Corsair Community

Downgrade Corsair Link To Previous Versions?

ThatsDirty

Is there anyway to revert back to a previous version? With the latest 4.9.4.28 as of 12-22-17 it removed with the demo playback lighting effect for my SP120s and LED strips since they brought back hardware playback, I really enjoyed that rainbow wave type effect for my fans and LEDs but they haven't brought it officially as a lighting effect on its own.

I've uninstalled this 4.9.4.28 and installed the last version before this, which is 4.9.3.25 which released on 12-8-17. But for some weird reason Corsair Link is still showing as 4.9.4.28 as shown in the attached picture but in the Windows uninstall menu I installed the 4.9.3.25 as show on the left. I've removed the configuration files when I was uninstalling the 4.9.4.28 version and removed any registries with CCleaner.

Any help would be much appreciated!

K4W9iIA.thumb.jpg.0e658bf67c561aa633897be26e422283.jpg

That's a little strange and shouldn't be possible. There is no auto-update. Are you sure the removal is successful? The failed box looks just like the success box. I ran into problems on 4.9.4.28 as well and I could not remove it with the normal Windows uninstaller. I had to use 3rd party tools to get rid of it.

So I found out how to downgrade.. I thought uninstalling CL4 and the configuration files would delete the entire Corsair Link 4 folder but it didn't. So it kept whatever files that were from the latest update there which is why I kept getting the 4.9.4.28 update. So I deleted it and reinstalled the last version before the playback update and voila, back on version 4.9.3.25 with the demo playback.

• 3 months later...

So I read through all this and actually did not get it. Maybe someone could detail a little further. I had iCUE installed for a while and completely did not like it, especially when the drives disappeared w/o any warning. Link 4 was still there but stupid me allowed it to be updated (now 4.9.7.35). So no drives there either. Another PC of mine still happily runs 4.9.6.19 (with the drives).

So I downloaded 4.9.6.19 and am I aware that I have to deinstall Link and then install the old version. But how can I keep my current settings and later present them to the "new" old version? Is it CLink4App.config in ProgramData\Clink4? When I later place it into that folder, will Link see and apply it or is the Link version somehow wired into it?

Is it CLink4App.config in ProgramData\Clink4? When I later place it into that folder, will Link see and apply it or is the Link version somehow wired into it?

Super safe way is to copy that folder above and stick it in a save place if things go wrong. I do this for both CUE and Link these days. However, when you use the normal Windows app uninstaller from the menu, if will give you a prompt to [check box] Remove configuration files. Leave this unchecked and it should not be necessary to copy and paste the CLINK4 folder back in.

If disaster does happen, install the Link version you want. Make sure Link is not running, then paste that CLINK4 folder back in to the Program Data folder. Then open Link.

Archived