The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2016, 07:20 AM
Leprecaun72's PC Specs

POST ID # = 833860
Leprecaun72 Reputation: 10

Bought mouse Wednesday - worked fine - keys mapped not an iusse.
Friday night mouse side buttons not working.
Mouse still works, all colours still working just no side buttons.
Uninstalled, reinstalled tried most of the advice from forums.
Very frustrating.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2016-01-29T20-08-16.log.txt (3.6 KB, 179 views)

Old 01-30-2016, 05:04 PM
karmamuscle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 834109
karmamuscle Reputation: 10

In the same boat. Bought it yesterday, worked fine until a windows 10 update today (01-30-2016).
After that update none of the side buttons work.
Only got the default profile.

Tried closing CUE, shutdown the computer, switched to another USB port and started it up again.
Log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2016-01-30T21-55-59.log.txt (1.4 KB, 149 views)

Old 01-31-2016, 01:49 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 834241
terabyte Reputation: 73

If the buttons stopped working after the Win 10 update run again the CUE installer and choose the repair option from it. Does it work after that?

Win 10 updates sometimes remove some files, I wish MS would fix this soon.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:08 PM
karmamuscle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 834411
karmamuscle Reputation: 10

@Terabyte Thank you for the reply. Repair didn't work, but it got me on the right track.
Basically I have to reinstall CUE every time I reboot or start the computer. Then the side buttons work fine.
Reason I didn't see this effect when I reinstalled previously, is that my usual practice is to reboot after I install any software, which in this case is futile.
I messaged Henry for access to the beta version of CUE, cause I really would like to avoid the constant reinstall and reconfigure routine. :D

Old 02-01-2016, 02:25 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 834414

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmamuscle View Post
@Terabyte Thank you for the reply. Repair didn't work, but it got me on the right track.
Basically I have to reinstall CUE every time I reboot or start the computer. Then the side buttons work fine.
Reason I didn't see this effect when I reinstalled previously, is that my usual practice is to reboot after I install any software, which in this case is futile.
I messaged Henry for access to the beta version of CUE, cause I really would like to avoid the constant reinstall and reconfigure routine. :D
I don't think the new beta version will help with this issue of not working after a restart.

If it doesn't indeed work try uninstalling CUE and remove manually from the registry ANY leftover trace related to CUE. Then open the mange devices windows, set it to show any hidden/disconnected devices and delete any keyboards/mices that show an opaque icon.

Restart, install CUE and restart again without doing anything else. This process has helped a few peoples (but not all) with issues similar to yours.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:49 AM

POST ID # = 836743
CaptainAweesome Reputation: 10
Default Solved macro problem for my Sabre RGB

I just added a 50 ms (0.0050s)delay between press and release. It worked for me on all macros assign to all buttons.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:32 AM
CBang's PC Specs

POST ID # = 837003
CBang Reputation: 10

I had the same problem with my side buttons not working after a windows update. (windows 10). So i tried to repair as this thread suggested. I must say your CUE
is a disgustingly unsafe piece of software, as it seems to be doing stuff in the kernel it shouldn't be doing?

Here's the trouble: When repairing, in the final stages it kills Windows Audio and Windows Audio End Point Builder. And I mean KILL. I cannot restart them nor trigger them to start on their own by restarting/turning off the computer. So the repair got the side buttons working, but killed ALL audio.

I ended up having to do a system roll back, and my audio came back but now the side buttons wasn't working again. I repaired the CUE once more, this time with the CUE being open, and that did nothing, didn't kill the audio, didn't fix the side buttons. Just to be sure it was the CUE repair that killed my audio, I ran the repair again with CUE properly closed, and surely, at the second last step of the repair sequence, all windows audio was killed. So now I have a to do a roll back again, only to get a mouse that doesn't give the functionality I bought it for.....

This SHOULD NOT happen.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:51 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 837013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBang View Post
I had the same problem with my side buttons not working after a windows update. (windows 10). So i tried to repair as this thread suggested. I must say your CUE
is a disgustingly unsafe piece of software, as it seems to be doing stuff in the kernel it shouldn't be doing?

Here's the trouble: When repairing, in the final stages it kills Windows Audio and Windows Audio End Point Builder. And I mean KILL. I cannot restart them nor trigger them to start on their own by restarting/turning off the computer. So the repair got the side buttons working, but killed ALL audio.

I ended up having to do a system roll back, and my audio came back but now the side buttons wasn't working again. I repaired the CUE once more, this time with the CUE being open, and that did nothing, didn't kill the audio, didn't fix the side buttons. Just to be sure it was the CUE repair that killed my audio, I ran the repair again with CUE properly closed, and surely, at the second last step of the repair sequence, all windows audio was killed. So now I have a to do a roll back again, only to get a mouse that doesn't give the functionality I bought it for.....

This SHOULD NOT happen.
It does KILL the audio for me too when I update/repair CUE since it installs the audio drivers for the headset, however, once it is done installing I can simply re-open my player and the audio works just fine.

Have you tried restarting the computer after running the repair option?

Old 02-14-2016, 07:59 AM
CBang's PC Specs

POST ID # = 837018

Quote:
Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
It does KILL the audio for me too when I update/repair CUE since it installs the audio drivers for the headset, however, once it is done installing I can simply re-open my player and the audio works just fine.

Have you tried restarting the computer after running the repair option?
Awesome with a quick reply. I did, thinking it would fix the audio, but it didn't. Having tried both a restart and a shut off/on, I rolled back to a point the windows system had saved when the CUE did changes.

I just now tried uninstalling the CUE, it took longer than usual, and after the uninstall the audio was dead again. Once again, I rolled back, but when the system rebooted I got this error message:
'HID

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.'

So now it seems I have a faulty piece of software that I can neither repair nor uninstall....

Old 02-14-2016, 08:00 AM
CBang's PC Specs

POST ID # = 837019

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBang View Post
Awesome with a quick reply. I did, thinking it would fix the audio, but it didn't. Having tried both a restart and a shut off/on, I rolled back to a point the windows system had saved when the CUE did changes.

I just now tried uninstalling the CUE, it took longer than usual, and after the uninstall the audio was dead again. Once again, I rolled back, but when the system rebooted I got this error message:
'HID

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.'

So now it seems I have a faulty piece of software that I can neither repair nor uninstall....
To add to that, I when I start the CUE that error message pops up.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:32 AM
CBang's PC Specs

POST ID # = 837033

Ye, it seems that sometimes I do a succesfull repair/install WITHOUT my audio being killed, but then the side buttons won't work. (Everything else, lighting and such, works). If a repair/install works so that the side buttons work aswell, then my audio is killed for good.

This is unacceptable. Windows updates messing up drivers and such is something that can be excused untill the next driver update, but when it's the other way around and your software is dangerous to the system, then you should change how your software interacts with the system environment, or you shouldn't be in the business of making peripherals, I mean, shouldn't a basic quality of the software be to NOT **** up the OS?

If I ramble a bit, it is because I'm quite angry/disappointed with my purchase. Guess I'm swithcing back to my Razer Naga untill the software has some new versions released... Hope my feedback is taken seriously and the problems are fixed, so I can use this mouse I quite like for its ergonomics.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:33 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
terabyte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 837046

It looks like indeed something got messed up with your installation, and clearly the restore point is not working as it should. I would uninstall again CUE (if you haven't already) and then open the registry and manually delete all entries related to CUE. Once this is done restart your computer and try a fresh install of CUE (keeping ANY programs like media players and such) closed so it won't error out on the audio drivers.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:37 PM
ImpulsePie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 838391
ImpulsePie Reputation: 10

I have determined that the side buttons don't work when the "Corsair Composite Virtual input device" disappears in Device Manager, after CUE loads. I have tested and resolved this by logging out of Windows (at which time I hear the "ding ding" Windows has found a USB device) and logging back in again.

Much simpler than having to consistently reinstall CUE, but still annoying. Should stay working on Windows booting consistently. I'm running a fully up-to-date Windows 10 x64 with the latest CUE and Scimitar 2.01 firmware.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:56 AM
dobesv's PC Specs

POST ID # = 838412
dobesv Reputation: 10

I just had a similar problem with the M65, I couldn't bind the sniper button. A regular reinstall didn't fix it, but I reinstalled and checked "delete settings" when I uninstalled it, and then when I reinstalled the mouse worked again (at least for a few minutes now ...). Maybe that will help someone.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:49 PM
Ismul's PC Specs

POST ID # = 838572
Ismul Reputation: 10

my sidebuttons stop working too, only way to make them work again is to restart the PC or unplug and plug in the mouse again.

And when they stop working, i mostly can't find the mouse in CUE, it doesnt show up at all, and when it shows up, it says on status: Error.

i attached the log files from today, it clearly shows some errors with the scimitar.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2016-02-22T18-32-30.txt (6.3 KB, 210 views)

1 members found this post helpful.