Corsair Community

VOID SE cant reconnect after going out of range

catacavaco

Hello guys, having some issues here with my VOID SE since the last few software updates.

Steps to reproduce the error:

• Listen to some music, use Skype or whatever
  • Go out of the transmitter range
  • Go back within range

When i received my VOID, without any updates, the headphone would automatically reconnect when going inside the range back again, thing is I have some certain spots at my place where i lose connection, and it was just going back inside the transmitters range to reconnect as if nothing has ever happened.

Problem is, since a couple of updates (dont know how many there were and when the problem started, maybe two or three updates since I got them [30/11/2015 in Belgium]), when i go outside the range, i lose connection, the headset never reconnects back and there i receive that tray message on windows saying "USB Device not recognized".

After that i have to unplug and plug the transmitter back again in a DIFFERENT usb port, otherwise it just wont work

This feature is really important for me because I have to move in and out of the range all the time, thus the reason i got a cordless headset (right?)

Is it possible to keep the driver/software under an older version or am I missing something?

tl;dr: VOID SE would reconnect when going in and out of the transmitter's range with original software/drivers, after a couple of updates it doesn't and the usb transmitter stops working. Only on windows

PS.: How do i know that this isn't firmware related ? Because when i do the same thing under linux (Ubuntu 15.10), it keeps working normally.

Archived