Corsair Community

H100 temps any good?

carnagerover

Hi all,

I installed a H100 for a friend today and would like some feedback on the temps please.

Processor is a I7 2600K

Running at stock 3.4

First off the ambient room temp is 25.2c

The Idle temps are;

32 29 35 31c

The Prime 95 temps are;

53 55 56 53c

The maximum that real temp recorded for the cores is as follows;

54 57 58 53c

Are these temps any good or should I think about changing some things around. The fans are pushing out of the case, there is a 140m exhaust fan that is blowing cool air onto the two pushing corsair fans. There is also a 200m fan at the top above the radiator sucking air out of the top of the case.

Anyway any thoughts would be appreciated

those temps are pretty good..

mine running on low setting was 28-30 and running prime i didnt get anything above 50..

this thing was a pain in the *** to install and need to improve on there instructions or have a install video...

Those temps look just fine. It all depends on your case , room temps and so on. Every CPU runs just a little different than the other. Some hotter, some cooler. If those were in the 60-70's then i would be concerned. You also have to remember that those are core temps and they will be a few degrees hotter than case temps.

Those temps look just fine. It all depends on your case , room temps and so on. Every CPU runs just a little different than the other. Some hotter, some cooler. If those were in the 60-70's then i would be concerned. You also have to remember that those are core temps and they will be a few degrees hotter than case temps.

I took the cpu cooler off to have a look at the paste and it had been spread evenly, I had some Shin-Etsu thermal compound so I put a pea sized blob in the middle of the CPU and then added the cpu block.

Running at 4.6 with a room ambient temp of 28c I have the following temps;

68 71 72 67c

The maximums after 6 minutes are as follows;

68 71 72 67c

Still don't think my temps are that good to be honest but I probably messed up the application of thermal paste as you can't really spread Shin-Etsu yourself its not very pliable.

Final temps after 35 minutes;

68 71 70 67c

Final maximums;

68 72 72 68c

Not sure if I should try and re-apply the thermal compound or just leave it now

Wow, my I7 980x is running at Idle 43-44°C -.-

The H100 has a totally bad performance in my computer.

I got the Obsidian 800D.

Don't know what is wrong, but everytime, when I buy a Corsair Hydro Cooler,

the temperature is not the same like in the benchmark tests!

I have ordered some cleaning solution and some IC Diamond 24 carat thermal compound. I'm going to give it a good clean along with the cpu block and then put a small 5.0mm blob on the centre of the cpu and then i'm leaving it no matter what temps I have.

I have the best results doing it the size of a little grain of rice... dont know why.. lol... but I had to reseat many times until I was happy.

Yeah I needed to do it to see if I could get better temps but I didn't have any solution for cleaning off the thermal paste so at the moment although the CPU and Cooler look clean as I have removed the thermal paste it is not as clean as it could be and once that has happened I am hoping for good things.

shin etsu's are very thick hard compound just as ic diamond 7's. I don't think the normal pea sized center method will work too well with those thicker compounds but rather spread them afther putting those compounds in warm water for couple mins just go get the material "soften" because the compounds are so thick, i don't think heatsink pressure itself will a very good job spreading them..

I am going to boil the kettle leave it a few minutes and then put the Shin Etsu in a bag into the water to get the compound easier to apply. once I sit the cooler on the CPU should I push down to try and get the right amount of pressure to apply the paste or let the cpu cooler do it?

Hi!, i also just installed my h100 today. My Room temp are 30C, and my idle temps are 47c, load 67c, using LinX to test.

Cpu:I7 2600k

Cooler Master Sniper

2x 470gtx sli

AX1200 power supply.

Does this sound like normal temps or are they high?

It seems to be the same temps as my old Corsiar A70 cooler.

Hi!, i also just installed my h100 today. My Room temp are 30C, and my idle temps are 47c, load 67c, using LinX to test.

Cpu:I7 2600k

Cooler Master Sniper

2x 470gtx sli

AX1200 power supply.

Does this sound like normal temps or are they high?

It seems to be the same temps as my old Corsair A70 cooler.

if those temps are with you cpu overclocked, its fine.

if it's on stock, there is something wrong...ur idles are 17c above your ambient...

30 Deg C Room Temp is 86 Deg F and that is not out of line for that high of Room Temp.

Hmm shouldnt the H100 be better than an A70 With one fan installed? (dont have the other installed because of high vorsair vengance memory heatsinks) because i get the same temps with both.....

for a unit that cost $120 (h100) that high of an idle/load temp should not be within specs even at 30c, especially at stock speeds when the idle frequency of these sandy bridges are at 1.6ghz with prob less then 1 volts. Stock heatsink can probably match the temps that the O/P was getting. RMA the unit

I have reapplied some Shin Etsu today and I get 29-32 idle and say 59-60 prime 95

Then at 4.6 it went to 72 so I'm around 2c hotter than when i started, oh well. To be honest I'm not going to overclock the machine now, I just wanted to make sure that in the future I could get decent speeds at good temps, running at 72c is a little too warm for my liking so I would want to get something a little more when that time comes.

In saying that my system has not been ultra stable at 4.6 but I put some of that down to the force gt ssd that is having problems at the min.

No. Dont remove your cooler unless u really have to cause it's very hard to match the amount and flatness that already comes with hydro series. Corsair does a very good job with the thermal applications and some of you think that the stock compound is garbage but it's not. It's Shin-Etsu, (Top of the line compound, better than artic silver 5)

on a side note, i don't think 72c is high at all for that kind of overclock. U'll prob be running around low 60s to high 50s for anything u do on ur computer(games, surf, movies, etc..) besides stress testing..

hi,

just to tell I have CM 690 II and h100 on the top.

I put two GT AP15 @ 75 % and they are so much quiet than corsair's fans.

Core i5@4.6Ghz 1.33v (1.31 in bios)

My max temp are : 57/64/62/63 °C after 20 pass of IntelBurnTest

With my 212+ I was reaching 72+ °C

Archived