Corsair Community

Obsidian 650D

sh1ft

I noticed the case will come with 2 200mm fans. I had a few questions about them.

- Are they traditional depth 200mm fans, or the same as the 600T?

- Can the front 200mm be replaced with 2 120mm like the top 200mm?

I agree, the front 200mm fans should have a bracket to replace it w/ 2x 120mm fans. And also concerning the windowed left side panel, Corsair should release 2 versions of the 650D for, 1)buyers who would want a left side panel w/ the capability of installing either a 120mm/140mm fan to really aid cooling of builds that have multiple gpus, 2) buyers who just want a window on the left panel. As I think the 200mm front fan will not be sufficient enough for multi-gpu rigs!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, there is no industry standard. NZXT and Cooler Master choose 30mm as their depth. Xigmatek and Corsair choose a 20mm depth. The NZXT and CM fans move more air and have better cooling abilities.

Not all of your info is correct.

Also, keep in mind that not all of the 650D specifications quoted at CES were not finalized specs. It's pointless to speculate too much at this time.

is it just me or seeing all these threads speculating about the new 650d getting annoying ?

why cant you just wait until it come's out and then start posting stuff about the fans/hard drive cages.

it's not fair on yellow beard to keep trying to ask questions about something he does not know is it ?

i to want this case but will wait until it is available to buy and seen some reviews before i start asking questions.

Not all of your info is correct.

Also, keep in mind that not all of the 650D specifications quoted at CES were not finalized specs. It's pointless to speculate too much at this time.

How is my info not correct? I'm more than willing to listen if you would like to provide the correct information.

I'm not trying to speculate so much as get some clarification. Considering I have to build systems for customers, details like these would go a long way in my recommendations to them.

If you're so annoyed by them schizo, why post in them? Just ignore these threads and find one you do care about. You don't see me trolling threads that I don't like.

I created this thread in hopes to get clarification on some of the specs of the case. I understand Corsair may not want to release those specs until they have a solid finalized design. At bare minimum I hope they at least read this thread or others like it and note the concerns we as enthusiasts have with their cases.

And to Yellowbeard, I am not trying to come off as attacking you. I appreciate you at least taking the time to acknowledge our questions and concerns. It's not something you see most companies do.

sh1ft, he's not trolling as he's only posted in 2 threads, and the other one was last week.

For future reference to ALL, if you feel someone else is trolling or that threads could be merged (same topic), please notify myself and/or hit the report button.

When we have the finalized information, we'll be more than happy to post it. Most likely, it will come from Redbeard aka Corsair George as he is the product manager.

Also, just to be clear, the above info about the other manufacturer's and their fan spex are not entirely correct. We'll get the correct info for the Corsair cases out ASAP and thanks for all the interest.

True, there is no industry standard. NZXT and Cooler Master choose 30mm as their depth..

How is my info not correct? I'm more than willing to listen if you would like to provide the correct information.

I don't study cases as it is not my job. But, I do know CM uses sizes other than a 30mm depth in some instances. But, debating what other companies do is really not the point. We DO in fact listen to our customers and we are always looking into options to make our products more appealing.

We DO in fact listen to our customers and we are always looking into options to make our products more appealing.

Then I will make a few suggestions regarding my experiences with the 600T/800D. :biggrin:

- Lengthen the 5.25" bay by a few millimeters.

- Move the HDD bays back a few millimeters as well.

This will allow users to install any depth of 200mm fan they so choose.

- Also, make the HDD plastic base easily accessible so it can be removed.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that removed the entire HDD bay assembly. It created a much better flow to the video cards.

- Create a bigger gap between the top of the case and the top of the motherboard tray.

This would also allow users to install any depth of 200mm fan they choose.

I realize that not all of these suggestions are realistic, and some would require a dimensional increase in the size of the case. However they are simply suggestions that I believe would improve the cooling performance and ease of modification of the case.

Yellowbeard, these are my suggestions for the 650D

- at least consider the 200mm front fan to be replaced w/ 2x 120mm or 140mm fans.

- buyers could have the 3 options for the left side window panel

1) The 650D previewed in CES

2) mesh left side panel & brackets w/ the capacity to install at least 2-4 120mm or 140mm fans, like the one Corsair of planning w/ the 600T Special White Edition.

3) Windowed left side panel, also w/ the capacity to install at least 2-4 120mm or 140mm fans.

Just a little bit of info I've stumbled across... several local computer hardware companies I know staff in in the UK are expecting the release date of the 650D to be 15th May 2011... this is not set in stone but just to give you a rough time-frame for it's release.

mp5sd: Can't say I know anything about watercooling, but I wouldn't recommend that solely on the fact that their website doesn't list any of their own products! Found an english site that has that part, and they say the dimensions are 294 x 125 x 60mm. Don't know if that'll fit, but at least the dimensions are out there now.

Newegg posted 11 photos of the new Corsair 650D! Oh Maaaaauuuuun is this thing pretty! Elegantly understated and exceptionally urbane! They are not the Corsair website pics, looks like Newegg indeed has or had a few advance copies sent to them for pics and videos, way cool!!! So maybe they did sell a few to some very lucky enthusiasts!!! Only Curious George, I mean Corsair George knows the real skinny! From the photos in top view it appears the 200mm is either 20 or 25mm, but difficult to tell! Man is this going to be an amazing case for us Silent Enthusiasts, and us Air Nuts! The side window it appears can be easily removed and replaced with a cool mesh panel that I assume in time will be offered as an accessory, I am lovin' everything about this beautiful enclosure. I can only imagine by launch this will easily be the most popular Corsair case to date they must be producing 500,000 just to have enough supply come April! Thank you Corsair!;)

when i saw the pictures on newegg i asked myself if i removed the bottom HDD cage could I add another intake fan on the floor behind the psu? The feet on the case look like it might raise the case enough to make this work. I wonder if it's a good idea or not.

I cant wait to look at this thing. I'll post some pics on tuesday after the UPS man comes :)

when i saw the pictures on newegg i asked myself if i removed the bottom HDD cage could I add another intake fan on the floor behind the psu? The feet on the case look like it might raise the case enough to make this work. I wonder if it's a good idea or not.

I cant wait to look at this thing. I'll post some pics on tuesday after the UPS man comes :)

Hope you can do a review on this case.

:D

PS: my constant search for a p67 board found me an open box asus p9p67 EVO on newegg yesterday. Now all i need is a SSD and the p3-128 is looking like the best option shipping today.

As long as the board isnt DOA my bridges will be sandied pretty soon!

Archived