Corsair Community

Broken hard drive trays on Corsair Obsidian 700D

ostenxx

Hi.

Recently 2 of the hard drive trays that came with my Corsair Obsidian 700D case got broken of no obvious reason (the handle broke). I believe the plastic has been degraded since I bought the case back in 2010. I am really happy with this case and want to use all six hard drive trays in my current build.

Is it possible to obtain new hard drive trays for this case?

I have tried all the hard drive trays that Corsair currently have for sale, but they don't fit in my case. :[pouts:

Regards

• 4 months later...
  • Corsair Employee
I am sorry but the design has not been changed and this case is no longer in production, so when it is out of warranty the trays may not be available any more. But please post your case number and I will see your case gets processed.

Request an RMA and ask for some replacement HD trays for the 700D.

I also posted an RMA months ago, no response. Is there any way I can search for my RMA?

Or, can a drive tray from another case work in the 700? Looks aren't important, but a drive tray with two tabs IS.

I think an RMA is only valid for 90 days (3 Months).

If it is past it, You will need to request a new one.

If you are going to request a new one, Note this...

I am sorry but the design has not been changed and this case is no longer in production, so when it is out of warranty the trays may not be available any more.

• Corsair Employee
Well for this I just need a case number even one that is out of date so we can send you a new tray. So please post your old case number or if you created a new one that is all I need to get the parts set yto you assuming you filled out your address and phone number in the request

• 4 months later...
I have the same issue with my 700D. Three of six drive tray are useless becuase of broken tabs. I applied for an RMA back in Octoer with case#5149759 and am yet to recieve the three (3) new trays I need from the approved RMA. What is going on with the drive trays and why have I need recieved my trays.

I have the same issue with my 700D. Three of six drive tray are useless becuase of broken tabs. I applied for an RMA back in Octoer with case#5149759 and am yet to recieve the three (3) new trays I need from the approved RMA. What is going on with the drive trays and why have I need recieved my trays.

Me too. I put in my RMA a month (?) ago. No tray yet. Fortunately i'm dealing with only one tray with broken tabs. But I will say this. Even with broken tabs, you can still use the drive tray, but it's a bit tricky.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Does Corsair still make 700D trays? I recently broke one and I found this fairly recent thread. Even though my 700D is no longer under warranty, is it possible for me to get a replacement tray if the 700D is no longer being manufactured?

Worry about potentially having problems like you all are so I already bought three extra trays for my new 650D. I'm now thinking about buying six more while I still can.

Edit: Well dang! I tried to order some more 600T HDD trays (CC600T-TRAY; same as the 650D trays) and no one has any except for one jerk Amazon Marketplace vendor who wants over $20 dollars shipped for the last one it has in stock. Is there any chance that it will ever be back in stock again?

Archived