Corsair Community

RMA Postage Refunds

I've received my replacement H100 after the original pump unit burned out...many thanks for a hassle-free RMA experience. However, I would like to enquire about a refund for postage costs. I have seen that your policy is that postage is at the sender's expense, but given there was a fault with my original product I would like to discuss this. The reason I ask is that I have also had to RMA my M60 mouse for replacement, which bricked itself. The cost of sending back 2 Corsair products from the UK to the Netherlands in one month adds up.

I can understand that the sender should pay initially for postage until the nature of the fault has been determined but given that they have both died through no fault of my own I don't see why I should shoulder the postage cost.

If the forums are not the correct place to raise this, I'd appreciate the relevant email address. I'm not out to cause hassle, but I do feel that Corsair should refund the postage costs as I have effectively had to pay more than the RRP for these products due to failure relatively early in the components' lives.

not meaning to add insult to injury, once your RMA was approved you had an opportunity to call customer service (with SKYPE if needed) and plead your case and ask for a prepaid label. once your product was shipped at your expense it may be difficult if not impossible to recover the funds.

it is normal for manufacturers to require you to pay for shipping for an RMA, Corsair is not alone following this policy.

what was the return/exchange policy of your retailer you bought them from? maybe that avenue can be pursued should this ever happen again?

again im not trying to aggravate you, im merely trying to point out to you (and other readers) if shipping costs are a serious percentage of what the product cost, please explore the options above before shelling out serious jingle for shipping.

give them a call tomorrow, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

No insult at all, thanks for the response. I've never had to RMA products before, so it's new to me.

I hear what you're saying, however I didn't realise that was an option (perhaps naive of me). My main issue is that I've had two Corsair issues fail in close succession. I'll give CC a call and see what they say.

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but yes indeed please work this our with our customer service they will do their best to help you. But as mentioned shipping concerns should be dealt with prior to shipping an item as we would not be able to issue a refund for an item or service that was not purchased directly from us.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I know this is a very old thread, but corsair RMA is by far the best I have ever dealt with. I've had a H100i Rma fail on me, and I needed a new one... As well as several SP120 PWM fans. They sent me prepaid labels for all, except the initial (first) RMA. Luckily I live 2 hours away from the hayward facility, so it was about $12 total for all items to ship back. Because corsair treats there customers so well, I will continue to keep my business here.

Archived