Corsair Community

Newer version of K70 RGB?

R1031

Since you can't talk to anyone at Newegg and can only chat here is what I found out.

CHAT:

System System: Connecting...

System System: Your reference number for this chat session is 74###

System System: Waiting for a Customer Representative...

null System: You are number (4) in queue. Estimated wait time is 0 hours 11 minutes 1 seconds

null System: You are number (3) in queue. Estimated wait time is 0 hours 9 minutes 3 seconds

null System: You are number (2) in queue. Estimated wait time is 0 hours 5 minutes 1 seconds

null System: You are next in queue... Estimated wait time is 0 hours 2 minutes 18 seconds

System System: Rebecca Z. has joined this session!

null System: Connected with Rebecca Z.

System System: Welcome Rick! My name is Rebecca Z.

System System: How may I assist you today?

Customer Rick: I ordered this Corsair K70 RBG keyboard, it has not arrived to my address yet. I checked newegg site and not it says "there is a newer version of this item" ???? I have not received my order and its outdated and the keyboard is a new release?

Agent Rebecca Z.: Thank you for providing me with that information. I truly apologize for any inconvenience you have endured. I assure you I will do my best to resolve this issue. May I please place you on hold while I look into this for you?

Customer Rick: yes

Agent Rebecca Z.: Thank you for holding, Ricky. Please kindly note that PayPal orders can only be shipped to Confirmed Shipping Address on your PayPal account. The billing, shipping addresses must match exactly with the one on your PayPal account.

Agent Rebecca Z.: Can you please verify your paypal confirmed address?

Customer Rick: REMOVED

Agent Rebecca Z.: Thank you for that information. I show the address matches.

Agent Rebecca Z.: Per FedEx website, this package will be delivered on 9/23.

Agent Rebecca Z.: Could you please check the following website for most updated information?

Agent Rebecca Z.: https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/REMOVED

Customer Rick: Yes, but my question is which product am I getting? the outdated one of the new one?

Agent Rebecca Z.: Per item page, you purchased the old version.

Customer Rick: and the new one listed before my order was shipped, I would like to return it and cancel the order.

Agent Rebecca Z.: I truly apologize; we are unable to cancel this order as it is in transit. I recommend you refuse upon delivery and contact us back once you have refused. Once we have received the package, a refund RMA will be issued automatically. The refund will be issued back to your original form of payment within 3-5 business days after RMA processed.

Agent Rebecca Z.: If you are unable to refuse it, please keep the package unopened and contact us back for refund.

Customer Rick: ok

----------------------

My real issue is why would a new version be out and NE not sending the "Newer" KB when the order was placed. If there is a problem with the KB listed I don't want a defective KB.

From the sticky thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=132049

Hello all,

To address questions and concerns about the various models of RGB keyboards: as with our previous keyboards, we will be releasing various versions of our RGB keyboards with variations in finish. Since, as a rule, we don’t comment on unannounced products, we can’t reveal all of the different color schemes at this time.

Underneath the skin, they will all be exactly the same, electrically and mechanically. There are no planned changes, electrically or mechanically, to the RGB keyboards that are currently for sale.

The Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) software is still in beta, and we really appreciate all the feedback you've given us so far. An official release is scheduled for later this month. All of our keyboards are field-upgrade-able for new firmware. We may issue new firmware updates to improve performance or to make other minor changes as they come up.

We thank you all for your patience and the passion you have for our products.

[...]

To add some more, today they are supposed to announce something. Which should shed some light on this. Newegg already lists all the new keyboard with blue/brown buttons and K95 too (listed for 25 September). Which is probably what they're going to announce today.

I may not have to return it if its only a finish as long as its black. :) Thanks!

Looking at the pictures on NE web site the name "Corsair" in raised letters is replaced with the sticker "Corsair Gaming". Different item numbers Org. " Item#: N82E16823816022" New "Item#: N82E16823816034"

• Corsair Employee

Hi guys, as an official word, there are no differences except the branding on the keyboard. The reason why we couldn't reveal the changes earlier (with the Amazon fiasco) was because the branding announcement being today.

Now that the it has gone live, I can tell you all that the only difference all RGB keyboards from this point on will no longer use the Vengeance branding, but Corsair Gaming instead.

Hi guys, as an official word, there are no differences except the branding on the keyboard. The reason why we couldn't reveal the changes earlier (with the Amazon fiasco) was because the branding announcement being today.

Now that the it has gone live, I can tell you all that the only difference all RGB keyboards from this point on will no longer use the Vengeance branding, but Corsair Gaming instead.

I registered just to say this: Why, oh why, did you have to change a cool and stylish logo to a crappy sticker based logo that looks cheap?! Especially since "the only difference is the branding". You changed JUST the branding, JUST to make it uglier? I am sad... I just wanted the slick silver K70 keyboard I had, but accidentally and woefully ruined, and I had hoped to be able to get that with the RGB model. Too bad that doesn't seem to be happening :'(

P.S. The Corsair logo is a well established trademark that currently features many items on my desktop/pc. Having that logo on multiple items brings it all together a bit. WHY on earth would you have two logoes in your company?

Sorry for the rant. I know it's a marketing decision I just happen to not agree with.

- Slapstick

I registered just to say this: Why, oh why, did you have to change a cool and stylish logo to a crappy sticker based logo that looks cheap?! Especially since "the only difference is the branding". You changed JUST the branding, JUST to make it uglier? I am sad... I just wanted the slick silver K70 keyboard I had, but accidentally and woefully ruined, and I had hoped to be able to get that with the RGB model. Too bad that doesn't seem to be happening :'(

P.S. The Corsair logo is a well established trademark that currently features many items on my desktop/pc. Having that logo on multiple items brings it all together a bit. WHY on earth would you have two logoes in your company?

Sorry for the rant. I know it's a marketing decision I just happen to not agree with.

- Slapstick

I've gotta agree with you there, the new logo put like that on the keyboards looks really ugly and out of place :(

- Slapstick

I also registered just for this. I agree completely, the new logo is an awful blemish on what is otherwise the best looking keyboard on the market. It looks cheap, poorly integrated and it really stands out. It's almost like they threw it together in the week since the MX Red version came out.

I've been looking for a replacement for my aging, temperamental gaming rubber dome since the Spring. I searched all over, and no keyboard checked as many boxes as the K70 (media keys, no macro keys, clean design, blue backlight). Since the blue backlit one was discontinued, I decided to wait for the RGB. Now this happens. I really want to buy a keyboard from Corsair, but it sure seems like they don't want me to. If this new logo stays around I'll have to look elsewhere for my next keyboard.

Also agree with everyone here. i have no idea why they changed the logo. i am glad i bought my RGB K70 immediately when it came out since i have mostly corsair gear and it all matches :D: . i think you can still buy the original RGB verison on newegg still, might want to look into it before they are gone for good!

I too have registered due to my disapproval with the logo change. I have literally been waiting for this keyboard and mouse combo since its first announcement about a year ago, forgave its delays because I knew it would be perfect, and then the news today was a huge disappointment. My first thought was (as many have stated) "why does this mouse have a tramp stamp?". Then I thought maybe it was a Nerf Rebel edition to get preteen girls into pc gaming. Nope.

I use a plasma purple and aqua color scheme for my PC so peripherals that match that are non existent if they aren't RGB. I fear using a purple on this mouse would look so feminine that I would be embarrassed to own it. Even my girlfriend said it looked like a butterfly with a heart in the middle. She also threw the word 'cute' in there to add insult to injury. Like a bad tramp stamp, we then talked about ways to cover it up.

The original logo was amazing. It was sleek, simple and very professional. I am proud to have it on my H100i dead center in my chassis. It is the first thing you notice and I'm fine with that. The small corsair logo on my oversized extended mouse mat? Love it. I'm not sure why they felt they had to make it look like a cheap knockoff gaming mouse covered in tribal tattoos to make it look edgy.

I'm so sad that instead of immediately clicking preorder this morning, I clicked Google to look into other brand options. I really want to find whoevers idea this was and rub their nose in the new logo and say "No! Bad!"

Was just about to purchase a K70 RGB on amazon and changed my mind when I saw the new logo and especially the new "gaming" moniker. Some of us are professionals (that might play the occasional game) that just want high end components to work & play with. If I see "gaming" with that loud logo staring at me every time I sit at my computer I am going to feel like some 14 year old that just plays computer games all day. Also it looks unprofessional in my office.

Always liked Corsair because their products, design, and logo always seemed more professional enthusiast than teenage gamer. Obviously anyone buying a keyboard with mx BLUE keys is more interested in quality typing for work and probably has gaming as a second or third priority. Corsair already has one of the most recognizable classy logos around, why change it for another generic loud GAMER style logo.

Does Corsair really want to alienate all their customers that don't consider themselves hardcore gamers?

I will not be buying this keyboard or any other future Corsair product with "Corsair GAMING" branding with silly logos. At least give us the option to buy the keyboard with the non loud classy Corsair logo and name.

Owner of Corsair 500r tower, Corsair H 95 Cooler, Corsair 8GB Vengeance Ram, Corsair HX 750 PSU, Corsair 240 GB Neutron GTX SSD

If the new logo is a stick on label is it possible to remove it?

I sincerely hope so.

One of the reasons I wanted and have been hanging on so long for the RGB was due to the sleek and adult look of it. I've generally liked the look of most corsair products preceisely because they didn't look like they'd been designed by an excited 14 year old. I'm now going to have to think seriously about whether to bother getting the RGB at all, which saddens me a fair bit. I can only hope there is some way to adequately remove or cover that logo, though it looks like it might be inset :sigh!:

I think this says it all about what this whole 'corsair gaming' brand: [ame]

[/ame]

It's so spectacularly cringeworthy, I think I pulled something.

That commercial looked like something from Mystery Science Theater 3000. Yes, Corsair - please ditch the new logo. After reading what I think is every forum here regarding the logo, the absolute best anyone has had to say about it is that it's not bad enough to cause them not to buy the product (and even that degree of praise is very rare). 0 likes.

I will still buy the K95 RGB with blues that comes out tomorrow evidently, but I plan to remove the sticker, or at least to put something over it. It looks awful and is a blemish on what is otherwise arguably the coolest set of keyboards in the world. Did you guys not run any opinion polls or something?

I feel kinda bad for you guys given the degree everyone has been blasting you for the branding change. But there is a reason for all that feedback. You have a lot of loyal customers here who love your products. Please listen to them.

Archived