Corsair Community

Hello again, last week I posted about my issue about the GS600 and my concern about getting a different power supply after the first one made horrible noises and I read a lot of bad reviews. Please read through my case for the history.

Last week, I reached out to the forums and Corsair customer service and got several confirmations that I would NOT get the same power supply replaced and that I wanted a DIFFERENT product.

Technobeard: Hi Nicole, your alternate replacement was approved last week. Please send in the PSU and it will be replaced with an HX750. I'm sorry that no one contacted you, and I will look into that personally.

Technical Support: Dear Nicole, Thank you for contacting Corsair Customer Service. Once the defective power supply is received in our warehouse, we will send you the alternate replacement of CMPSU-750HX. Thank you for choosing Corsair products.

Well... my replacement power supply just arrived and it's a !!! The NEW GS600... of course. I have not opened the box yet because I would like to know my options instead of using this power supply with a known malfunction. I'm a little annoyed at the whole situation because more reviews are saying this new GS 600 has known issues as seen here, which is surprising to me as the old GS600 got many good reviews!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139036

and

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-Series-Bronze-GS600/dp/B008O0RWV8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1353023960&sr=8-3&keywords=corsair+gs600

Last week, I already paid $20 to ship the defective GS 600 back, confirmed with two or three different departments I would get something else, and waited for two weeks without a computer. There is no way I am spending another $20 shipping fee for Corsair's mistake!

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry that happened but you will want to speak with our customer service about this. There is very little we can do from Tech support except send them a message and that has been done. If you do not hear from them in the next 24 hours I would suggest calling them and the number is listed under contact on the main site

Archived