Corsair Community

AX860i fan control/efficiency misreporting - iCUE 3.9.93

Citizen Crazed

Hey everyone, have a setup running just fine on Link at the mo - but tried a test install of iCUE as I'll be needing its extra functionality soon.

My AX860i is recognised, and I can see and track the fan speed alongside all the other reported parameters, but there's no option to set a manual fan profile - I'm stuck with the default fanless mode, which doesn't play well with my case ventilation.

Also, the efficiency graph produces fake numbers - I'm repeatedly seeing reported efficiency over 130%, which would be great, if it were real...

http://www.juniortourofwales.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/iCue-860i-efficiency.jpg

Have tried the install twice - once over an existing Link installation, and the second time on a completely fresh Win10x64 - and got the same things both times. Even tried running Link and iCUE at the same time to see if I could set the fan profile in Link - but it just tells me the PSU's being controlled by iCUE..

Are these known issues - and if so are there any fixes either planned for the software, or tweaks I can try here to get things working?

Well, a fresh OS install later and iCue back on - and we have fan control running on the AX860i - but those PSU efficiency numbers are still science fiction.

@DevBiker, the minima/maxima shown at the left of that graph window definitely aren't the chart minima/maxima- they're the highest and lowest efficiency readings calculated by iCue during the time period covered by the visible graph area.

The problem with the figures seems to stem from the fact that the Power In and Power Out values don't always appear to be updated every sample - sometimes it's one *or* the other. So a power out value from now gets divided by a power in value from a couple of hundred milliseconds ago, and an obvious error occurs. I only wish the thing *was* capable of 152% efficiency...;)

http://www.juniortourofwales.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/152-percent.jpg

The problem there is that the 141w input is contemporaneous - but the 215w output value is a holdover from the previous sample (when the input was 232w). I know iCue is polling a lot more data than Link was, but if the consequence is errors like this, it totally defeats the point of having hardware monitoring to begin with. I see that iCue still doesn't show the temp readings of my (Corsair) DRAM either - which is a bit lacking given even the likes of Motherboard Monitor can see those. Anyway, this is a new(ish) platform, hope it continues to improve :)

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to bump this thread to confirm that this issue is still present in iCUE v. 3.13.94.

iCUE is still reporting a temperature of -197 degrees C for my AX860i, and the efficiency values are indeed still being calculated incorrectly as a result of offset polling of the input/output values.

This issue persists whether I have the AX860i USB dongle plugged into my Commander Pro or directly into my motherboard.

Given that I can hear the fan occasionally ramping up when under load, I assume the extremely negative temperature reading is not actually being used to control my fan curve, but IS somehow still being reported on the iCUE dashboard.

Is there any chance of having this issue looked into further?

The fan curve on our PSU's are determined by load to prevent issues related to thermistors. Just more reliable.

I'll pass on the information in the thread. I'm not in the dev team so don't take anything I say as a guarantee, but we'll log it.

Much appreciated.

Again, it's a relatively minor annoyance but it would be nice to see it resolved!

Archived