Corsair Community

By design or did I get a bad one?

Alcasczar

So I bought this H115I (not the pro) back in November of 2017, it works great and everything no issues ever and it cools great.

I may be OCD about wire management but I am just wondering why the plug for the USB is at the bottom of the pump instead of on the side? is this just a small oversight?

Being at the bottom is kind of a slight eye sore since the cable has to run around the block and out the back of my case. Did I get a bad one or is this intended?

Did they accidentally move the USB port on your cooler? Of course not. This comes up every now and then, but the answer is always going to be the same. Nobody likes the plug, but it has to go somewhere. I am not sure there is a universal case position anymore and design plans regarding going up and over the motherboard with it or straight down behind the GPU are both case and motherboard dependent. As long as there has to be a cord, someone is going to be unhappy.

Nobody likes the plug, but it has to go somewhere. I am not sure there is a universal case position anymore and design plans regarding going up and over the motherboard with it or straight down behind the GPU are both case and motherboard dependent. As long as there has to be a cord, someone is going to be unhappy.

I am looking to upgrade to the HII15I PRO RGB of this cooler and am wondering if its in the same location. I would much rather the cable run up and out the back and in than down behind the graphics card with the least visibility possible. I am still happy with this product, just a minor eye sore because looks matter ;)

Archived