Corsair Community

Asus Maximus III Formula and CMD4GX3M2A1600C8 problems

Mlewis38

This is my first build with a Asus Board, so im not 100% sure of the bios.

My Computer keeps crashing about every 30 Mins, just freezing out of no where. No blue screen, just frozen windows cant even move the mouse. Im pretty sure it has something to do with the ram just not sure, can u give me some ideas on how the RAM needs to be set up and the proper bios settings

Ram: CMD4GX3M2A1600C8

My settings right now are:

AI Overclcker: Manual 1600mhz

Blk Freq: 133

PCIE: 100

DRAM Freq: 1600

Timing 8-8-8-24

but CUPZ Begs to differ a little bit. HElp im sick of crashing!

In CPUZ its showing Dram Freq 802.5Mhz

FSB Dram: 2:12

8-8-8-24-88 1T

Ive tryed it every time i set it to XMP thats when i get the crash, and when i turn the computer on the settings go to 9-9-9-28 for some reason, and 1.65.

So i changed from XMP to manual and put everything in maunal and changed voltage to Auto its at like 1.80 so far its been good, but i have over volting the ram! but when i put it on 1.65 thats when i crash

I just updated to the latest BIOS today. So we shall see what happens. 1.65v is acually to much for the Ram? I set it to 1.65 and got a crash, so i put it on auto and my voltage monitor shows 0.89 DRAM VTDR, and 1.80V DRAM bus. But ive gotten less crashes with auto voltage for the RAM. Can anyone suggest a good voltage monitor.

I ran Ram test last night, my MOBO has Memperfect in the bios, i ran it for 45 mins last nigt, it finished then just restarted the pc, idk how to check the results. Then i went into the bios all my settings were all wierd like 8-9-8-24 at 1300MHZ :sigh!:. So i went in and changed them. Im completely lost lol

WELL! WELL WELL i finally found the issue, has to be a bad RAM because i do all the proper settings and set ram at 1.65V and i crash within 20 mins. But if put the Voltage to Auto it defaults the ram to 1.79V and it runs for hours.. so what do i do RMA it or keep it over vaulted??

WELL! WELL WELL i finally found the issue, has to be a bad RAM because i do all the proper settings and set ram at 1.65V and i crash within 20 mins. But if put the Voltage to Auto it defaults the ram to 1.79V and it runs for hours.. so what do i do RMA it or keep it over vaulted??

This is the exact same problem I'm having with a Rampage II Gene and TR3X6G1600C8D memory. I will not run stable at 1600 unless you feed it 1.8v

• Corsair Employee
And actually I suspect it is not the memory that is the problem but to take that out of the possibilities I gave instructions to replace them. But I suspect it is just the CPU you have does not want to over clock to DDR1600.

well i am doing a RAM thru new egg, in the mean time wat elce can i try. i mean its a 1156 bord i7 860 that doesnt want to run the ram.. hmm.. i went on the vip asus site and lots of people are having issues with the new CMD dominators that were supposed to be "engineered for the p55 board", 3 out of 4 people i know having the same problem, i mean i love corsair but idk, this time may be a fluke im just crossing my fingers they were bad

• 3 weeks later...

Well how do i test it thoes? Try Different type or RAM? I dont have another MOBO or CPU to try.

Oh and the wierd thing is. My friend has a set of TR3X6G1600C8D, he gave me 2 sticks out of his 3 gig stick. They ran Flawless for about a week. I poped in the new ram and used the same exact settings, and im getting a BSOD and Freez. Do u think its the OS Mabey? BSOD said page fault in non paged area. Im using Win 7, the first Beta. I just got the Full Win 7 ill try that tonight.

• 3 months later...

Hi!

I know this is a old topic but I want to say my opinion too.

I have same mobo and memory kits than Mlewis38 and I have same kind of problems too; occasional bsods and freezing in both Winodws and Linux.

Memtest gives errors when you run it few ours and that's not good right? Sometimes I run it few minutes and have hundreds of errors and sometime for hours and get nothing.

And these Dominators aren't in Asus qualified vendors list .

So I think this is a compatibility problem.

Archived