Corsair Community

Abit IP35-E 2-CM2X1024-6400

abitrulez

hi i got lots of problems try to get this to post sometimes i can make it boot to bios but after i save and exit the bios the computer shuts off and then sometimes keeps restarting. everything is new i thought it was the motherboard so i took it back but the new one does the same thing i have changed the memory slots around even just used one stick but it dont matter

now i have a hard time thinking the memory is bad not both sticks, now the motherboard uses a 8 pin power connector to power the cpu now the powersupply that im using does not have the 8 pin plug but the manual says you can use the 4 pin plug so what im trying to get at could the powersupply

be causeing this? or is it the memory and i also set the dram voltage to 1.9v

according to abits site...

I am not familiar with the specifications on that PSU. However, I do see that it is a common brand included with a case which typically indicates low cost/low quality. A week or inadequate PSU can cause the symptoms you are seeing. If you have the option, test the system with a higher quality PSU.

yes i am getting a better powersupply and try it i took the ram back today and got some different memory for it and the same thing still happens

funny thou when i add the 2 stick it wont post at all so it has got to be not enough power or something? Thanks for your reply

• 3 months later...

Using the 4pin power supply from a 400w PSU, running ABIT IP35-E, EN8600GT 512m, E6750.

The USBs never fire up so the key board and mouse are all dead, the screen never recieves any signal (so I don't know what the bios is doing).

when I power up first time it shuts down after 3 seconds, it then restarts itself and stays on but there is a long intermitent beeping coming from the case speaker. The USBs are still dead and there is no signal to the monitor.

I'm using twin2x2048-8500c5d g The board says it will take DDR2 8500, So I think I'm OK. Am I????

I can't change any settings in the bios because I can't see it.

This is a new build.

Help, help help!!!

Andy

If your PSU is that old it is very likely not suitable for a current MOBO. Older MOBOs like that were distributed with more voltage to the 3.3v and 5v rails and less on the 12v rails. Current boards use MUCH more 12v. Post the specs when you can. Unless we find some other gremlin, the PSU is my vote.

Ok, bought a new power supply and installed it tonight. No change still gave me the intermitent beep.

However I did change one thing I took one of the sticks out and tried to reboot. It worked!!

I turned the PC off and switched sticks. Back to the same problem.

Does this mean one of the sticks is faulty????

Andy

Does this mean one of the sticks is faulty????Andy

I would move to RMA the kit. If you have boot with one of the sticks and no boot with the other (in the same slot) then RMA is the route unless you can return to the retailer. Either way will get you new DRAM.

Archived