6 channels (I have radiators grouped, mb fans, case fan zones etc) so I'd prefer it sorted sooner than later.

Running latest iCue and firmware I should have added.

Also could someone from Corsair (if you read this) please ask the pre sales team to answer messages- I have one on the ML series fans about their actual output before I buy any or go with better fans and use some diy fab 5v fan frames (they work out of the box as tested some yesterday)

• 1 year later...
I am having the same problem, except fan 1 is always maxed. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Unplug the fan the from port 1 and then reconnect. If this is a PWM fan, go into iCUE settings, Commander Pro and set it to 4 pin instead of Auto (detect).

[...]

I'm probably one of the few who does need all 6 channels (I have radiators grouped, mb fans, case fan zones etc) so I'd prefer it sorted sooner than later.

[...]

Can I ask you how many fans are you running and how do you connect them in groups to the CoPro?

I'm trying to do the same thing but it's not easy when going over 9 fans without using 3-ways splitters.

Thanks!

Baio