Corsair Community

prometheus6987

Hello everyone, I recently decided to buy a black 780T, before proceeding with the purchase I would like to know if it is possible to add to the fan controller a Fan hub or just some fans' splitter cables in order to attach to the controller more than 4 fans.

I would like to put 7 fans, to be precise, 3 on the front, 1 on the bottom as intake, 1 in the back and 2 on the top as exhaust. What kind of fans do you suggest for those positions?

I was thinking to go with 2 120mm AF in the 2 top spots in the front, 1 120mm SP on the bottom one (in front of the HD cage), 1 on the bottom still SP, than 3 140mm AF fans as exhaust.

Do you guys think this will be a correct way to have a good airflow to cool a SLi solution with 2 reference gtx 670?

Will the pressure be slightly positive, so I won’t have many issues with dust and such?

Sorry for my English, I hope is understandable

You shouldn't have any problems splitting that fan controller with Y-cables.

So before I answer, what type of cooling are you using for the CPU?

Nice! I was worried I had to give that up :D

As cpu cooler atm I'm using the ninja scythe 3, it cools an i7 2600k @ 4,5ghz and my mobo is an Asus asus p8z68-v pro and my PSU is a Corsair AX750

• Corsair Employee

Hey, if it works for you, it works for you.

For the front, you can do three AF120s as intakes. On the rear, an AF140 as an exhaust. On the top, I'd actually do a trio of AF120s as exhausts. On the bottom, an AF120 as an intake. I'd do Quiet Editions on all of 'em; that's eight fans, so that's plenty of airflow.

Hey, if it works for you, it works for you.

For the front, you can do three AF120s as intakes. On the rear, an AF140 as an exhaust. On the top, I'd actually do a trio of AF120s as exhausts. On the bottom, an AF120 as an intake. I'd do Quiet Editions on all of 'em; that's eight fans, so that's plenty of airflow.

thanks for the tip btw are you sure that the bottom front fan is not best as SP? I mean I will put the HDD cage in front of it.

Aw the next upgrade is going to be a watercooled cpu cooler, if there are still compatible with my processor :D

• Corsair Employee
thanks for the tip btw are you sure that the bottom front fan is not best as SP? I mean I will put the HDD cage in front of it.

Aw the next upgrade is going to be a watercooled cpu cooler, if there are still compatible with my processor :D

I'd just stick with the AF for the bottom front fan. It'll match the other two, and the performance difference will be negligible to nonexistent with how much airflow you're dumping into that case.

Archived