Corsair Community

Corsair Commander pro and sp120 rgb

ovouti

Hello folks, i have a problem with my sp120rgb lights and commander pro what i bought couple days ago.

So when i plugged the fans to a led fan hub i have 6 and the 3pin connectors to the ccp just how it should have. The leds of the fans dont work, there is just 1 fan that lights up and i can control it and one is just green and cant control it. Cant do anything through ccp. So after that i was thinking that my ccp and led hub was faulty and i returned them to the store, to get new ones. But no luck still... I can adjust the sp120rgb fan speeds trough the ccp but no leds exept that one, and i have led strips too they works just fine, is there some change that the fans leds are broken? Or something? Thanks for any helps!

I tried the fans in differend order no use.. And the i fan that i have in spare new one works just in the led hubs number 1 slot, how is that possible because i bought new led hub just yesterday... Tried swapping usb and everything

Hello folks, i have a problem with my sp120rgb lights and commander pro what i bought couple days ago.

So when i plugged the fans to a led fan hub i have 6 and the 3pin connectors to the ccp just how it should have. The leds of the fans dont work, there is just 1 fan that lights up and i can control it and one is just green and cant control it. Cant do anything through ccp. So after that i was thinking that my ccp and led hub was faulty and i returned them to the store, to get new ones. But no luck still... I can adjust the sp120rgb fan speeds trough the ccp but no leds exept that one, and i have led strips too they works just fine, is there some change that the fans leds are broken? Or something? Thanks for any helps!

I think I figured out what your problem is. SP120 RGB LED fans cannot be controlled the way you think with Corsair Commander Pro. There's a 3 button controller and 6 port RGB fan hub that comes with the 3 pack to control the effects styles and lighting. Now, if you want to use the Corsair Commander Pro, the fans you want to use are the ML, LL, or HD series fans.

I think I figured out what your problem is. SP120 RGB LED fans cannot be controlled the way you think with Corsair Commander Pro. There's a 3 button controller and 6 port RGB fan hub that comes with the 3 pack to control the effects styles and lighting. Now, if you want to use the Corsair Commander Pro, the fans you want to use are the ML, LL, or HD series fans.

There is a controller and an RGB Fan Hub, true. ALL of the Corsair RGB fans use the RGB fan hub. And SP120 RGB can be controlled from the Commander Pro ... the C-Pro connects to the RGB Fan Hub, just as it does with the other Corsair RGB fans.

• Corsair Employee

I'm hesitant to jump into a situation where a TS rep is already working with you. Hopefully they help you get things sorted out.

I really, really don't think buying different types of fans is the answer. If you want to buy them because they look cool, that's one thing, go for it. But don't do it just because the SP RGB fans aren't working right.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm thinking to get a CLCP for my PC to control the LED effect. Same as you, i have the 460x with 6x SP120 fans. But I have read some posts including yours that the Commander Pro doesn't work with SP fans even though it says it supports them. Other people have posted that it works.

I'm kind confused now. Can you tell me if the problem still exists?

Thanks in advanced!

Hi,

I'm thinking to get a CLCP for my PC to control the LED effect. Same as you, i have the 460x with 6x SP120 fans. But I have read some posts including yours that the Commander Pro doesn't work with SP fans even though it says it supports them. Other people have posted that it works.

I'm kind confused now. Can you tell me if the problem still exists?

Thanks in advanced!

The Commander Pro does work with SP-RGB fans. iCue, which is currently in pre-release, has issues with them right now. You can use Link to manage and control them until this is resolved in iCue.

Archived