Corsair Community

CMD32GX3M4A2133C9 and GA-P67A-UD4 and i7 2600 compatibility

kad2000

Hi guys,

Please I need help,

As the title I ask about DOMINATOR®PLATINUM CMD32GX3M4A2133C9 GA-P67A-UD4 CPU i7 2600 3.4-3.8GHZ COMPATIBILITYI???

I have already my Workstation i7 : with the following spec:

MB : GA-P67A-UD4(rev. 1.0)

--------------------------

M/B Rev : 1.0

BIOS Ver : F3

Serial No. : SN104900054706

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

VGA Brand : Asus Model : EAH6950 Series

CPU Brand : Intel Model : i7 2600 Speed : 3.40GHz BOOST to 3.80GHz

Operation System : Win 7 64-bit SP : 1

Memory Brand : ADATA Type : DDRIII SDRAM

Memory Size : 16 GB (4x4gb) Speed : 667 MHz

I don't search to overclock my H\W or something like this ,

1- My configuration (memory) need to be upgrade to 32 GB Ram, (software convenience SW 64bit for big assemblies, Abaqus 64bit for FEM Analysis) see the Pics.

2- and also Reduce the time of calculation for exemple from 6 Hours to 2 hours.

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/483573_10200205814934603_662989111_n.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/483542_10200205828694947_1833731313_n.jpg

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/483542_10200205828734948_1117109392_n.jpg

PS: Thanks in advance for help.

I don't search to overclock my H\W or something like this ,

1- My configuration (memory) need to be upgrade to 32 GB Ram, (software convenience SW 64bit for big assemblies, Abaqus 64bit for FEM Analysis) see the Pics.

Your CPU requires 1.5v memory. The Dominator platinums are 1.65v memory at their rated speed of 2133mhz. But the memory controller in your CPU may struggle with memory over 1866mhz Meaning they may have to be run at 1866mhz anyway. .

I'n this instance since you are just looking to speed up calculations, I would suggest an 1866mhz Vengeance kit. It still would be an overclock , but would do so at 1.5v instead of the 1.65v that the Dominator Platinums are rated for.

2- and also Reduce the time of calculation for exemple from 6 Hours to 2 hours.

I don't think this would be possible with just upgrading your memory The difference betwen 1333mhz and 1866, or even 2133mhz memory really isn't all that great when compared side by side in benchmarks. In your case greater capacity is going to be a better benefit than speed

Adding a second GPU or moving to a workstation GPU (like the Nvidia QuadroFX series )would be better and may get you closer to the kind of speed you want.

Much thanks guys, and so sorry for the mess I make,

So, if I understand correctly, my installation requires Memory kit that the voltage 1.5v and the frequency 1600 Mhz,

I choose that set:

Dominator® Platinum with Corsair Link Connector — 1.5V 32GB Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMD32GX3M4A1600C9)

For the BIOS (F3 / F6 /F7B) : is it auto-adjust?

Ps: Much thanks, you save me, I'm stuck with my thesis for 6 years:confused:

For the BIOS (F3 / F6 /F7B) : is it auto-adjust?

No, you would need to update that manually. that process is covered in your MB manual, or you can call the manufacturer and have them walk you through it.

And yes that kit is just fine! (CMD32GX3M4A1600C9)

Hi peanutz94,

Do you mean that if I double the GPU, I will increase the speed???

Adding a second GPU or moving to a workstation GPU (like the Nvidia QuadroFX series )would be better and may get you closer to the kind of speed you want.

http://www.dvhardware.net/news/2010/asus_radeon_hd_6950_6970.jpg

Product Features

Chipset: Radeon HD6950 Engine Clock: 810 MHz Video Memory: 2GB DDR5 Memory Clock: 5000 MHz

Memory Interface: 256-bit Bus: PCI-Express 2.1 x16 RAMDAC: 400 MHz

Max. Resolution: 2560 x 1600 Connectors: Dual DVI; HDMI; 2x Mini DisplayPort Thermal: Fansink

Support Microsoft Windows 7 Support AMD CrossFireX Technology Support AMD Eyefinity Technology

Support AMD HD3D Technology Support HDCP - High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection Support Microsoft DirectX 11

Regards,

Hi peanutz94,

Do you mean that if I double the GPU, I will increase the speed???

Absolutly , especially in Solid works, and as Synthohol stated a workstation card would be better suited, but can run thousands of dollars. Adding another of the same GPU you already have will greatly increase your productivity! :)

Hi,

http://www.nvidia.com/content/quadro...AutoCAD-LR.pdf

read that, a better GPU suited for CAD will be much more beneficial than a wad of ram.

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/312726_10200257535187577_1477488415_n.jpg

ESPECIALLY

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429430_10200257536667614_242094622_n.jpg

Ok Then for CAE I need somthing like NVIDIA® Tesla™ série 20 , when I saw the comparative chart, but the price :eek: ssssss..., for the next year I hope it will be possible.

Absolutly , especially in Solid works, and as Synthohol stated a workstation card would be better suited, but can run thousands of dollars. Adding another of the same GPU you already have will greatly increase your productivity! :)

For the moment, I obliged to choose the peanutz94 option,

Recap: Ihave to bay as soon as possible those items:

1- Dominator® Platinum with Corsair Link Connector — 1.5V 32GB Quad Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMD32GX3M4A1600C9)

2- 2nd ASUS Radeon HD6950

3- And perheps an SSD but I don't if it will help in calculation speed or not??

Thanks guys, now I see more clear.

Thats a great option too!. That would also probably better than than a second AMD card.

The only draw back would be if you game on your machine when your not working on your thesis. The quadro cards are not gaming cards and will perform worse in most cases in games. But if you use your computer stricktly for your work, then the quadro series would be the best option.

And yes, an SSD will also help speed you up too!

Yes I'm NFS fan :biggrin: (most wanted + the run), and without Asus utilities gamerOS AND ?doctor it's fine, never get prob;

As you told me guys for the moment I'll manage with my syst, upgrade it, get my final FEM result till june2013, after that I will contact you guys to guid me to build only the best of the best H/W to get a machine that help me during the 5 to 10 next years.:D:

witch corsair SSD could you advise me? (Capacity+ Speed),

Your board support s SATA3 6GB SSD's so there are quite a few to choose from.

The FoceGT's would be the fastest and capacity would be up to you.Since your working with such large files i would get the largest you can afford . Or compare read and write times of the ones they have available and go for the one that suits you the best

You can put Windows and your other software on the SSD and use your standard HDD to store your files when not needed.

• Corsair Employee
Your board support s SATA3 6GB SSD's so there are quite a few to choose from.

The FoceGT's would be the fastest and capacity would be up to you.Since your working with such large files i would get the largest you can afford . Or compare read and write times of the ones they have available and go for the one that suits you the best

You can put Windows and your other software on the SSD and use your standard HDD to store your files when not needed.

I actually like the Neutron GTX over the Force series. Neutron does compressed data near Force speeds but destroys it when it manages uncompressed data.

I actually like the Neutron GTX over the Force series. Neutron does compressed data near Force speeds but destroys it when it manages uncompressed data.

I'm glad you added that I wasn't quite sure and was going from the product information that the GT series was the fastest you offered.

• Corsair Employee
I'm glad you added that I wasn't quite sure and was going from the product information that the GT series was the fastest you offered.

I agree, the marketing material only shows ATTO benchmarks, which favor Sandforce drives (which is almost every SSD out there now). However, the results are quite different with benchmarks that reflect real world usage.

Archived