Corsair Community

K70 RGB Dead LED

jazzy348

I think it was to do with where I got it from. It was a bit temperamental the day I got it, but as usual excitement took over and I really didn't want to wait for a replacement and now that I've had it more than a month, the website I bought it from won't take it back...

I think it was to do with where I got it from. It was a bit temperamental the day I got it, but as usual excitement took over and I really didn't want to wait for a replacement and now that I've had it more than a month, the website I bought it from won't take it back...

Corsair should seriously rethink that attitude.

I'm not touching any of their keyboards now that I'm seeing so many of these complaints.

Maybe Linus should do a video on it, that might get the ball rolling.

post about this issue on the Linus Tech Tips forum.

http://linustechtips.com

Corsair needs to come clean on what's going on, why are the LED's dying

why did the cable on my K70 snap despite the thickness of the covering?

The trampstamp is one thing but keyboards dying is another.

I'm not touching any of their keyboards now that I'm seeing so many of these complaints.

I posted on there, thanks. Been a fan of that channel for a while now but didn't think of posting it on their forum.

I posted on there, thanks. Been a fan of that channel for a while now but didn't think of posting it on their forum.

Linus has a sponsorship deal with Corsair, same with NCIX.

Linus has made is clear he will only support companies with quality hardware

and good customer support, lets see if he see's this issue and see what he can find out about it.

This whole "Gaming" thing coupled with the issues with the LED's

and my cable that is damaged from lightly wrapping it around the keyboard

is looking like Corsair is cheaping out on parts quite possibly whoever it

is that's assembling them is not doing a very good job of quality control

and hiring people who know what their doing.

The price of the keyboards however remain the same.

Won't be touching another Corsair until something is done about this issue

and Corsair gives a clear explanation of what's going on.

What does Corsair have to do if the website he bought the keyboard from won't take it back? Corsair doesn't have any control over how other 3rd party sites operate :confused:

There isn't any specific keys that die, it's the whole keyboard that's effected

some people have over 30 dead LED's, every day they get more.

That's not true, there are some reports of peoples having LED issues on RGB keyboard but the most I've seen so far was 4-5 keys and right after shipping (not after usage). The ones with 30+ dead LED keys are the old non-RGB ones.

What does Corsair have to do if the website he bought the keyboard from won't take it back? Corsair doesn't have any control over how other 3rd party sites operate :confused:

That's not true, there are some reports of peoples having LED issues on RGB keyboard but the most I've seen so far was 4-5 keys and right after shipping (not after usage). The ones with 30+ dead LED keys are the old non-RGB ones.

1) Corsair has known about this issue for at least 2 years and they are still shipping these defective keyboards.

A lot of people have RMA'd up to 4 keyboards out of their own pocket.

2) Actually it is TRUE.

There are tons of people with 30 or more dead LED's on their keyboards

with more showing up every day.

Most complaints have at least 10 dead LED's. It takes a few days or weeks for people to reach 30 or more

so as time goes by the number of dead LED's go up.

4-5 keys. ya right.

The fact that 4-5 LED's are dying is not good, no matter how people like you try to sugar coat it.

I've just got one single dead LED, and it's been like that for about a week now.

Make a video and upload it to Youtube.

The more exposure this issue gets the better.

• Corsair Employee
There isn't any specific keys that die, it's the whole keyboard that's effected

some people have over 30 dead LED's, every day they get more.

The situations where we see multiple LED's go out is a rare occurence given that we sell tens of thousands of keyboards. We have a two year warranty for this every reason.

What LED is affected on your keyboard? We haven't seen any *dead* LED on RGB keyboards yet (though we have a few cases where a RGB LED wasn't being displayed correctly).

My backslash key is the issue. It still works just fine, but doesn't light up. I've had many issues with the software as well, trying to change the colour doesn't always work, I think only cyan and red work for me, the rest just turn the keys off.

Update: A firmware update fixed it! I reinstalled the software which prompted a firmware update. Thanks for your help!

I suspected you using old firmware/software since this caused certain keys on certain layouts to not light up which is why I asked what LED wasn't working.

Glad to hear you got it solved.

1) Corsair has known about this issue for at least 2 years and they are still shipping these defective keyboards.

A lot of people have RMA'd up to 4 keyboards out of their own pocket.

2) Actually it is TRUE.

There are tons of people with 30 or more dead LED's on their keyboards

with more showing up every day.

Most complaints have at least 10 dead LED's. It takes a few days or weeks for people to reach 30 or more

so as time goes by the number of dead LED's go up.

4-5 keys. ya right.

The fact that 4-5 LED's are dying is not good, no matter how people like you try to sugar coat it.

Almost every product in existence has the potential for problems. The more popular a product, the more you hear about problems. The true frequency of such issues is greatly exaggerated by the fact that there is not a number of posts praising the lack of problems with the product proportionate to the amount of people who do not experience problems with it.

• 2 months later...

i got 13 dead, so add me to list, oh my, the list is, closed...

my tech, fixed it. with , new LED's. LITEON top brand.

the take down is easy, once the hidden screws are found.

this is not spam , only how to fix it yourself or show your tech. Mine does walkin's only.

the cost was less than shipping, to Corsair RMA. 25 cent LED< and switches are $1.25

so only labor costs. 1hr.

http://corsair.fixkick.com/

i got 13 dead, so add me to list, oh my, the list is, closed...

my tech, fixed it. with , new LED's. LITEON top brand.

the take down is easy, once the hidden screws are found.

this is not spam , only how to fix it yourself or show your tech. Mine does walkin's only.

the cost was less than shipping, to Corsair RMA. 25 cent LED< and switches are $1.25

so only labor costs. 1hr.

http://corsair.fixkick.com/

I want to point out quickly that this topic is about the RGB version of the keyboard (unlike yours) which has the switches mounted in a completely different way, and the switches themselves are different.

if true, make a voting box, in sticky

months owned

and number of problems.? (0 ,2,or 10?) what>? make a scatter plot of data.?

let the truth set you free?

ever burn your products in ( QA test them for 6 months) what is MTBF rates? got data?

A poll wouldn't change a thing, peoples don't visit a forum unless they have issues usually. You'd still get "faked" results in that case too.

• 4 months later...
The situations where we see multiple LED's go out is a rare occurence given that we sell tens of thousands of keyboards. We have a two year warranty for this every reason.

That is corsairs greatest strength as a company, im not too happy that my F and left ctrl key leds sometimes dont work the way they should but, the warranty is great as you dont really have to worry about it only shipping costs

Leds as a component should last well over 25 years so either these keyboards have poor soldering or bad internal connections, hence having to tap the key hard to get the light to come back on properly.

shame its a brilliant keyboard thats ruined by this glitch, to be honest i blame lead free solder, its horrid for bad connections on pcbs and horrid to work with.

to be honest i blame lead free solder, its horrid for bad connections on pcbs and horrid to work with.

Lead free solder may not be as good as the "full fat" stuff, but there's plenty of electronic products out there that don't suffer from dry joints.

Yea trouble is with such a small amount of surface area of the solder pads in these keyboards puts them even more at risk from the lead free solder plague, it just doesnt grab aswell as leaded solder on small areas. The keyboard needs a better ground connection to all the leds.

also LF solder is less tolerant to being thrown around/moved etc its bloody awful stuff

My KORG Volca Keys suffers from the same problem

http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/103778/lead-free-soldering-and-bad-looking-joints

Archived