Corsair Community

Corsair One - Manufacturer Fix Time

gmanchur

Hi gmanchur,

It depends on where you are located, what shipping method is used by your retailer...etc. Once Corsair gets it, it's quick, but it depends again on where you are, and what the actual problem with the system turns out to be. My RMA swap/exchange came from Hong Kong, and I live in the USA, so that adds a few days to shipping turnaround for me.

Also, since you sent them a system for repair, not replacement/exchange...they may have to duplicate or swap your hard drive(s)/SSD into a new PC if that's more efficient or the old system isn't easily repairable. I don't know specifically what they do in these situations, though I've been through it with other system builders. If the hard drive/SSD failed, they might just replace the system instead of fixing it, but I don't know if that's what they'll do.

For future reference, you should contact Corsair directly to get your repairs or RMA's done, and not go through the retailer. Their customer service is more miss than hit right now, but they say they're working on it, and Corsair forum response here has become reliable Monday through Friday thanks to Dustin and Alan at Corsair.

Hope this helps, though there isn't enough information to provide an estimate.

Did you get the shipping tracking number from your retailer who is sending it back to Corsair for repair? That might help Corsair figure out a turnaround estimate for you.

It's my understanding that typically we don't repair, we just replace. So turnaround should be reasonably quick.

Hrm. What happens to data on the SSD/HDD's? Is it copied over to the replacement system? Drives swapped over? Or is the end user required to make their own backups prior to RMA'ing the system?

Or do you mean just replace the faulty component and ship back the same physical system? (I consider that a repair)

• Administrators
Hrm. What happens to data on the SSD/HDD's? Is it copied over to the replacement system? Drives swapped over? Or is the end user required to make their own backups prior to RMA'ing the system?

Or do you mean just replace the faulty component and ship back the same physical system? (I consider that a repair)

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/warranty

Preparing your system for shipment:

Prior to shipping the system for repair, back up all data and remove all confidential, proprietary and personal information from the unit. Remove any external add-on equipment or removable media such as, flash drives, CDs, etc.

Corsair is not responsible for any of your confidential, proprietary, or personal information; lost or corrupted data; or damaged or lost removable media.

If your system is password protected, please kindly disable the password prior to shipping your device.

As a part of the repair process, all software on the system will be reset to original specifications. CORSAIR is not responsible for loss suffered by you because of any data left on your system that is shipped to CORSAIR for repair, and CORSAIR will not be responsible for restoration or reinstallation of any programs or data.

Thanks for the reference. Unfortunately, in today's Corsair One world that's not realistic. If a system's M.2 drive has data on it, but the mobo fails, and the M.2 drive isn't user-accessible (according to Corsair, and trying would invalidate the warranty), then the user can't back up the data, and the system will ship with it back to Corsair. At which point it would behoove Corsair to swap the M.2 drive (or dupe the install) for the user to the system being sent back to them.

It also opens up personal/professional security and privacy issues if the user can't remove the data but still needs to ship the drive back with the system. :/

Thanks for the reference. Unfortunately, in today's Corsair One world that's not realistic. If a system's M.2 drive has data on it, but the mobo fails, and the M.2 drive isn't user-accessible (according to Corsair, and trying would invalidate the warranty), then the user can't back up the data, and the system will ship with it back to Corsair. At which point it would behoove Corsair to swap the M.2 drive (or dupe the install) for the user to the system being sent back to them.

It also opens up personal/professional security and privacy issues if the user can't remove the data but still needs to ship the drive back with the system. :/

Honestly its probably best to store everything on a external drive, they sell very good ssd's that are external

I am sad to say my corsair system failed after a month too, so I hope they do something to combat this, because I'd expect a system to last 2 years or more without major flaws, let alone one you can't access completely

Archived