Corsair Community

mid-game fps drops & shutdowns + booting problems.

SirPapaBigFudge

This issue has been going on for a couple weeks now. It started the computer not booting. I would hit the power button, and stare at a black screen for 30 minutes before I give up. Cleared CMOs which works sometimes. Most of the time, i have to just keep repowering until it boots. I also started noticing severe drops in my fps, i don't think its an internet issue as it occurs in single player games as well. The Corsair One Diagnostics program claims everything is running fine, but there is no reason this computer shouldn't be able to run fornite on the lowest possible settings higher than 20fps if a phone can run it better. I tried resetting windows, but i've still had shutdowns & garbage fps. I've noticed that unplugging the keyboard increases the chances that the computer boots properly. If there is an update hitting, shutdown then booting has a higher chance of booting than if I hit restart (i've concluded its possibly due to difference in booting via the fast boot that does not occur when restarting). If i hit restart, its like 0% chance that the computer doesn't black screen. I'm not sure what ways/how i can fix this issue. I do not mind mailing it in to be fixed if needed. Anyone have any suggestions?

• Corsair Employee
This issue has been going on for a couple weeks now. It started the computer not booting. I would hit the power button, and stare at a black screen for 30 minutes before I give up. Cleared CMOs which works sometimes. Most of the time, i have to just keep repowering until it boots. I also started noticing severe drops in my fps, i don't think its an internet issue as it occurs in single player games as well. The Corsair One Diagnostics program claims everything is running fine, but there is no reason this computer shouldn't be able to run fornite on the lowest possible settings higher than 20fps if a phone can run it better. I tried resetting windows, but i've still had shutdowns & garbage fps. I've noticed that unplugging the keyboard increases the chances that the computer boots properly. If there is an update hitting, shutdown then booting has a higher chance of booting than if I hit restart (i've concluded its possibly due to difference in booting via the fast boot that does not occur when restarting). If i hit restart, its like 0% chance that the computer doesn't black screen. I'm not sure what ways/how i can fix this issue. I do not mind mailing it in to be fixed if needed. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sounds like a unit with a bad cable. Please create a support a ticketand have it replace.

Archived