Corsair Community

2.3.4816, questions?

TacticalTimbo

Just installed 2.3.4816, and so far I haven't had the Sierra.exe crash. However after I installed it I played with the settings, and am now paranoid I might have changed the GPU Fan settings... can anyone tell me the settings it starts out with?

Secondly, after installing 2.3, I've noticed Win8 makes the notification sound of a USB device being connected upon start-up/log-in... Does anybody else get this?

......hang on, as I'm typing this, I've just noticed my led has totally switched off!! What is this about?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, now I'm FREAKING OUT... I've just re-booted and my led's are totally DEAD...this is a right **** up boys...what have you done??

Update... I've just managed to work it out... for some reason the software set all four of my led settings to black/total absence of colour...why I don't know, but the rainbow is back!

...Just my two other questions stand.

You can download LINK 2.2.0 here

http://www.corsair.com/us/media/cms/drivers/CorsairLinkInstall_2.2.0.exe

Have you tried sliding the bars again, do the L.E.Ds light up?

When they were all dragged to 0/the bottom I dragged them up and saved the profile, they came back... however I think it was the act of re-saving the profile which jogged them back into life, as the second time the sliders were where I left them, and it was totally dead. It was re-saving the profile, perhaps together with re-booting, that brought them back.

Also just to add, the chiming at login was being caused by my Logitech G suite, for my Logitech G9x...I updated it today, along with my BIOS and LINK; I must remember to update one thing per day!

Btw, big thank you for the link... how rude of me to forget that!

No, in 2.2 the issue was not there... The only thing I changed was the Link software, upped it to 2.3 that is. I didn't need to change my firmware, as it came with 1.05.

Right now I'm running without either Link version and the LED's seem to be working fine without Link. Also when Link 2.3 was installed the LED's didn't see to work regardless of whether Link was open; indeed they only came back temporarily when I re-saved the profile?!

I must confess, since downloading 2.2 via the link you gave, I haven't installed either version... This is mainly because I'm afraid I'll bork something if I continually switch back and forth; hopefully once I understand the issue, I can move forward with a 2.3, or newer (if it's a bug). Worst case I'll revert to 2.2; thought that comes with the Sierra.exe issue!

Okay, I decided to give 2.3 another spin...

I've found that the LED cuts out, when the system is booted after a shutdown... It doesn't seem to happen after restart?! What's more, it seems to happen the moment Corsair Link is run, during start up.

Also, it seems saving and reopening the Corsair Link software is what triggers them to come back on.

Please would a Corsair rep respond on this matter! Also one of the fans has started to sporadically rattle...this H100i is turning out to be a nightmare!!

Had to try 2.2, to see what would be the situation now... Issue with LED switching off is gone, but unlike before I updated to 2.3, Link fails to monitor properly in the first instance (see attached image). To get it working, must close and re-run Link, or re-save a profile...I must add I'm learning as I go along, so don't take this 100% final!

I don't Know what to do, this is looking more and more like an rma...plus this fu@king fan keeps rattling!

Link.thumb.JPG.068b16cc25010d20b2db70101dc6cb53.JPG

• Corsair Employee

It was nice to speak with you on the phone and to go over what we talked about:

Before you install any version remove any saved profiles under (Options/General)

If you install version 2.2.0 you have to down load the file to directory on your HDD (DO NOT DL to your desktop) then right click on the File and select properties and select Compatibility Mode for Windows 7 and select Run as Administrator and save or apply then run the file.

For the latest version Version 2.3.4816 just run it in Windows 8 and I would reboot after it is installed there are still a few bugs like it will not run at start up and the LED's may not function correctly but everything else should work properly.

It was nice to speak with you on the phone and to go over what we talked about:

Before you install any version remove any saved profiles under (Options/General)

If you install version 2.2.0 you have to down load the file to directory on your HDD (DO NOT DL to your desktop) then right click on the File and select properties and select Compatibility Mode for Windows 7 and select Run as Administrator and save or apply then run the file.

For the latest version Version 2.3.4816 just run it in Windows 8 and I would reboot after it is installed there are still a few bugs like it will not run at start up and the LED's may not function correctly but everything else should work properly.

Hi there, yea was good to discuss the issue in more detail, as this looks to be a thorny issue.

I went ahead and followed your instructions, doing so in the following order:

1. created a 'Drivers' folder at the Root of the C drive

2. dumped the installer for the Link2.2 installer in said folder

3. went into the Link software of the existing Link installation, and deleted all profiles (I had no issues doing this, all profiles deleted okay)

4. exited Link, and closed it down

5. ran the uninstaller, and accepted when it asked for permission to close Sierra.exe

6. Did a shutdown and subsequent cold boot

7. Set the Link 2.2 installer to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode, also ticking the run as admin option

8. after installation, I set Link to launch in Win7 compatibility mode, also ticking the run as admin option

9. I then checked that Link was set to run at startup

10. Did a shutdown and subsequent cold boot

After do this I find I am suffering similar issues as before, i.e. unresponsive fan controls, and no feedback through link, as to the pump and fans status. I was also getting slight different, yet I suspect, similar odd behaviour; I've attached an image of what I mean.

I've now gone over to 2.3, yes the LED does not function as per usual, and there are still some quirks with fan responsiveness after a cold boot, but it does seem far more stable otherwise... seems temps maybe a little elevated from before.

If it would be helpful, I could send you a Belarc report of my system, though I'd prefer to send it privately.

Link2.2Admin_Win7mode.thumb.JPG.7e8834eb557f4e3544ae79acf7150f4e.JPG

Then I guess I am having the same issue. After the Corsair Link update the LED on my H80i cooler just went off. Nothing helps. I cannot adjust it by software either. I hope this bug will get patched soon. I am obviously not checking the LED constantly but knowing that my device is not working correctly is just enough for me feel bad a little.

• Corsair Employee

Tactical - Can you please post your full system spec? we will try to replicate your issue and find a solution.

btw, are you using a Link Commander? and are you running other apps that monitors temp and voltages, such as AI Suite, Speedfan, etc... ?

Tactical - Can you please post your full system spec? we will try to replicate your issue and find a solution.

btw, are you using a Link Commander? and are you running other apps that monitors temp and voltages, such as AI Suite, Speedfan, etc... ?

I talked to Jacob, from tech support, I don't know if he's told you, but for the past couple of days, the H100i seems to have been behaving itself, LEDs and all! This is under 2.3 btw... that is to say, with no input from myself, it spontaneously decided to work?!

The only oddity I've experienced otherwise, is the LED being it's default white for roughly 5 secs, when coming out of sleep or indeed booting after a shutdown; i.e. after 5 secs or so, it correctly switches to it's chosen colour/pattern. I can't be certain, but before toying with Link 2.3, I thought the LED would pick up it's profile setting immediately?

Now that things have settled down, I'm understandably reluctant to mess with anything, I'll monitor things and post updates if/when the situation changes.

System build as follows

Rampage IV Extreme (BIOS 3404)

3930k @stock

16GB (4x4gb) 1600MHz GSkillz

Crucial M4 256GB

Corsair AX850

Asus Xonar DX

GTX 580 @stock, (driver: 314.22)

Windows 8 Pro x64

No Link Commander, and no AI Suite, speedfan...or any other Asus software for that matter. I do from time to time, open core temp, and have used HWmonitor, but neither are set to run at start up.

Hold the press, we have issues again, this time it's even more bizarre; I've got a doubling up of both fans and the LED, in other words they're appearing twice!? One set give readings the others don't! Take a look at the attached screen grab...

Update, seems a reset got it back on an even keel this time... wtf is going on!?

Link2.3buggedashell.thumb.JPG.160fc422ab7f907c33011c2f444a12b5.JPG

• Corsair Employee
Kill Corsair Hardware Monitor under task manager, then delete all icons that has no value or readings.. make sure to un check "Show all devices" under Option tab. Restart the system and see if the icons are gone.

Kill Corsair Hardware Monitor under task manager, then delete all icons that has no value or readings.. make sure to un check "Show all devices" under Option tab. Restart the system and see if the icons are gone.

Followed your advice, this boot it seems not to have the duplicates, but the LED has cut off again... plus I've no doubt it'll show the duplicates again at some point; we shall see!

RAM GUY, the zombi devices have returned... Plus the LED has been temperamental, as before.

How did the testing go, you took my sys info with the aim of replicating my problems?

Maybe my unit is a duff, maybe it's a software bug, and/or a corrupted system file; whatever it is, I'm tiring of the situation... Are there any near-term plans for an update.

Also, I asked phone support if the H100i could be hard reset in some way, they said it's not possible. However if it is feasible some way, I think it could be a potential solution?!

If you feel it's a lost cause, I guess it'll have to be an RMA...? This would be a real pain, as I'm sick of re-fitting the thing, but if needs must! However I will not be willing to fund returning it, it's been a pain in the *** since day one, first it was the fans fiasco, then this! I'll be damned if this is gonna cost me any further, it's cost me enough by way of the time it's eaten; not to mention, it wasn't exactly cheap in the first place!

• Corsair Employee
We've tried replicating this issue with the exact same platform but was not able to replicate it. It seems this unit is at fault. Submit an RMA request and if you some request regarding fees to send it back, it is best to communicate this with our customer service. I'd explain to them what the situation is and they can probably work something out for you.

• 3 weeks later...

RAM GUY,

It was good to talk over the issue again; as promised I'll just update the thread with where we got to, and add what I've witnessed since... who knows maybe it can help others also.

As I said, I've obtained a driver set from http://www.station-drivers.com/page/asmedia.htm , this is for the Asmedia USB controller btw, and my problem with phantom devices seems to have gone. I say 'seems', as I haven't had any confirmation this is a fix for the problem, nor was I directed to it; I was just using my intuition and going by observations. Indeed, Asus themselves, don't recommend using third-party drivers for the ASmedia USB 3 controller (under Win8); their implicit guidance therefore suggests you should rely upon Windows 8's native driver; indeed it did otherwise seem to work fine before!

So this leaves me suffering with the intermittent LED, i.e. sometimes when resuming from sleep, or restarting the system the LED will cease to function at all. As you say this is an issue on your radar, I am, as agreed, happy to wait a short while for a fix to appear, I guess in the form of a new Link app?

One more thing that has bothered me since we spoke, is that occasionally I'm getting an error prompt when resuming from sleep. It claims Link 2.3 has crashed, and sure enough, when I try to adjust settings from within Link, the H100i doesn't respond. In order regain control, I have to terminate and reopen Link 2.3.

Please could you respond with any progress updates you have, and also give an opinion on what should happen in light of this crashing business?

Cheers

Tim

post a pic of your link devices tab in a expanded view.you may want to consider fully uninstalling this and do a fresh install as it looks like the software may be corrupted,have you done an install on top of an existing install?

post a pic of your link devices tab in a expanded view.you may want to consider fully uninstalling this and do a fresh install as it looks like the software may be corrupted,have you done an install on top of an existing install?

Funny you suggest that, as that's just what'd I'd done moments after posting. In fact I must have surgically uninstalled and reinstalled Link, over a dozen times now.

I taken a screen capture of the 'Devices' tab as requested; I couldn't expand the Motherboard tab as it went off the screen, the rest is there however.

Also interesting, is the fact I have just tried manipulating my fan speeds, but have gotten no response, the fans carry on as if nothing has changed!? It's worth noting that I hadn't received any error messages on this occasion!

LinkDevices.thumb.JPG.6ebe60e9ee6ef0550a9926d4fe185bb6.JPG

Archived