Corsair Community

LL series rgb and PWM extensions for hub and CP

unlvjeffro

I am wiring up my rig and I am going to need a few RGB and PWM fan extensions to be able to reach my RGB hub and my commander pro. Do I need to purchase corsair specific extensions or will any extensions suffice???

Also would it be OK to mount my RGB hub on top of my commander pro? and could I mount my commander pro on the side of my power supply? Or is that a bad idea???

There may be more questions as I get closer to finishing up the build, but I am real close to pushing that start button.. :D: Appreciate the help...

Last thing, I have looked and all I can find are extensions for rgb light strips, those are not the ones I need. Any links to some good quality / inexpensive extensions would be appreciated.

I am wiring up my rig and I am going to need a few RGB and PWM fan extensions to be able to reach my RGB hub and my commander pro. Do I need to purchase corsair specific extensions or will any extensions suffice???

For PWM, any extension will suffice. The Commander Pro should come with some. I've not seen any extensions for the RGB connections.

Also would it be OK to mount my RGB hub on top of my commander pro? and could I mount my commander pro on the side of my power supply? Or is that a bad idea???

I don't see why it would be a problem. I guess there could be interference from the power supply? But I would think that's unlikely. I've not done it or tried it ... so I can't say for sure.

There may be more questions as I get closer to finishing up the build, but I am real close to pushing that start button.. :D: Appreciate the help...

Yeah, we're all waiting for that too. We wanna know how that cooler will work.

Last thing, I have looked and all I can find are extensions for rgb light strips, those are not the ones I need. Any links to some good quality / inexpensive extensions would be appreciated.

OK ... looking on ModDIY, I found this: https://www.moddiy.com/products/Corsair-Link-%7B47%7D-Commander-4%252dPin-Female%252dto%252dFemale-Sleeved-Extension-Cable.html. It might work??

Dev, you are Da Man!!! I looked for ages and all I could find were extensions for RGB light strips....Those might work....Thanks again!!!

Yeah ... let me know if they do. I might pick some up if they actually work. The picture looks right ... but there's no telling. But it's gotta be better than using jumper wires from my arduino.

And now you're a double guinea pig. :p:

I don't see why it would be a problem. I guess there could be interference from the power supply? But I would think that's unlikely. I've not done it or tried it ... so I can't say for sure.

I have my Commander Pro on the back of my PSU with no issues at all,, no reason why you cant do the above buddy :)

Dev, you are Da Man!!! I looked for ages and all I could find were extensions for RGB light strips....Those might work....Thanks again!!!

Any word yet on whether those work? I have some things planned for my build and may wind up needing an extension or two. :cool:

I have some things planned for my build and may wind up needing an extension or two. :cool:

Interesting.. just two? :D.... my 2 Led Pro expansion kits have arrived today :).. so that's 8 more ext's I have.. but I still think i may need more....

Interesting.. just two? :D.... my 2 Led Pro expansion kits have arrived today :).. so that's 8 more ext's I have.. but I still think i may need more....

Dude! I think the amount of RGB that you are running is illegal in most countries. You know ... you can get an Arduino LilyPad and use the code on that thread about the custom Arduino controller and wear those LEDs. Then you'd never be without them. :cool:

Dude! I think the amount of RGB that you are running is illegal in most countries. You know ... you can get an Arduino LilyPad and use the code on that thread about the custom Arduino controller and wear those LEDs. Then you'd never be without them. :cool:

LOOL!!!.. these are for the back of my monitors and under the desk ;). which free's up the 2 HD140's and 7 hd120's which I need to sell to pay for the H150i Pro as due to the waiting for it I spent its funds on a new center monitor lol...

Archived