Corsair Community

AM4 cooler accessory

Hammer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While we're at it, how about the upcoming Intel LGA-2066 and the entire lineup of Corsair AIOs? I plan to upgrade to an AM4 or LGA-2066 CPU later on this year and it would be nice to know whether or not I'll need to get rid of my H115i and buy a new cooler. Lots of other companies have officially announced that they are providing the AM4 brackets free of charge to existing customers.

• 2 weeks later...
I picked up the H100i V2 in anticipation of a new build using the AMD Ryzen (AM4 socket). There is very little (no?) information as to HOW to order the new adapter bracket from Corsair. I would hope this info is available before the CPU comes out... I'd like to 'get in line' for the adapter.

I just got off the phone with a guy at Corsair (information on whether Corsair was going to follow in the footsteps of Phanteks and Noctua is slim, so I resolved to call and ask directly and get more information, much like others here), and I was left a little bewildered at what he said. Basically, he gave me some static that, since the AM4 hadn't yet released, they didn't know if or when a kit would be released, because they didn't know anything about the socket (dimensions and so forth). I thought this was incredibly bizarre considering the article linked above.

In the end, I got nothing from the support people over there.

I'm getting annoyed with lack of official comment. I find it laughable that they claim they don't know about the new AM4 socket. I mean its only the most important platform from AMD in a decade! Making a new bracket ain't hard especially when AM4 has been known about for a long time. So they gonna make me believe they are waiting till AM4 mobos are released, go out an buy one and measure it up? /s What a joke. Just tell us if you are or are not going to make a bracket so I can decide if should wait or buy from someone who does want to do good customer support.

I referenced that link in my original post, as it was tossed out earlier in the thread. It still doesn't answer whether they're going to offer upgrades to people who have already purchased AIO coolers that apparently don't fit the AM4 socket, though I suppose we should just expect that at this point, it won't happen. That's why I was calling to find out.

I've seen one item, a bracket on Corsair's website itself that for some reason I can't seem to find at the moment, that looks like it might be the upgrade kit mentioned in the link, but I didn't want to just blindly purchase something and was seeking clarification for that as well.

My current plan is to upgrade when Ryzen hits, and I'd really appreciate not having to pick up a placeholder in the meantime.

I referenced that link in my original post, as it was tossed out earlier in the thread. It still doesn't answer whether they're going to offer upgrades to people who have already purchased AIO coolers that apparently don't fit the AM4 socket, though I suppose we should just expect that at this point, it won't happen. That's why I was calling to find out.

I've seen one item, a bracket on Corsair's website itself that for some reason I can't seem to find at the moment, that looks like it might be the upgrade kit mentioned in the link, but I didn't want to just blindly purchase something and was seeking clarification for that as well.

My current plan is to upgrade when Ryzen hits, and I'd really appreciate not having to pick up a placeholder in the meantime.

I just pre-ordered a Ryzen 1800x that is bundled with an H100i V2 so it better come with an adapter or give instructions on how to acquire one otherwise it's a pointless bundle!

I just pre-ordered a Ryzen 1800x that is bundled with an H100i V2 so it better come with an adapter or give instructions on how to acquire one otherwise it's a pointless bundle!

There is also a combo with the CPU and a motherboard.

Supposedly all the 1700X/1800X sku's we could order on Amazon don't come with a stock cooler.

I also bought a H100i v2 on Amazon in anticipation. I've also contacted Corsair and got the same response. Only the biggest hype in the industry and they cant tell us if we're getting support or not? What a joke ! They should be sending AM4 mounting kits out for free!! Im sending mine back to Amazon.

I also bought a H100i v2 on Amazon in anticipation. I've also contacted Corsair and got the same response. Only the biggest hype in the industry and they cant tell us if we're getting support or not? What a joke ! They should be sending AM4 mounting kits out for free!! Im sending mine back to Amazon.

I also pre-ordered the bundle from Amazon that listed the H100i v2 cooler, which does not currently appear to be compatible with the AM4 socket. If you check Amazon now they changed the bundle to include a H110i cooler which is compatible with the AM4 socket. I ended up canceling my Amazon bundle order with the v2 cooler and pre-ordered just the CPU to avoid any issues. I also ordered the H100i cooler from Corsair's shop because it was cheaper than Amazon and lists it as AM4 compatible. For anyone that still has their old bundle with the v2 cooler, good luck!

H100i v2

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h100i-v2-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

H110i

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h110i-280mm-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

H100i

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h100i-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

I just got off the phone with a guy at Corsair (information on whether Corsair was going to follow in the footsteps of Phanteks and Noctua is slim, so I resolved to call and ask directly and get more information, much like others here), and I was left a little bewildered at what he said. Basically, he gave me some static that, since the AM4 hadn't yet released, they didn't know if or when a kit would be released, because they didn't know anything about the socket (dimensions and so forth). I thought this was incredibly bizarre considering the article linked above.

In the end, I got nothing from the support people over there.

More like the standard corporate line to me.

I think Corsair already have specs, but they are waiting to see how the motherboard manufacturers follow those same specs.

This is slightly annoying as I haven't Pre ordered my 1700x yet due to the fact I'm not sure whether I can cool it........, can't afford to buy a stand in cooler just in case, come on corsair if you don't know by now you need to get a move on, a yes or no answer would suffice so we can get on with our new builds.

Archived