Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator DDR4's + Z170 - Are they compatible?

kaans

So I got this set from Amazon: http://www.corsair.com/en/dominator-platinum-series-32gb-4-x-8gb-ddr4-dram-3000mhz-c15-memory-kit-cmd32gx4m4b3000c15

Two of these were faulty, the other two were ok, have 2 systems, so I did a lot of consistent testing, the faulty pair faulted on both systems while the other pair seems to work (memtest 6/7 failures, BSOD's, very moody too, sometimes works, when it fails it fails hard and repeatedly)

I'm considering whether or not keeping the decent pair, it's installed in my brother's system, he doesn't want to remove them, as the GPU also needs to be removed and we disassembled things so many times that it's a major nuisance now

My concern is the compatibility list, none of the descriptions are updated with Z170 information, this specific set is aimed only for Asus boards (is it because only Asus's supported 3000mhz at the time for example?)

Are these RAM's compatible with Z170's?

Should I keep the working pair to use with a MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC?

Using them in non-XMP 15-15-15 timings and 2133mhz speed by the way, after the initial issues, XMP seems too risky

I would really appreciate a sincere answer, I already have the replacements ready, if this kit isn't stable at Z170, I will simply replace the remaining pair too - really don't want to deal with another RAM issue in the future, as we are in Turkey, it would be hard to get a replacement if an issue occurred

Archived