Corsair Community

So... are they all really so bugy?

Shana

Hey,

I'm still waiting for K70 or 95 RGB to be available to buy and meanwhile I read this forums. From what I see here I get an impression there's not single keyboard that works properly. It's really discouraging. Are they really all so bad? How often do the bugs/faults occur? Someone calm me, please ;)

(I know this thread has high chance of getting deleted immediately but I'm still hoping for an answer.)

Hey,

I'm still waiting for K70 or 95 RGB to be available to buy and meanwhile I read this forums. From what I see here I get an impression there's not single keyboard that works properly. It's really discouraging. Are they really all so bad? How often do the bugs/faults occur? Someone calm me, please ;)

(I know this thread has high chance of getting deleted immediately but I'm still hoping for an answer.)

Yeah the software and firmware is seriously buggy

You can't use steam, origin, or uplay because the keyboard will crash / freeze

If you just built a new computer and try to get into the bios it won't let you get into the bios

If you reset your cmos you can't get into your bios

Makes your computer take forever to boot even with 2 ssds in raid 0 like I got

Some times the software will just crash for the he'll of it

And on top of that they want dump files from you because there claiming these bugs are not happening on there computers

The firmware about a month ago just got a update so you can put your computer to sleep or shut down with out the keyboard staying on

I don't even use the software anymore I just use it as a normal keyboard when a new update comes out I'll test it if it crashes on steam then I don't use the software anymore

Honestly if I knew all this stuff was up with this keyboard I would of never bought it and would of got the razer chroma, orion spark, or a ducky

They never fixed this stuff in 5 months don't think there going to ever get it all fixed to be honest they will just make a revision of it that is going to work

I'm waiting for cherrys new keyboard they announced

at ces so I can get rid of this one

If I were you I would not buy it I am super disappointed with mine

I got mine a week ago, and haven't had any problems with boot up times, lights staying up when computer is turned off, steam/CUE/lights crashing.

Sometimes when games are loading and If I have some animation playing on keyboard, it gets a bit choppy for a second or two.

So it's just like usually that people who doesn't have any problems are not necessarily going forums to talk about it as they are not searching solution to problems.

I was a bit worried and prepared for bundle of problems, but to my surprise, only "problem" is that can't enter BIOS with this keyboard, but haven't even tried if keyboard bios switch resolves that issue, haven't had any reason to go there yet.

Sure CUE has some bugs that I have faced, (mainly that some buttons lighting effect haven't triggered until reloading the profile).

I have the K95 RGB and have not experienced any issues with Steam or any other application.

CUE may take some time getting used to. After a bit of time with the software and reading some pages of the manual it will not be as complicated as the first time you open the software. The user interface could use some improvement.

The impression here may seem like all the RGB keyboards are not working but this is a manufacturer forum which is usually mostly used by people who experience issues with their keyboard wanting help to resolve their issue. if you visit other manufacturer forums the chance of seeing people needing help with their product will be similar to this forum.

id say you can buy one in confidence...the only issue I have is occasionally...usually after my system has been running hours animation on the board sometimes locks up a reboot fixes it. and iirc I only encountered that in win10 ive since gone back to 8.1

I can't say I have encountered anything else about it that's bothered me, and I don't regret my purchase. Even my friend who was unimpressed with the initial Linus Tech Tips videos on it said its a beautiful keyboard in person

Yeah the software and firmware is seriously buggy

You can't use steam, origin, or uplay because the keyboard will crash / freeze

If you just built a new computer and try to get into the bios it won't let you get into the bios

If you reset your cmos you can't get into your bios

Makes your computer take forever to boot even with 2 ssds in raid 0 like I got

Some times the software will just crash for the he'll of it

And on top of that they want dump files from you because there claiming these bugs are not happening on there computers

The firmware about a month ago just got a update so you can put your computer to sleep or shut down with out the keyboard staying on

I don't even use the software anymore I just use it as a normal keyboard when a new update comes out I'll test it if it crashes on steam then I don't use the software anymore

have not experienced any of these faults, mine has worked perfectly ever since i bought it ( a month ago now).

own a RGB K70, with BROWN switches the only thing i regret is the switches, wish i got RED switches.

have not experienced any of these faults, mine has worked perfectly ever since i bought it ( a month ago now).

own a RGB K70, with BROWN switches the only thing i regret is the switches, wish i got RED switches.

Same cant say I have encountered any of these issues.

I only had the USB remuneration problem which I found a work around for but I still cannot recommend the keyboard if this will be your only keyboard.

May sound weird to say but this 200$ keyboard cannot be your prime KB, BIOS and other issues will make you go back to your regular USB keyboard from time to time.

If you like tinkering with things go for it .. If you don't like tinkering with things don't buy it.

personally I'm frustrated with the keyboard because it has unusable on board memory - you save a profile to the board go to a new computer .. guess what ... the profile is there but you cant touch it or use it :evil:

was waiting for blues to come in stock .. but apparently no one likes clicky keyboards

The build quality is rock solid 10/10

The software your forced to use is 3/10 * I would gladly love static lights and static keystroke macros - if it meant I could use the board without software

• Corsair Employee
This thread is a good example of what we're encountering. Some people, like Mesamitch, have some of the issues we have difficulty replicating in the lab, while others like SimpleStreet has no issues at all. Two very extremes. I think with the nature that is software, there are always going to be issues with certain hardware configurations. We're doing our best to get as much information as possible so we can implement all the fixes. I think in comparison to when when we first launched, things have gotten only better and our progress won't stop any time soon.

This thread is a good example of what we're encountering. Some people, like Mesamitch, have some of the issues we have difficulty replicating in the lab, while others like SimpleStreet has no issues at all. Two very extremes. I think with the nature that is software, there are always going to be issues with certain hardware configurations. We're doing our best to get as much information as possible so we can implement all the fixes. I think in comparison to when when we first launched, things have gotten only better and our progress won't stop any time soon.

Sorry but sincerely with all due respect, I'll repost a thread I've made some time ago...

First of all I want to state that I do not only have a K70 RGB, but I also own, a Corsair Air 540 case, a H105 AIO Cooler and a M95 Mice and former owner of a K95 Keyboard...so nope, It's not a bashing per se or trolling Corsair tthread at all, but I'm worried of the level and quantity of issues I have passed with my keyboards...

I've own a K95 keyboard that just two weeks after I purchased it, it started to loose LEDS...by the time I was going to receive another, I decided to change it for a K70 RGB, where the LED issue was fixed (I have a friend who changed two times his K70 because of the dead LEDs in a two months period ending selling the last one for not trusting the product anymore) ...so far the LEDS are not dying but I have encountered a lot of issues with the keyboard and is quite clear that this is not a singular nor aisolated problem of MY keyboard, but more of almost every K70 RGB out there, at some point or another, someone will face:

1. Annoying Slow boot, annoying being nice when not almost freezing

2. Software crashes (the ammount and type of them can be read in this board)

3. Noise in the speakers produced by the keyboard (thought to be fair this also has to do with the "sensitivity" of certain speakers, my ROKITS by chance)...but cables with at least ferrite cord noise suppressor wouldn't hurt in such an expensive keyboard

4. Leds in white to tend to get slightly reddish/yellowish/ etc...I hope that this is not a sign of a major LED problem in the future

5. Misleading Marketing: aka the colours issue...

Corsair James, the bugs are more common and spread than you are making it sound they are. And while is right that is hard to meet every configuration out there, is also true that many of the issues mentioned here happens in very different configurations and BTW if I had those issues with my configuration that is pretty much high end like the keyboards itself, it makes it worse.

The sensation I have like I've said before is that I don't want the next "K100 ultra RGB" to solve the issues with the current line, that in their mere hardware aspect (let's pray the leds do not start to fail any time soon) is from an OUTSTANDING quality, the very big reason why even as buggy and problematic this keyboards are, the majority like me DO NOT want to get rid of them (unless major issues like the dying leds in the original K70/95 happens ...and anyway I stick to this new line and didn't changed the brand because of the so far fullfill promise of that issue solved)

To sum UP, the soft needs a revamp

PD: Even in a subjective issue like the one I'm going to mention now, the keyboards need a re thinking.

Watching my keyboard everytime that boots changing from a red and white squeme to what I've chosen via soft (very slowly process BTW) ain't exactly that great.

I think you should have chosen for a plain one color squeme, for me: a white one, if at least by merely hardware connection the color squeme was white, I might not even install the software (here I might be pretty alone, since the RGB capability is the biggest selling aspect but yet white is white and as an initial and basic config I think it works better than the actual red/white one). I know this is just my opinion, but in my case I just switch to the RGB line because of the faulty dying leds of my prior K95.

So mainly please work faster and make a more robust software (I would happily embrace a full white "hardware" connected keyboard too, to later switch to whatever squeme the new soft might let me).

I won't be giving another chance with the next line like I did in the past. If you don't solve the issues on this one and I'm gusseing I won't be the only one thinking this way.

Thanxs man for bearing this mamut of a post, but I'm at the same time in a love/hate relationship with the brand and the keyboard, you have all the tools to easily lean me and not few others to the love side...

I pre-ordered my K70 RBD "red" keyboard from Corsair before production release and got one of the "first" ones, plugged it into USB 2.0 ports and it has worked flawlessly ever since.

When I went on holiday I wanted to show off the keyboard to my relatives.

I took my older Lenovo windows 8.1 laptop and a powered USB 2.0 hub, and loaded the K70 software.

For the 1st time ever, I plugged my R.A.T 7 mouse and the K70 into the powered hub with some anxiety (everyone looking on), and it again worked flawlessly, and thanks very much to some Corsair forum's hard-working keyboard programmers, I was able to impress them all.

Good Job Corsair and the keyboard programmers. I actually impressed some harsh critics with my expensive "new" toy.

I pre-ordered mine right when the reds first came out. It worked pretty well before I updated the firmware and software. Now it constantly freezes when I'm playing game and have to use multiple keys at once. I've uninstalled everything and re-installed in different USB ports, re-installed software, I just re-installed Windows a couple days ago, and I've tried ever bios switch position. No matter what it will eventually freeze. Position 2 seems to work the best so far as it won't necessarily freeze unless I try to make it by rapidly pressing caps lock(which they said was fixed) but it still will eventually freeze if I'm playing a game and have to type multiple keys rapidly. Its not what was advertised to me. I could have save the money and bought a regular k70.

edit:

Switching to a USB 3.0 port seems to have fixed all the issues I was having and I really tried hard to get it to freeze a few minutes ago.

I had several issues that are similar to what some people on the forum experienced until I recently found the fix for it. Since then, I can't say anything but that I'm more than pleased I went with this purchase over the Razer Chroma or anything else.

Oh, and i'm also more than glad that I went with the browns over the reds contrary to what someone else posted on this thread.

But I have to say, this issues shouldn't have existed in the first place, it should be a simple and seamless connection between the hardware and the software for a keyboard.

My fix btw : Plugged it into a Intel USB 3.0 port instead of the Asmedia 3.0 USB port.

I guess this mess is what scares other manufacturers from trying anything more complex than "breathing". Which makes Corsair the only manufacturer with RGB keyboard with this level of customization. Funny how it worked. I guess I'll gamble :P

I pre-ordered my K70 RBD "red" keyboard from Corsair before production release and got one of the "first" ones, plugged it into USB 2.0 ports and it has worked flawlessly ever since.

When I went on holiday I wanted to show off the keyboard to my relatives.

I took my older Lenovo windows 8.1 laptop and a powered USB 2.0 hub, and loaded the K70 software.

For the 1st time ever, I plugged my R.A.T 7 mouse and the K70 into the powered hub with some anxiety (everyone looking on), and it again worked flawlessly, and thanks very much to some Corsair forum's hard-working keyboard programmers, I was able to impress them all.

Good Job Corsair and the keyboard programmers. I actually impressed some harsh critics with my expensive "new" toy.

Jeez....the job appliances certainly are in another sector...I have lots of Corsair products in my PC and I had in the past, but for christ sake these keyboards and the prior line have/had lots of issues...

I would recommend avoiding ANY Corsair product that requires software to fully function. To put it bluntly, Corsair's Link software is nothing short of an embarrassment for the company. It is crippled by bugs and not in a state worthy of release as a finished product. It frequently loses settings, is slow and missing basic features. For example, it has a shortcut menu accessible by right clicking on the system tray. No big deal, that's a standard feature right? The thing is, none of the options in that menu actually do anything - I mean they literally do not do anything.

This would be less of an issue if Link was just for people who want to access advanced options or tinker a bit which is how most companion software is positioned. However, Corsair have heavily marketed link connectivity as a major selling point for their high end products. They also sell a few products that require Link to function at all, such as the Commander Mini. If you are willing to sell products that rely on software for basic functionality, you need to make damn sure the software works.

For now, I'll give Corsair the benefit of the doubt and assume they just bit off more than they could chew. This would explain the delayed release of their RGB keyboards and the debacle over their limited colour display. I really hope Corsair address their clear deficiency in software development and release some solid updates in the next few months. If they don't, I can't see myself buying Corsair's products in the future and I'm sure a lot of people share this opinion.

Hey,

dont man really dont waste ur Money i wish i had never bought it its beautiful outside but very very bad inside if u know what i mean and im very polite btw

I had several issues that are similar to what some people on the forum experienced until I recently found the fix for it. Since then, I can't say anything but that I'm more than pleased I went with this purchase over the Razer Chroma or anything else.

Oh, and i'm also more than glad that I went with the browns over the reds contrary to what someone else posted on this thread.

But I have to say, this issues shouldn't have existed in the first place, it should be a simple and seamless connection between the hardware and the software for a keyboard.

My fix btw : Plugged it into a Intel USB 3.0 port instead of the Asmedia 3.0 USB port.

Lol... so you think Corsair should fix ASMedias poor USB 3.0 firmware issues?

dont man really dont waste ur Money i wish i had never bought it its beautiful outside but very very bad inside if u know what i mean and im very polite btw

So because you with your experience, on your hardware, means everyone else must have the same. My keyboard works fine and has since I got it, but in reading the forums this **** should be practically exploding. You know what you're going to see the most of in a SUPPORT forum? Oh I don't know, issues maybe?

On a forum you'll see 95% peoples always complaining about issues. Those that don't have any issues will never post anything most likely.

It's the same everywhere, not just here on Corsair forums.

Exactly. I mean if my hardware setup works why should I be sitting here constantly saying "MINE WORKS!! GUYS LOOK MINE WORKS!!!" To me I think that seems really rude.

So because you with your experience, on your hardware, means everyone else must have the same. My keyboard works fine and has since I got it, but in reading the forums this **** should be practically exploding. You know what you're going to see the most of in a SUPPORT forum? Oh I don't know, issues maybe?

Exactly. I mean if my hardware setup works why should I be sitting here constantly saying "MINE WORKS!! GUYS LOOK MINE WORKS!!!" To me I think that seems really rude.

Come on, of course if you don't have a problem you won't post, yet mostly people are complaining about the software in the same way many people complain about bad optimization on latest Ubisoft game titles. I have respect for both brands for trying and making exciting products but they are clearly rushing out them

To make it worse my M95 two days ago do not function anymore out of nothing and was working flawesly since day one and with the soft working a lot better than the K70 RGB one. I've just RMA yesterday. In this case I mostly think I must have bad luck, there aren't as much complains or problems with this mice as with the LEDs in the prior line and with the soft in this new RGB one

And the LED thing on the prior line was absolutely irresponsible from Corsair, they even kept replacing keyboards with "new" ones with the same exact issue. Mostly I think that they are rushing up things and that has to be adressed. Sometimes hardware stuff: LEDs in prior line, mostly software ones: in this RGB ones.

Not sure where I said that, but nevertheless I don't see any other brand of keyboards (RGB or not) having problems with Asmedia USB ports. So it's clearly a issue between the Corsair device and the USB port or the software itself.

Think before you speak instead of needlessly shooting other users' comments.

Archived