Corsair Community

CM2X2G6400C5B4 failing Memtest

Croftie

Hi RamGuy,

Since getting this RAM 6 months ago WinRAR has shown extracted archives as corrupt. I put this down to a bug in WinRAR but now large file copies are corrupted.

So I ran Memtest and the results you can see in the attatched image, that was the first run I did, I ran it again in another DIMM and got more errors.

I don't overclock and bios/drivers are up-to-date.

Hope you can help,

Cheers,

Darren

DSC01055.thumb.JPG.70c8fda3d1d9903f919cb2983407546e.JPG

Hi Yellowbeard, tried that, the usb stick isn't detected when Legacy USB Support is disabled though.

Would the fact that the errors are being detected on the same part of the RAM, around the 500-600MB mark, still indicate a controler problem?

Surely if it was the controler the errors would be poping up randomly throughout the whole capacity of the RAM, wheras if a section of the RAM was faulty, the errors would be confined to that section.

That seems logical to me but I could be wrong.

Would the fact that the errors are being detected on the same part of the RAM, around the 500-600MB mark, still indicate a controler problem?

Surely if it was the controler the errors would be poping up randomly throughout the whole capacity of the RAM, wheras if a section of the RAM was faulty, the errors would be confined to that section.

That seems logical to me but I could be wrong.

Anyone can help me here?

weird, the memtest screenshot showed the ram at 870 during the test, sorry for the false alarm i guess :) also strange is the first screenshot shows DDR2 @400 and the last one DDR1 @ 435. just saw it was 2 diff versions of memtest.

• Corsair Employee

That would suggest an issue with the memory controller. We are more than happy to replace the ram for you if you would like as well.

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Hi RAM GUY,

I manually set the voltage to 1.80000v which I beleive is the default and now it's failing on test 6 aswell.

Do you still suggest I RMA the RAM? and if so what part number should I sellect on the RMA form because none of them match exactly, these are the closest ones:

CM2X2048-6400C4DHX

CM2X2048-6400C5

CM2X2048-6400C5DHX

Thanks for your help.

SS104298.thumb.JPG.ef3608aec2725550487d5a60435cbf3d.JPG

Archived