Corsair Community

AM4 cooler accessory

Hammer

I'll be sad if there is no support for my H100i V2 (GTX).

As it is, I've had to order a Hyper TX3 Evo for good measure, because I know that it will use the classic AMD clip-solution.

Still rooting for that bracket for the H100i V2, but... I mean, I've technically already supported a competitor to Corsair with my TX3 purchase. Impractical strategy there, Corsair.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Overclockers.co.uk have stated their rep have told them mid march for brackets and they will be free to existing owners, bit late to the party but at least they are coming, not worth me pre ordering Ryzen now though hope they don't sell out when it comes to order time.....

Good intel - do you have a link for that?

Thanks, mate. Now we wait...

Someone on facebook via a Gigabyte post said March 1st for the corsair am4 bracket adapters. Hope that is true and we are not waiting until mid march. At that point I'll look for other options other than corsair. It would suck because I have a lot of corsair parts in my rig.

Incredible that there is no AM4 adapter already in stock and ready for ordering. It's just a $0.50 piece of stamped metal for the AIO kits. The dimensions of the legs just have to be lengthened a few more millimeters. The AIO kits just use the existing AMD backplate and I haven't seen any information that the standoff screws need to be changed. The other cooler manufacturers are already on top of the new socket. The AM4 specs have been published and known for over a year. The motherboards have been shown at the product events and I know that the engineering samples and likely the production samples of motherboards have been released for testing to the usual vendors. What gives Corsair? Do you really have not a clue?

Pre-ordered the Ryzen 1800x, currently using a H100i v2.

Can't find anything from anyone, phoned up Corsair support they said they didn't know anything about it. Saying that it's only just been released, yeah well other manufacturers have made Motherboards ready for it! Why can't you make a small bit of metal?

Looks like i'm going to have to run with the stock cooler without any overlocking till they get their act together :/

Pre-ordered the Ryzen 1800x, currently using a H100i v2.

Can't find anything from anyone, phoned up Corsair support they said they didn't know anything about it. Saying that it's only just been released, yeah well other manufacturers have made Motherboards ready for it! Why can't you make a small bit of metal?

Looks like i'm going to have to run with the stock cooler without any overlocking till they get their act together :/

Just as a heads up. At this point not of the "X" skus I have seen current come with a cooler. Your best bet is a noctua for day one compatibility. Look for the SE-AM4 coolers.

There is another issue here. Apparently at this point Corsair link does not support Kaby Lake temperatures. So probably not Ryzen either.

Just as a heads up. At this point not of the "X" skus I have seen current come with a cooler. Your best bet is a noctua for day one compatibility. Look for the SE-AM4 coolers.

There is another issue here. Apparently at this point Corsair link does not support Kaby Lake temperatures. So probably not Ryzen either.

ARG! * hits head on desk*

Thanks for letting me know, did a google as well and seems you are right. Have to order one of those coolers :/

Apparently at this point Corsair link does not support Kaby Lake temperatures. So probably not Ryzen either.

There is no probably about it as the cpuidsdk.dll that comes with CL 4.5.0.55 is way too old, but it would be trivial for Corsair to fix Kaby Lake and I suspect also Ryzen. I proved this for Kaby Lale, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=891269

ARG! * hits head on desk*

Thanks for letting me know, did a google as well and seems you are right. Have to order one of those coolers :/

Maybe not. Depends on your motherboard. At this moment the ASUS Crosshair Hero VI is confirmed to have AM3 mounting holes. You will need a AM3 backplate though.

There is no probably about it as the cpuidsdk.dll that comes with CL 4.5.0.55 is way too old, but it would be trivial for Corsair to fix Kaby Lake and I suspect also Ryzen. I proved this for Kaby Lale, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=891269

So are you saying in the link above that the same DLL exists for HWM? It would because it's made by cpuid. I'm reading this on my phone and these forums are apparently not mobile friendly.

Maybe not. Depends on your motherboard. At this moment the ASUS Crosshair Hero VI is confirmed to have AM3 mounting holes. You will need a AM3 backplate though.

I've gone with the Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7, which i don't believe has the AM3 and AM4 mounting holes.

So are you saying in the link above that the same DLL exists for HWM? It would because it's made by cpuid. I'm reading this on my phone and these forums are apparently not mobile friendly.

HWM + CPUZ do not use a cpuidsdk.dll and instead have the code that would be in the DLL built into the programs.

Had an H105 for 2-3 years now and this lack of information from corsair has lead me to contact Asus regarding the Prime X370-PRO asking if it has the AM3 mounting holes (the Crosshair VI definitely DOES have them).

I've pre ordered this board and the 1800X so if I DO NOT hear from Corsair and receive a mounting solution on the day the parts arrive I will NOT be buying corsair in future.

Been a loyal customer for RAM, PSU and coolers since 2003 and find this complete lack of information DISGUSTING, over a week since I lodged a support query with Corsair support and if I cannot use my current cooler then I WILL be buying a custom solution and NEVER consider Corsair products in future!!!!!!!!:mad::confused::(:

Arrrgh!! I could just have easily pre-ordered the Hero board instead of the X370 Prime Pro. I figured I would have to wait on either board for Corsair to get around to providing the new AM4 metal clip for my H100iV2. Now find out the Hero is day one compatible with the existing AM3+ fixtures I already have.:eek:

I don't think the X370 Prime Pro has the extra AM3+ holes. I took a look at some of the motherboard images on the ASUS site. I didn't see any evidence of the half hidden AM3+ holes peeking out from under the socket cooler mounts. You can definitely see them in the Hero board images. Also some websites show the Hero board with the socket cooler mounts removed and it is evident that there are two sets of hole spacings for AM3+ and AM4 coolers. There is only 5mm worth of movement laterally and vertically in hole spacing.

Arrrgh!! I could just have easily pre-ordered the Hero board instead of the X370 Prime Pro. I figured I would have to wait on either board for Corsair to get around to providing the new AM4 metal clip for my H100iV2. Now find out the Hero is day one compatible with the existing AM3+ fixtures I already have.:eek:

Same, i would of Pre-ordered the Asus ROG one if i knew Corsair were going to be so useless about a bracket!

Archived