Corsair Community

Cue update has caused Win10 endless boot Loop

Fezzy

Today I received my new Corsair VOID Wireless headset, plugged it in, updated its firmware and all was well.

I then noticed a notification to update the CUE software from 2.4.66 to 2.5.66.

Half way through the install process, my PC crashed into a sound loop and then BSOD with the error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Now my PC is stuck in an endless boot loop.

I managed to cure it by disconnecting all my corsair devices and using my Win10 usb drive to run a system repair which just did a system restore. (and which i just realized deleted Forza Horizon, so thats 50Gb to re-download :(: )

I downloaded CUE 2.5.66 from Corsair's site, it does install, but will not open! :evil: I tried removing and re-installing, but still have this issue.

I'd rather not have to do a clean Win10 install :(:

Anyone experienced the same? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same issue here. I just tried updating CUE 2.4.66 to the lastest 2.5.66. During install I got a bluescreen and after that a bootloop. Had to use Windows restore to get back to a prior version.

Sorry, this is not acceptable!

@Toasted

Did you even read Fezzys post? Boy, how would you access Event Viewer if the system is in a bootloop?`

This needs to be fixed, I can´t believe we are the only ones that have this issue.

K70 Lux RGB, Windows 10 Anniversary Update, 6700k Intel CPU.

Same issue here. I just tried updating CUE 2.4.66 to the lastest 2.5.66. During install I got a bluescreen and after that a bootloop. Had to use Windows restore to get back to a prior version.

Sorry, this is not acceptable!

@Toasted

Did you even read Fezzys post? Boy, how would you access Event Viewer if the system is in a bootloop?`

This needs to be fixed, I can´t believe we are the only ones that have this issue.

K70 Lux RGB, Windows 10 Anniversary Update, 6700k Intel CPU.

There appears to be a bug with CUE 2.5.66. DO NOT UPDATE from 2.4.66.

UNINSTALL 2.4 then INSTALL 2.5 (that worked for me)

@ThesunGirl

Thanks, I will try that soon. For now I am not keen on reinstalling or fixing Windows 10 again, if things go wrong. I find it highly irritating that a damn keyboard program makes Windows 10 go into a bootloop. This is terribly sloppy programming on Corsairs side. I can´t remember the last time I had a bluescreen (be it Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10)....and Corsair managed to do so with a lousy keyboard software, boy.

@EdHart

I had it save to my harddrive - luckily.

Here you go if you need it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_3FI5wuvVFlX1MxUm9LVGtlZkE/view?usp=sharing

@ThesunGirl

Thanks, I will try that soon. For now I am not keen on reinstalling or fixing Windows 10 again, if things go wrong. I find it highly irritating that a damn keyboard program makes Windows 10 go into a bootloop. This is terribly sloppy programming on Corsairs side. I can´t remember the last time I had a bluescreen (be it Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10)....and Corsair managed to do so with a lousy keyboard software, boy.

@EdHart

I had it save to my harddrive - luckily.

Here you go if you need it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_3FI5wuvVFlX1MxUm9LVGtlZkE/view?usp=sharing

Thank you Flint314 :) I found V2.3.74 as well which worked best for me. I will install tonight to see how it works.

Also had this issue updating to 2.5.66

Now that i've uninstalled i've tried reinstalling 2.4.66 after uninstalling all versions and my computer now crashes while trying to install drivers. Now attempting version 1

EDIT: Now I am recieving a procedure entry point error within CueHID for multiple files. I just want my mouse buttons to work :(

EDIT 2: After trying to repair the version 1 software it crashed my computer during Driver1 install AGAIN. This software is absolutely abysmal.

• Corsair Employees

Hi all,

CUE shouldn't cause any bluescreens and we've never seen this symptom before. It's even more odd that an earlier version of CUE 2.X works but not 2.5 since the backend components have not changed (only fixes to UI issues).

In order for us to properly diagnose what could be wrong, we'll need event logs or a blue screen log to know what exactly caused the issue. Windows always saves these so once you can successfully boot back in, I'd appreciate it if you guys can share it.

As for a "boot loop", CUE isn't likely the cause of that since CUE doesn't affect any OS startup files. The only thing CUE installs is a driver (for the macro playback) and that doesn't impact whether Windows starts up successfully or not.

Hi all,

CUE shouldn't cause any bluescreens and we've never seen this symptom before. It's even more odd that an earlier version of CUE 2.X works but not 2.5 since the backend components have not changed (only fixes to UI issues).

In order for us to properly diagnose what could be wrong, we'll need event logs or a blue screen log to know what exactly caused the issue. Windows always saves these so once you can successfully boot back in, I'd appreciate it if you guys can share it.

As for a "boot loop", CUE isn't likely the cause of that since CUE doesn't affect any OS startup files. The only thing CUE installs is a driver (for the macro playback) and that doesn't impact whether Windows starts up successfully or not.

"Half way through the install process, my PC crashed into a sound loop and then BSOD with the error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL."

This is the exact boot loop error it causes. Every install it crashes during the Driver install part of the CUE install. 2.5.66 is the only one that caused boot loop. Version 2.4.66 and the current 1.16 version just froze my computer on install of the driver.

How would you like me to export the eventlog? I saved the custom view and exported the custom view, not sure what your looking for or where I should host it.

Here you go https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxY-arku8_JleTViUy1Xd1pUdkE/view?usp=sharing

...and please let me know if it works. I completely uninstalled CUE2, i might install CUE1 later, can't afford any system freezes anymore.

It seems that Corsair isn't eager to do something about it!

It worked for me! I will mention that I did have a different mouse than my Scimitar plugged in when I downloaded. Not sure if that plays a part just thought i'd mention it.

"Half way through the install process, my PC crashed into a sound loop and then BSOD with the error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL."

This is the exact boot loop error it causes. Every install it crashes during the Driver install part of the CUE install. 2.5.66 is the only one that caused boot loop. Version 2.4.66 and the current 1.16 version just froze my computer on install of the driver.

How would you like me to export the eventlog? I saved the custom view and exported the custom view, not sure what your looking for or where I should host it.

Exactly the same Error I got:

The bluescreen happens right after the "Installing Driver" message appears. After that Windows crashes while booting, over and over again. Only restoring a prior version fixed the error for me. Uninstalling 2.4.x and then installing 2.5.x worked.

Sadly I have no log or dump left - seems that restoring deletes the log...cant find one.

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this can help, do you guys need the log xml file? I'm not really familiar with event log, i found minidump file but couldn't find the other files.

Fault bucket AV_corsairvhiddriver!unknown_function, type 0

Event Name: BlueScreen

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 45f2507f-087c-407b-882a-01f3eecb73b9

Problem signature:

P1: a

P2: 60001

P3: 2

P4: 0

P5: fffff801e26b825a

P6: 10_0_14393

P7: 0_0

P8: 256_1

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100316-6531-01.dmp

\\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER-6875-0.sysdata.xml

\\?\C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER67C2.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_a_491edcbe77bb8bc477c641ee33aee88b1b4ca3_00000000_cab_1254a930

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 418ae6ab-0052-43b3-a7df-e4b0567a69a4

Report Status: 0

Hashed bucket:

Damnit, I'm getting the exact same thing but. Same IRQL error because it was halfway through installing the driver and now I'm having to reset as the automatic repair isn't working. Guys y'all need to pull that CUE version off the website ASAP.

Hi all,

Also experiencing the BSOD bootloop.

Do you mean if we install, let's say a clean 2.5.x install, it will work? In that case, removing all CUE2 related files, including registry, wouldn't kill me!

Yes, that did work for me. I tried to "update" to 2.5x from 2.4x 3 times, every time it ended with bluescreens, a boot loop and having to reset windows to an earlier snapshot.

After I uninstalled 2.4x (nothing more, just uninstalled, didn´t go the extra mile with cleaning reg), installing 2.5 worked.

This is a serious bug and I would recommend pulling 2.5 NOW. If you have no snapshot of a previous, working Win 10, reinstalling will be the only option.

• Corsair Employees

Hey guys!

This is the oddest issue. We're going to see what we can do to make sure this doesn't happen anymore. If you can, please provide us with this information:

Please perform the following steps:

1. Recreate the crash.

2. Go to the Event Viewer within Windows (Start > run > eventvwr.msc)

3. Navigate to Windows Logs > Application, and then find the latest event with “Error” in the Level column and “Application Error” in the Source column.

Please copy the text on the General Tab and send it to us so we can look into this issue.

We'll also want a copy of your system information. Here is the best way to obtain it:

To obtain the DXDIAG file:

1. Press the Windows Key (the key with the Windows logo on your keyboard) + R (at the same time).

2. Type "dxdiag", and select "OK".

3. At the bottom right, there will be a "Save All Information" button, select it.

This will create and save a text file named "DxDiag" onto your desktop with all your system configurations.

This is the quickest way to get us what we need to solve the problem for everybody. The System Restore shouldn't delete your error logs, so they should still be there from the first crash.

My guess is you can't open CUE after this issue because the computer thinks CUE is installed. You might want to use CCleaner to remove the Corsair registry files. Also, check to see if there are any files present in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine, because this may also be causing conflicts with your system.

Finally, you will want to run SFC to ensure that this isn't an issue with a Windows file that has become corrupted over time. SFC is just a Windows program that checks your system files. It comes with your installation. Here is a guide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Just to reiterate, we can't seem to replicate everyone's problem on our end, and we've been trying. With all of this information, we can really start work on getting this fixed for you. If you know of other users experiencing this problem, please have them post on this thread, and have them provide the information we have requested.

Archived