Corsair Community

Alternative way to FW update F80 (SATA2)?

SpRoX

Mjellow

I have two F80s stuck on FW 2.0 and I can't seem to find a system that is able to update the FW. I have tried systems with Intel 900-, 3-, 4-, 5- and 6-series chipset, but every time I get the "Firmware for this drive not found in package" message...

Is there any alternative ways of updating the firmware? I'm pretty tiered of not being able to use sleep/hibernate...! :-(

/SpRoX out

Yes, I'm running it as admin + UAC is disabled.

All of the boards I've been using is Intel-only. Can't remember if I tried a SATA3-port on the 6-series -would it be worth a try?

Is the update only running on Intel ports? I was thinking about giving my Asus P5N7A-VM (nVidia 730i) a go, but if it is pointless I won't bother...

Yes I downloaded it very time I tried...

At home I've got:

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, i5-2500K, 4x 4GB

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4, Q9650, 4x 2GB Corsair

Zotac G41-ITX, E8500, 2x 2GB

Asus X71Vn (Intel PM45 + ICH9M)

Is there any reason why none of this hardware should not work? Is there a preferred chipset eg. Intel 3-series or whatever?

There isn't a really a preferred chipset, As long as it is using the Intel/AMD SATA ports it should work. Your drives may have something different that is causing the updater to not find the updater for the drive.

If you want the two drives updated to 2.4, Again. You can request an RMA and ask them to update it for you.

Archived