Corsair Community

Void Wireless interrupting screensaver

trevor.dok

I've been noticing an issue where my screensaver would not come on. Initially I noticed it with my prior OS (Windows 7) and I'm continuing to notice it since updating to Windows 10.

Essentially what happens is that the screensaver will never come on, and as such my monitors will not go to sleep. Some things that I'd noticed that the problem would occur after I'd been playing games (My first 2 suspects were Steam & Origin) so I restarted and loaded both Steam and Origin. After waiting the 1 minute time out my screensaver would come on.

Next I suspected that it was my keyboard and mouse so after gaming for a bit I unplugged each device and waited. The screensaver wouldn't come on. The only other Human Interface Device I have is my Void wireless headset, so I unplugged the USB dongle, lo and behold the screensaver turned on.

I tested my theory further using a program called Idle Timer by Dannav.com (which essentially tracks your OS idle time) and noticed that every 40 seconds the timer would reset, but only after I'd powered on & connected my Void wireless headset, then powered it back off again. After a reboot the system would idle fine and the screensaver would come on, this would also occur after unplugging then plugging the dongle back in with the headset powered off.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Tl;Dr: My Corsair Void wireless headset is preventing the windows screensaver from coming on

I've been noticing an issue where my screensaver would not come on. Initially I noticed it with my prior OS (Windows 7) and I'm continuing to notice it since updating to Windows 10.

Essentially what happens is that the screensaver will never come on, and as such my monitors will not go to sleep. Some things that I'd noticed that the problem would occur after I'd been playing games (My first 2 suspects were Steam & Origin) so I restarted and loaded both Steam and Origin. After waiting the 1 minute time out my screensaver would come on.

Next I suspected that it was my keyboard and mouse so after gaming for a bit I unplugged each device and waited. The screensaver wouldn't come on. The only other Human Interface Device I have is my Void wireless headset, so I unplugged the USB dongle, lo and behold the screensaver turned on.

I tested my theory further using a program called Idle Timer by Dannav.com (which essentially tracks your OS idle time) and noticed that every 40 seconds the timer would reset, but only after I'd powered on & connected my Void wireless headset, then powered it back off again. After a reboot the system would idle fine and the screensaver would come on, this would also occur after unplugging then plugging the dongle back in with the headset powered off.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Tl;Dr: My Corsair Void wireless headset is preventing the windows screensaver from coming on

Similar issue here. With the dongle plugged in and the headset OFF monitors won't go into powersave. Try this: Turn the headset on and leave it plugged into the usb the monitors turn off as they should. I have narrowed it down the the void causing the issue. I would hate to think I will have to unplug the dongle EVERY time I'm done using the computer for my monitors to power off as they should.

Hey all,

I was able to reproduce this issue 10/10 times. While the headset is off and the dongle LED is off, you will not be able to enter your screen saver or have the monitor go into powersave mode.

I've brought this up with our team and we'll investigate the issue.

Thank you for quickly looking into the issue Chris! For now I have been leaving the usb plugged into the Void and this seems to keep the headset from going to sleep, and thus allowing the monitor to go into powersave.

Hey all,

I was able to reproduce this issue 10/10 times. While the headset is off and the dongle LED is off, you will not be able to enter your screen saver or have the monitor go into powersave mode.

I've brought this up with our team and we'll investigate the issue.

Thank you Chris

• 4 weeks later...
Any word on this issue? I am having the same problem. Is pulling out the dongle the ONLY solution currently?

I'm currently suffering the same issue. The only solutions I have found so far:

1. Disconnect the wireless dongle.
  2. Plug the headset in (i.e. to charge it) which will force the headset to remain switched on.

Doing either of these things will allow Windows to present the screensaver and/or put monitors into standby mode. I guess we will need to wait for a software update for a proper fix.

Hi all,

I wanted to give everyone an update on this issue. As of yesterday morning, we identified and fixed the issue for the next FW update. At this moment we don't have an exact date on when the FW update will be live but it will be available before the end of this month.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Has this started up again for anyone recently? It was fixed for me for me since they released the updated firmware back in January, but it's back. I am running Firmware 38.01 on my headset and dongle, but my monitors are back to not sleeping (they sleep, then immediately wake) unless I unplug the dongle or leave the headset powered on. I tried updating the software to 1.16.42, but that didn't help.

• 1 month later...
Has this started up again for anyone recently? It was fixed for me for me since they released the updated firmware back in January, but it's back. I am running Firmware 38.01 on my headset and dongle, but my monitors are back to not sleeping (they sleep, then immediately wake) unless I unplug the dongle or leave the headset powered on. I tried updating the software to 1.16.42, but that didn't help.

It has reappeared for me as well. It seems to happen for me if my headset is off (dongle is plugged in). As long as my headset is charging (plugged into the usb) or on running on the battery it works as it should.

• 1 month later...
What operating system and version of CUE are you using?

Is the operating system also up to date?

Windows 10, completely updated.

Latest CUE, fully updated before using the headset. Using "powercfg -requests" lists the Void headset as being the culprit.

Archived