Corsair Community

Corsair Link, are these values normal?

soopytwist

Firstly, a quick note on the pain I had fitting the Corsair H100i to my Corsair 600T case. My motherboard (Asus P9X79 Deluxe) prevented me from mounting the H100i fans to the radiator because of the heatsink on the motherboard and the 12V ATX plugs. So in the end I had to mount the radiator at the top and the fans outside under the removable cover blowing down (drawing air from outside into the case, through the radiator).

I also couldn't fit the CPU block with the Corsair logo face up and had to rotate it 90 degrees to the right. It was physically impossible to fit it the right way up, is this a problem?

After some head scratching to actually find the Corsair Link download (why wasn't a disc included in the box with the H100i?!) I have finally managed to get some readings.

Are these values normal because so far I am really not impressed with the H100i at all as it is very loud, a lot more than my Coolermaster V8 fan cooler was. Should I buy better fans for it that will fit under the removable cover of the 600T case?

CPU Temp = 31 (idle)

CPU Load = 3%

H100i Temp 1 = 24.8

GeForce Temp 2 = 33

H100i Fan 2 = 1621

H100i Pump = 2172

GeForce Fan 1 = 1140

GeForce Fan 2 = 1140

GeForce Temp 1 = 29

H100i Fan 1 = 1624

Drive Temp 1 = 112

Drive Temp 2 = 30

Questions:

1. What is Drive Temp?

2. The H100i fans are set to Performance mode, is this the same as Auto?

4. What is Pump speed?

5. Should the pipes on the H100i itself be cool to the touch because they're both warm.

6. Should I be able to hear pump sounds from the radiator because I can't hear anything.

I have three drives, boot drive C: is a Samsung 840 Pro SSD, E: is a Western Digital Black 1Tb HDD and F: is a Seagate Barcuda 500Gb HDD.

If these values are normal I'll leave the as they are then. Thanks for your help :biggrin:

I really need to stress test the cooler by running Crysis 3 but I haven't yet finished installing things.

I'm getting an awful lot of BSOD's. I don't know if this is related to the H100i, my GTX 690, windows 7, a driver or something else.

The BSOD always mentions storport.sys and some numbers, usually too quick to take note off because I have an SSD and the minidump is fast.

I'm getting an awful lot of BSOD's. I don't know if this is related to the H100i, my GTX 690, windows 7, a driver or something else.

The BSOD always mentions storport.sys and some numbers, usually too quick to take note off because I have an SSD and the minidump is fast.

its not likely related to the h100i as that error is related to a storage port driver

When idle, I was leaving windows on the desktop not doing anything and after a random period of time it would BSOD.

However, yesterday I reinstalled Windows and motherboard drivers - except for the Marvell SATA and Intel Rapid Storage drivers, I believe these may have been causing the BSOD errors, at least for the moment, because the drivers mentioned in the minidump files were associated with those two drivers.

I have yet to install Corsair Link again though and reconnect my two HDD, just my SSD active at the moment so I'll see what happens when I put these back on. I'm hoping those two drivers were the cause so I can just leave them off.

As for the Corsair Link settings, I found a fan RPM of 1200 for both was both quiet and kept the CPU cool enough, however this low fan speed might not be so great for full load so will need to test this.

• Corsair Employee
I have yet to install Corsair Link again though and reconnect my two HDD, just my SSD active at the moment so I'll see what happens when I put these back on. I'm hoping those two drivers were the cause so I can just leave them off.

Try using IRST driver 3.0 and no higher than that. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=112571

As for the Corsair Link settings, I found a fan RPM of 1200 for both was both quiet and kept the CPU cool enough, however this low fan speed might not be so great for full load so will need to test this.

It should be sufficient but I am curious to what the results are.

Ram Guy, I've got bigger things to worry about now (my fault for starting multiple threads). The BSOD issue was fixed by not installing Intel Rapid Storage and Marvell drivers. Asus say I don't need them so I won't use them. See my other threads for my other problems.

• 4 years later...

I have had my PC up n running fine with an H80 cooler on it for 3+ years. Aweek ago I installed an H100i so I could have the Corsair Link software to manage the fans and pump. I have since spent a week chasing Storport.sys irql_not_less_or_equal erros... same error everytime. crashing to a BSOD randomly but regularly. I searched everywhere for information and it all pointed toward the SSD I have. BUT! I uninstalled the windows support for Corsair in the program uninstall list as a matter of chasing all options... now I have been able to go 8 hours so far without a crash to the BSOD about the Storport.sys. I am not 100% sure yet but it seems I have bypassed the error for now. I want to have the Link though. Its the whole reason I bought the H100i. HOW can I use it without generating the error. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I only changed the H100i from the time it was fine to when it wasnt. I have since reinstalled all the drivers and changed video cards out with a different one, I have reinstalled windows updates with th e DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command from an admin cmd prompt, I have disconnected all other uneeded hardware and the issue persisted UNTIL I uninstalled Corsair Link 4 and the windows support for Corsair products entry. Now The PC is stable again... or it seems so far ;) but I dont have the link connected and I dont have the software installed atm either.

I REALLY want it to work correctly

PLEASE HELP ME :eek:

1. Is it a H100i or a H100iV2?
  2. When you got the Storport.sys BSOD what is the active program? Have/can you use WINDBG to check? See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=760776 for how to do this.
  3. Do you have any other monitoring utilities installed and if so which?
  4. Does the "Thermaltake Smart series M 850watt" have a USB connection?

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology controller is more than likely the culprit of your BSOD's. Not your H100i, nor GTX 690. Windows 7 AHCI support works just fine. Be sure AHCI mode is set (should be default with no option of IDE) in BIOS before installing Windows 7. Install Windows on your SSD (as you mentioned). As an added measure, I would disconnect all HDD's prior to install. Depending on what build of Windows 7 you have, reconnect HDD's after updating to SP1.

1. Is it a H100i or a H100iV2?
  2. When you got the Storport.sys BSOD what is the active program? Have/can you use WINDBG to check? See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=760776 for how to do this.
  3. Do you have any other monitoring utilities installed and if so which?
  4. Does the "Thermaltake Smart series M 850watt" have a USB connection?

the BSOD has occurred while just on the desktop sometimes while doing nothing. I do have other utilities for monitoring but none active when the BSOD happens. The Smart series M 850watt does not have a USB connection. and its now been BSOD free again since removal of the 2 entries on the uninstall list. Also I do have 2 intel entries in the install/uninstall list 1 is the intel rapid storage technology and the other is the intel management engine components ... I see on that other thread that they are not needed to make the SSD work faster so should I remove those and then reinstall the corsair link software and see what happens?

I have downloaded and installed the WINDBG and I can open the application but I am unable to locate the c:\windows\mini dump. its listed this way on the system Properties > advanced tab > startup and recovery > settings panel: %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP I changed it to c:\minidump and created a folder there for it, next time it should save a file I guess.

I have downloaded and installed the WINDBG and I can open the application but I am unable to locate the c:\windows\mini dump. its listed this way on the system Properties > advanced tab > startup and recovery > settings panel: %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP I changed it to c:\minidump and created a folder there for it, next time it should save a file I guess.

No, C:\Windows\Minidump\ should be there, save a read of https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-configure-windows-10-create-minidump-bsod.html

A full dump would be better, I and would setup as below. BTW which Windows 10 build do you have?

attachment.php?attachmentid=31021&stc=1&d=1504993070

REG.png.70e27b960c90988f15b66b4f98a99436.png

I have changed it back to the %systemroot%\memory.dmp that it had been and changed it to the complete dump. I have build 15063 Win 10 Pro. We'll see if it generates a dmp file if it crashes again. so far no crashing after removal of the Intel entries in the uninstall list.

I have changed it back to the %systemroot%\memory.dmp that it had been and changed it to the complete dump. I have build 15063 Win 10 Pro. We'll see if it generates a dmp file if it crashes again. so far no crashing after removal of the Intel entries in the uninstall list.

Ideal, if we get a dump we can take it from there.

Which other monitoring utilities do you have? Can any of them report the H100iV2?

I know AIDA64 + HWiNFO + SIV (my utility) can and I am wondering if you exit CL4 and use one of those do you will still get the BSOD? If you get it with SIV64X and I have a dump file I suspect I would be able to figure out the root cause of the BSOD.

Archived