Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

• Corsair Employee
Quick update on the Blinking Red LED on the dongle. This issue was resolved in a previous build of iCUE, but based on your feedback, it resurfaced. The bug has already been flagged and another fix is earmarked for an upcoming release that is coming up. The LED shouldn't have any performance impact since it's only signaling the status.

Quick update on the Blinking Red LED on the dongle. This issue was resolved in a previous build of iCUE, but based on your feedback, it resurfaced. The bug has already been flagged and another fix is earmarked for an upcoming release that is coming up. The LED shouldn't have any performance impact since it's only signaling the status.

speaking purely from my own observation...

my 'static' issue went away for a few weeks and has seemingly come back...along with the blinking red light.

could the two be related?

Hi everyone,

I just purchased the Virtuoso SE a week ago and I got the same problems that other users.

- When in wireless mode, I lost connection with the dongle once every 2-5 minutes, and it reconnects automatically, but it's annoying. Removing the auto stand by for power saving, seems to fix it, but now I have to turn on and off the headset manually everytime that I use them, it¡s a minor problem as it can be solved turning off the power saving, but for a 200€ product.. I want all the things that I paid for. (and this is not cheap).

- When I charge the headset, it never displays a solid green light, always blinking green no matter how many hours I charge them. I have to unplug from the usb, and plug it again, then I hear the voice "charge complete" and the green led turn solid and stop blinking. I tried to let it charging a whole night, and in the morning, the green light in the headset was still blinking. All the charges done from an usb 3.0.

- If I select the dolby atmos, DTS or windows sonic mode in windows sound properties, automatically changes the quality to a lower one and to a 2 channels audio in the settings of sound devices in windows. To 8 channels I must put any sound drivers inactive, the only one that works with 8 channels is the 7.1 from ICUE.

I do not have another issues, nor the crackling sound, anyway as english is not my mother language, could you please describe me how is it that sound?

I've heard some static noise in some songs, but I think that is due to the equalization, or maybe the song file.

Thank you very much, and I hope for solutions soon, I did not expected so many problems with a 200€ premium headset.

For the info, my dongle is connected to a usb 3.0 port in the case (MSI Sekira 500x, my motherboard is a msi meg z390 ace)

Last version of the firmware for icue 3.29.110, dongle v0.16.80 and headset 0.17.149 , which I also use for the ram, liquid cooling and LS100, so I cant unistall nor turn ICUE off.

Edited by Shirak

Hi everyone,

I just purchased the Virtuoso SE a week ago and I got the same problems that other users.

- When in wireless mode, I lost connection with the dongle once every 2-5 minutes, and it reconnects automatically, but it's annoying. Removing the auto stand by for power saving, seems to fix it, but now I have to turn on and off the headset manually everytime that I use them, it¡s a minor problem as it can be solved turning off the power saving, but for a 200€ product.. I want all the things that I paid for. (and this is not cheap).

- When I charge the headset, it never displays a solid green light, always blinking green no matter how many hours I charge them. I have to unplug from the usb, and plug it again, then I hear the voice "charge complete" and the green led turn solid and stop blinking. I tried to let it charging a whole night, and in the morning, the green light in the headset was still blinking. All the charges done from an usb 3.0.

- If I select the dolby atmos, DTS or windows sonic mode in windows sound properties, automatically changes the quality to a lower one and to a 2 channels audio in the settings of sound devices in windows. To 8 channels I must put any sound drivers inactive, the only one that works with 8 channels is the 7.1 from ICUE.

I do not have another issues, nor the crackling sound, anyway as english is not my mother language, could you please describe me how is it that sound?

I've heard some static noise in some songs, but I think that is due to the equalization, or maybe the song file.

Thank you very much, and I hope for solutions soon, I did not expected so many problems with a 200€ premium headset.

For the info, my dongle is connected to a usb 3.0 port in the case (MSI Sekira 500x, my motherboard is a msi meg z390 ace)

Last version of the firmware for icue 3.29.110, dongle v0.16.80 and headset 0.17.149 , which I also use for the ram, liquid cooling and LS100, so I cant unistall nor turn ICUE off.

Hi Shirak, do you speak spanish maybe? is my mother language. I have the virtuosos se for about two weeks now. I purchased them with the knowledge that the icue have many issues. So what i did is never install the software and didnt install any update or firmware for now i just install the software in other pc only to turn off the rgb. I only use windows drivers and dolby atmos/access for 7.1 in gaming/movies and disable this virtualization for music. any virtualization will downgrade the quality, so with atmos i have 2channel/ 16 bits/ 48000hz / dvd quality and in the other hand without atmos i can reach 2 channel/24 bits/ 48000hz/studio quality . I dont have any problems or issues using the virtuosos without icue drivers and software. For now im doing this until the software will be fixed. The quality i got from music in 24bits /studio quality is great with spotity maxed quality streaming. no blinking isues, no crakle or static, steady 18hr battery. hope i can help you:biggrin:

I have a fun one. Honestly I dont know if this has been answered. But I have really tried everything. Support is no help.

I've had my Virtuoso SE for about 3 months now. Didnt have any problems until now. It seems like the Headset is dead. Wont charge with Corsair provided cable, or any other cable.

The headset blinks red from all the RGB with plugged in no matter what setting its on, USB or wireless.

When i plug in the Dongle, it blinks twice then stops entirely. Tried the dongle in other ports as well.

On my Device Manager, there is no Headset or Dongle.

Plugged the Dongle and Headset into my laptop. Same issue.

Did I buy a $200 Pretty paperweight?

I have a fun one. Honestly I dont know if this has been answered. But I have really tried everything. Support is no help.

I've had my Virtuoso SE for about 3 months now. Didnt have any problems until now. It seems like the Headset is dead. Wont charge with Corsair provided cable, or any other cable.

The headset blinks red from all the RGB with plugged in no matter what setting its on, USB or wireless.

When i plug in the Dongle, it blinks twice then stops entirely. Tried the dongle in other ports as well.

Re-flash the firmware from iCUE. Make sure the wireless switch is turned off when you connect via USB.

I lost power and was in the flashing red light loop, this was the only thing that resolved it.

I got these headset from amazon. My Sennheiser GSP 350 died, so it's a big jump in terms of build quality. Though the sound of the Virtuoso is very bland compared to the GSP 350. I expected it to be some what of a improvements despite the positive reviews. There should be more settings and options to improve sound quality. The 7.1 simulation isn't very good too. I cant really tell between being enabled and disabled. Maybe add a little bit of wider stereo, not too much or add a slider to it. I would like it to improve, they have lots of potential.

• Corsair Employee

Does the LED near the USB charge port on the headset react when you plug in a USB to charge? It should show an amber color when it's charging. Also, is your PC running on when you charge the headset?

• Corsair Employee
speaking purely from my own observation...

my 'static' issue went away for a few weeks and has seemingly come back...along with the blinking red light.

could the two be related?

Can't confirm if the two are related, it would require additional testing on our side. I'll relay the info to our team to review.

Guys, im really at my witts end with these issue, besides the fact I never got a response from my post a few days ago.

I bought 2 of these and now I just bit the bullet and ordered the Logitech G933/935 , after using them I can say I have no more audio issues. I really wish Corsair could get off their tails to fix the issues with the virtuoso especially since they cost at least $30 more than the logitech. It is what it is I guess.

PS> I will still use these headsets for for NON GAMING use. The headset works well in Microsoft Teams for work and also for Xbox and my Android phone. Yes I know the work around is to not run ICUE but I have no choice, I have bindings there they at I need for my mouse (Scimitar) and I cannot live without them.

Al Signing off from this thread.

Edited by Alcasczar

Purchased the SE earlier week, and so I'm in my 4th day of using it now. As many others before me, I'm having trouble with a red blinking light on the dongle, and seemingly random disconnections - which sort themselves out after a few seconds. Right this instant as I look at the dongle - it has no more lights on it, not red, not white, just... blank (but the headset is still functional)

Purchased the SE earlier week, and so I'm in my 4th day of using it now. As many others before me, I'm having trouble with a red blinking light on the dongle, and seemingly random disconnections - which sort themselves out after a few seconds. Right this instant as I look at the dongle - it has no more lights on it, not red, not white, just... blank (but the headset is still functional)

Same disconnections here.. I posted it before but no response..

I think its related to the auto power off timer, as if you turn it off, disconnections dont happen.

Please fix it, and the drivers from icue turning atmos to 2 channel low quality.

I bought the Virtuoso SE a little over a week ago and have run into the crackling problem. Mine seems to only occur on wireless when the microphone is active. My surefire test has been sitting in discord using the test feature in the voice settings menu.

I bought a second pair thinking maybe a hardware problem... Not it.

I tried it on my roommates computer and he couldn't reproduce the issue.

I replaced my CPU thinking (was an 8700k) thinking that maybe it was an intermittent issue with part of my CPU as i recently had a Liquid cooling malfunction and CPU exceeded recommended temperatures for a while and maybe was causing errors in the data stream.... Nope still had the issue.

Reinstalled windows and a few base programs including discord and iCue. Problem no longer presented itself. Proceeded to reinstall applications while testing. Installing drivers and utilities continued without issue. It wasnt until i installed Unity 2018.4.20f1 and HTC Vive Pro Drivers (includes Steam VR) that I started seeing issues. Specifically it occurred as soon as the Microsoft Visual C++ packages installed as part of Unity. Uninstalling the Visual c++ packages, Unity, and HTC Vive Pro Drivers seemed to resolve the issue. I reinstalled only the Visual C++ packages as some of them are required for other applications I need and the problem reappeared. The problem seems to occur more often if steam is running but I can not definitively state that its steam causing it.

I am at whits end on this. I have had a Support ticket open for a week with no response. These replaced my SteelSeries Siberia 840 headsets that broke after several years and I was excited to find a decent headset that fit well since the 840 is no longer produced. If I cant find a solution in the next week they are going to have to get returned as well.

As a follow up message to this. I conducted fairly extensive testing of the headphones again tonight and have confirmed that having steam running on my computer, even when not playing a game, causes the static issue when the microphone is active.

I bought the Virtuoso SE a little over a week ago and have run into the crackling problem. Mine seems to only occur on wireless when the microphone is active. My surefire test has been sitting in discord using the test feature in the voice settings menu.

I bought a second pair thinking maybe a hardware problem... Not it.

I tried it on my roommates computer and he couldn't reproduce the issue.

I replaced my CPU thinking (was an 8700k) thinking that maybe it was an intermittent issue with part of my CPU as i recently had a Liquid cooling malfunction and CPU exceeded recommended temperatures for a while and maybe was causing errors in the data stream.... Nope still had the issue.

Reinstalled windows and a few base programs including discord and iCue. Problem no longer presented itself. Proceeded to reinstall applications while testing. Installing drivers and utilities continued without issue. It wasnt until i installed Unity 2018.4.20f1 and HTC Vive Pro Drivers (includes Steam VR) that I started seeing issues. Specifically it occurred as soon as the Microsoft Visual C++ packages installed as part of Unity. Uninstalling the Visual c++ packages, Unity, and HTC Vive Pro Drivers seemed to resolve the issue. I reinstalled only the Visual C++ packages as some of them are required for other applications I need and the problem reappeared. The problem seems to occur more often if steam is running but I can not definitively state that its steam causing it.

I am at whits end on this. I have had a Support ticket open for a week with no response. These replaced my SteelSeries Siberia 840 headsets that broke after several years and I was excited to find a decent headset that fit well since the 840 is no longer produced. If I cant find a solution in the next week they are going to have to get returned as well.

Recently I had my PC temporarily replaced with another and I got that crackling issue A LOT.. The really odd one where one application's sound could be fine but something else sounded horrible.. all at the same time.

The culprit in this case seems to be plugging the dongle into a port from an ASMedia® ASM1061 controller, in my case the lowest USB-ports on the motherboard's backside.

If possible try switching port and if you have your motherboard/computer manual ready, refer to it in order to see which controller is managing which ports.

You _probably_ want the dongle connected to a port managed natively by the chipset.

And as I've stated before.. having the dongle close to other wireless dongles seems like a bad idea.

I have tried every port on the machine as well as purchasing a PCIE USB 3.0 card to no avail.

Recently I had my PC temporarily replaced with another and I got that crackling issue A LOT.. The really odd one where one application's sound could be fine but something else sounded horrible.. all at the same time.

The culprit in this case seems to be plugging the dongle into a port from an ASMedia® ASM1061 controller, in my case the lowest USB-ports on the motherboard's backside.

If possible try switching port and if you have your motherboard/computer manual ready, refer to it in order to see which controller is managing which ports.

You _probably_ want the dongle connected to a port managed natively by the chipset.

And as I've stated before.. having the dongle close to other wireless dongles seems like a bad idea.

Hey there,

I own a Corsair Virtuoso RGB SE since a few days and I'm not happy with the sound so i could need some help.

First of all, which windows settings should i use for the best sound experience in games?

For example: I turned Windows Sonic off (because thats sounds really bad) and for the mic at wireless mode I use the "1 Channel,, 24-Bit, 48.000Hz (Studioquality)" settings with exclusive mode off.

I'm extremly unsure about my Channel/Bit/Hz settings for the Mic Wired, Mic Wireless, Headphone Wired and Headphone Wireless.

My current main game is Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2019), my Sound settings ingame are set on "Studio Quality".

Since I have the Headset i can't hear footsteps, explosions and when i get hit, I also seems to have no 7.1 Sourround Sound.

My headset before was a Logotec G35, it was 9 years old, full of ductape and performed better than the Virtuoso.

These Problems seems to be only in Wireless Mode!

It seems to be that the 7.1 doesn't work correct at wireless mode and that higher/louder sounds gets erased.

I also have some short disconnects while playing, but this seems to be a common issue which doesn't get fixed.

My EQ Settings:

https://ibb.co/H7kqFHk

Edited by Aurigum

What battery life are you guys getting out of these headphones?

I think mine are faulty, full charge over usb and a couple of hours in wireless mode its beeping and iCUE reports battery critical.

Not happy at all considering the price.

Does the LED near the USB charge port on the headset react when you plug in a USB to charge? It should show an amber color when it's charging. Also, is your PC running on when you charge the headset?

Hey nick thanks for the response. Been very busy.

The Computer is on when i plug it in. The little LED indicator next to the charge port blinks red with with the same pattern as the side LED.

Very frustrating. I've tried the Corsair recommended unplug dongle/unplug headset sequence maybe a million times. I have tried different USB ports. I seriously have no idea whats happening.

Please Help.

(https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=194464)

After reading this relating forum on ICUE software complications paired with my Corsair Virtuoso, I've realized how many others are having the same issue as I...

Corsair Virtuoso RGB dongle non stop flashing red after the laster ICUE Update 3.26.95.

I repluged the donge and restart icue and pc .Headset is working but it suppose to be white light ,but its flashing red all the time.

And my icue show like i have 5 headsets (1) (1)(1)(1)(1) - i dunno what suppose to mean.Sometimes it stop flashing and no light at the dongle at all.

I just wanted to report the incorrect dongle behavior after the latest update.

It still works fine and everything, but I don't know if it's near dead and can't see the battery level in ICUE, so I always keep it plugged in and on the connected USB setting which sucks...

Is there anything I can do on my end to fix this issue or am I doing anything wrong? Thanks.

You can go into the iCUE software. Click on tab for the headphones, then on the devices tab, double click where it says "VIRTUOSO SE (1)xxxxxxxxx" that will allow you to rename the headset. I have had this issue happen to me. I dont know why they cant figure this out in the software. Its a bug. It was adding a (1) everytime I would turn my headset on. Very annoying.

Tried updating, tried firmware update, tried spatial sound these 200 dollar headsets are just pure trash. They fit nice and looks great but sound wise it's pretty garbage. Sounds muffled or it will crack, surround sound doesn't work in some games and for the price it should work out of the box. Going back to my 935s I guess.

Tried updating, tried firmware update, tried spatial sound these 200 dollar headsets are just pure trash. They fit nice and looks great but sound wise it's pretty garbage. Sounds muffled or it will crack, surround sound doesn't work in some games and for the price it should work out of the box. Going back to my 935s I guess.

I did not like G935 the hardware is cheap but the software was great and DTX sound, but your right a lot of issue with the headset could try out Windows 10 DTX plugin for 14 days and see it helps. I testing NX Wave 3D sound which use a web cam for head tracking. I swaping my headset for a replacement to see if its a hardware issue. If the software had a monitor that would show if you had a issue with the wireless.

Can the headphones be left charging overnight? In my case I have the problem that in the morning when I connect it, the donge light starts to flash, and it is like it connects and disconnects, so it is a while until it normalizes and sometimes it happens to me out of nowhere, no I know if they have been failed, or is that they are downloaded at night, and it is that I can not see the percentage of charge, all this in wireless mode