Corsair Community

2.3.4816, questions?

TacticalTimbo

its a SOFTWARE issue NOT a hardware issue...i dont know man...i figured out for my mouse controller thing it required OPENGL and the drivers i had had OPENGL corrupted and everytime i tried to open the logitech gaming software menu it would crash...but i dont think this uses OPENGL so thats not the problem...this is after you reinstalled it?

I don't give a rats *** what the issues is, crap design, crap software or bugs... I DON'T FRACKING CARE! It aint my problem if Corsair can't write drivers for frack, why should I kick the can until they can sort this, IF they can sort this!

Here in the Uk, the law is quite simple, either a product is fit for purpose, or it isn't... if not, then the consumer has the right to a refund, repair or replacement! It doesn't matter if it's your software or hardware that is to blame!

Now I'm just about fed up of this, it's been going on for ages, not just one issue even (fans)! I've invested significant time and effort into this, it's been a massive headache quite frankly!

I therefore resent your arrogant tone and ask for no more input from you

Bryman, can I ask, are you a Corsair Rep; I hope not!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have found other Corsair entries; they just seems to keep popping up! Unfortunately they are also refusing to be deleted

Don't mess with those!!!!! It's a good thing that the permissions are set, so that you couldn't just go ahead and delete them. They are NOT Corsair cooler related. See what it says in the Data column? Adaptec Serial ATA RAID Controller. It's a disk controller made by Adaptec Corporation (you know.. of SCSI fame?), not Corsair. The string "corsair" may be in a reg entry but it does not mean that it is THE Corsair you're looking for. Mucking around in there without knowing what you are doing, or taking time to read what is right on front of you, you're going to hose your whole system.

I knew I should've left installing it until tomorrow; first time I wake it from sleep I get this (see attachment)!

Do you think it's some kind of issue with H100i and the Rampage IV Extreme combined...Do you think if I were to RMA it, that may corsair could switch it out for the H110; If it's a must, I'll pay the difference! Cos H110 doesn't have all this complex guff that's likely to cause issues! Would I get the H110 in my CM Storm Trooper?

Maybe other RIVE owners could report their experiences?

first im not sure what you have done so far but can only assume the software has been installed and your computer was in sleep mode therefore giving you this error,the cooler/link needs to be able to monitor your system in order to work,putting it in sleep mode turns off your usb's and therefore link will obviously crash.ive seen references where you can go in bios to set the usb's to maintain power at all times.

bryman and others like myself offer our free time to users that need it as we simply want to help and slamming just because the help isnt what you prefer is no excuse to belittle and criticize.

the squeaking wheel cant always get greased unless its allowed

lighten up and let us help ,

ya but is it really a significant difference? MAYBE 10% and thats just start up time and worst case scenario...so really...no

so 10% just start up time not even 1/20 of a second

not necessarily so as anytime you execute a command such as a program or file,the registry is ran till it finds what it needs so it constantly affects it.

this one reason speed is best on a fresh install of windows.

first im not sure what you have done so far but can only assume the software has been installed and your computer was in sleep mode therefore giving you this error,the cooler/link needs to be able to monitor your system in order to work,putting it in sleep mode turns off your usb's and therefore link will obviously crash.ive seen references where you can go in bios to set the usb's to maintain power at all times.

bryman and others like myself offer our free time to users that need it as we simply want to help and slamming just because the help isnt what you prefer is no excuse to belittle and criticize.

the squeaking wheel cant always get greased unless its allowed

lighten up and let us help ,

First off, I apologize if I got a little too annoyed, I may have even misunderstood his intentions, for that I'm sorry; I was extremely tired having stayed up all night, to attempt your fix. However I don't like him shouting that it is obviously software, he doesn't know that! It also suggests I'm stupid, or unwilling to accept, but I haven't suggested that! I'm pointing out that I simply don't care if it's broken software, or broken hardware; it all amounts to the same thing for me!

As for what I've done? Exactly as you instructed is the answer. I cleared the registry of anything 'corsair' or 'sierra', as you guided me to. I then went ahead and did a clean install of Link 2.3. Since doing this, I have again experienced the LED issue, Link crashing, and yes, even the phantom devices (see attachment)!

Finally, I don't think it unreasonable to expect the system come out of sleep, without Link's services crashing. No other usb devices of my become inactive after waking the system, I don't get issues with anything else. Tell me, does this happen with your H100i? Also it is unresponsive at startup as well.

Certainly I appreciate the help you've given, that's why I stayed up and put the effort in, to try and get things working. It's not like I've been dismissive, or unwilling to try suggestions. Far from it, I've been trying everything under the sun; I opened this thread nearly two months ago!

To me it's looking pretty bleak, my best bet would appear to be contacting Corsair support, and going forward with the Rma. If you have any other suggestions for what I could try, before I go down that route, I'm ready and willing to try it!

again.thumb.JPG.b7f77637bcd602510dd41b4d71a706fb.JPG

its understandable your upset as you should be

the only difference in whats been done is i run a mini usb/usb to my rear port,this produces constant stable conditions for the hydro,perhaps this is worth a try,other than that im just not sure.your attachment shows me your hydro isnt be recognized and a usb issue could very well be the problem.

i have had 3 of the coolers and all work perfectly ,i have 2 h100I now and one runs 24/7 problem free.

do me a favor,try thr usb route and if that doesnt work then a rma is perhaps the next step even tho i still have doubts on that being the issue.

these units are great once working so dont give up.

one suggestion just popped up,,do you have the current 4.5 net framework installed?

its understandable your upset as you should be

the only difference in whats been done is i run a mini usb/usb to my rear port,this produces constant stable conditions for the hydro,perhaps this is worth a try,other than that im just not sure.your attachment shows me your hydro isnt be recognized and a usb issue could very well be the problem.

i have had 3 of the coolers and all work perfectly ,i have 2 h100I now and one runs 24/7 problem free.

do me a favor,try thr usb route and if that doesnt work then a rma is perhaps the next step even tho i still have doubts on that being the issue.

these units are great once working so dont give up.

one suggestion just popped up,,do you have the current 4.5 net framework installed?

I don't appear to have .net 4.5 installed, would you suggest I install it?

As for the mini-USB to rear USB, I'm willing to try that; how comes you went will this setup, did you find issues with the internal header? I do have a second internal header, should I give that a shot first?

i had drop offs of fans and stuff not working with 0 readings,im the kind of person that exhaust all avenues before giving up so the rear usb was a shot in the dark that proved to work.yes 4.5 is needed on some systems but actually its beneficial in many apps

yes do try another header and cold boot not just a restart

i had drop offs of fans and stuff not working with 0 readings,im the kind of person that exhaust all avenues before giving up so the rear usb was a shot in the dark that proved to work.yes 4.5 is needed on some systems but actually its beneficial in many apps

yes do try another header and cold boot not just a restart

Apparently .net 4.5 is already part of Win8 (attachment), I had half wondered if it might be, being such a new OS.

...on to the USB testing, might do that after dinner.

_net.JPG.3ef9d41a9d992850a6e410bdc276e684.JPG

Apparently .net 4.5 is already part of Win8 (attachment), I had half wondered if it might be, being such a new OS.

...on to the USB testing, might do that after dinner.

ill be around,well get this working even if it drives you nutz:D:

here a quikie vid of one of my coolers

• 3 weeks later...

To update, I've tried a different header, and connecting at rear...still getting the same issues!

I've also tried the new Corsair Link 2.4, that made no difference either!

What's now worse is that I've just tried the new 1.07 firmware, which besides not sorting my issue, has caused my LED to behave oddly; it was not doing any of the colours correctly! I followed RAM GUY's instructions to the letter, and it said it installed successfully! I reinstalled Link 2.4, that didn't help; finally I managed to get it doing colour correctly, by repetitively sliding the colour scales up and down! Really made me panic, tbh I still don't know if it's sorted, as this is a minute-by-minute update, and things could change... hell the thing has been screwball since day one; how do I know it's not related to my existing troubles!?

One thing's for sure, when I feel up to it, I will be RMAing this POS; whether I do it through Corsair or the supplier, I'm not sure! tbh Corsair say they prefer the customer to use them, but like I said, I will not be paying for the shipping; I've paid, in every sense, far too much already!

Update:

Yep, one Shutdown and power up later, and the colours are going screwball again...flapping about with colour scales sorted it again... What I am noticing is that I'm setting the first colour as red, but after a power cycles it's showing as black!? This is despite saving the profile as red!

Archived