Corsair Community

Air series SP120 High Performance

Billy1981

CORSAIR AIR SERIES SP120 HIGH PERFORMANCE EDITION TWIN PACK

so im thinking to change my stock fans that came with the h80i,and picking up AIR SERIES SP120 HIGH PERFORMANCE,anyone know if i will be able to set the air series sp120 fans to lower rpms with corsair link,or use quiet,balanced and performace mode

thanks

can anyone confirm

if your talking about these then yes their fully controllable

Air Series SP120 PWM High Performance Edition High Static Pressure Fan Twin Pack

CO-9050014-WW

the ones that i want, dont have the PWM in the description does this mean i cant control them with corsair link

CORSAIR AIR SERIES SP120 HIGH PERFORMANCE EDITION TWIN PACK

its gonna be hit or miss,i can only relate to what ive used and know that work.

is there anyone from corsair that can confirm these fans will work with corsair link,meaning adjusting rpms and using quiet mode balanced mode etc..

why not get the ones i mentioned?,their virtually the same but their pwm fans.

cause i will have to order from amazon,the ones im looking for are available at my local pc store,the only thing i want is to be able to put the fans on on quiet mode, i dont wanna purchase air series fans that i wont be able to play with the options on corsair link

i see,buying local wasnt mentioned so i didnt know,just trying to offer help that would be guaranteed to work in link.

Its ok thanks for helping..i just need to find out if i can work with the non PWM versions,hopefully someone from corsair sheds some light

These are my personal experiences with an H100i.

SP120 3 pin fans will NOT work correctly when plugged into the pump. They will spin at 1800-2000rpm and you will NOT be able to control them via corsair link.

"IF" you use the included voltage reducers you can control rpm when connected to the block but will be limited to a max rpm of 1600 or so. Also response time will be slow changing fan speeds.

This is the only way this worked for me and lots of others. I would be very weary of purchasing the 3 pin versions as Corsair will be of no help when they do not work correctly.

These are my personal experiences with an H100i.

SP120 3 pin fans will NOT work correctly when plugged into the pump. They will spin at 1800-2000rpm and you will NOT be able to control them via corsair link.

"IF" you use the included voltage reducers you can control rpm when connected to the block but will be limited to a max rpm of 1600 or so. Also response time will be slow changing fan speeds.

This is the only way this worked for me and lots of others. I would be very weary of purchasing the 3 pin versions as Corsair will be of no help when they do not work correctly.

PWM versions it is then... thanks for your info

IMO (completely my opinion) you can get high performance editions down to what like 800-1000 rpm? That's still almost completely silent so I <---- would go with those but your choice

i placed my order for the high performance

The stock SP120L fans are louder than the SP120's at the same rpm. Don't ask me why they simply are.

You could try to use the SP120L's with the SP120 pwm but They're response time is different as well. Not by much but if you try it and monitor fan speeds you will see what I mean.

• Corsair Employee

You will want to use the fans that came with the cooler to push air through the cooler. And If you are connecting the fans to the fan controller on the Pump you will want o use the fans made for the cooler.

PN# CO-8950002 Corsair Fan SP120L 2700 RPM, 74.42 CFM, PWM, Single Pack. H80i/H100i

Archived