The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2018, 08:58 PM
iamamiracle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958120
iamamiracle Reputation: 10
Default ML120 PRO RGB won't illuminate.

So I just built a new PC and everything is functioning perfectly for the most part, I'm now at the point where I'm setting up all my RGB fans, ram, etc. and I downloaded iCUE got my AIO cooler and ram functioning properly but my commander pro will not illuminate my fans. I have the 6-way RGB splitter plugged into SATA power and my LED socket on my Commander Pro. I've made sure all fans and connections were secure. I highlighted the center LED's in iCUE and chose my color and they would not illuminate. I'm thinking the 6-way RGB splitter that came with the fans may be defective. Are there any settings I need to change preemptively to make them work? I know for my RAM I had to enable a setting within my BIOS for that to function. I had plugged a couple of the fans to my RGB header on my motherboard and one LED lit up solid green, so I know the fans are functioning to an extent. I selected ML in iCUE under lighting setup and made sure it was on the first channel that i had plugged the RGB splitter into. I also tried using the second channel on the Commander PRO as well as using the separate node LED controller that came with the fans and not using the Commander PRO for the LED at all and the fans still would not illuminate. My only conclusion at this point is that the 6-way RGB splitter is faulty. I am positive all my components are connected properly I triple checked, reconnected them all, restarted my PC multiple times, reconnected all connections multiple times as well. HELP PLEASE ):

Old 06-08-2018, 01:17 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958143
DevBiker Reputation: 94

You should not have attached the fans to the motherboard; most motherboards are 12V and the Corsair fans are 5V. Connecting them to the motherboard will fry them.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 06-08-2018, 02:00 AM
iamamiracle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958148

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
You should not have attached the fans to the motherboard; most motherboards are 12V and the Corsair fans are 5V. Connecting them to the motherboard will fry them.

Yeah I realized that it damaged the first two because they shut off after. Didn’t continue after the first two shut off. I ordered another fan hub hoping that was the issue.

I had everything plugged in properly, in iCUE set up the lighting channel for 1 picked my color and highlighted the fans and nothing would happen even though it said they were on in iCUE. All four fans were detected on the Commander Pro and on my H100i but the led’s wouldn’t work. Granted I probably fried 2 of the 6 but ill replace those. I watched many setup tutorials and know for a fact I have all the components I need and are all plugged in.

Last edited by iamamiracle; 06-08-2018 at 02:06 AM.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:15 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958149
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamamiracle View Post
I watched many setup tutorials
always worth having a read of the below thread dude

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Old 06-08-2018, 10:15 AM
iamamiracle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
always worth having a read of the below thread dude

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880
Thanks, what I got from that is to try plugging the fans in individually to port one to test their functionality and if that doesn’t work I’ll reflash the firmware, when I get home from work I’ll give an update if that worked. The bad fans that I plugged into the motherboard could be disrupting the whole chain.

Last edited by iamamiracle; 06-08-2018 at 10:53 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:47 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958210

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamamiracle View Post
The bad fans that i plugged into the motherboard could be disruptig the whole chain.
ON THE MONEY!!!... yes mate you got it ;)

Old 06-08-2018, 10:53 PM
iamamiracle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958300
Big Grin

Quote:
ON THE MONEY!!!... yes mate you got it ;)
It worked *facepalms* and I ruined 4 fans :/ bummer

Last edited by iamamiracle; 06-08-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Old 06-09-2018, 12:15 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958308

Dang.... that sucks dude :(.

Old 06-09-2018, 02:25 AM
iamamiracle's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958319

Quote:
Dang.... that sucks dude :(.
Eh, I won’t let it upset me thanks for the help! I have 12 fans for my 2 480 rads so my case still looks fine. Just put the dead ones on the bottom rad until I replace them (:

Old 06-09-2018, 03:14 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958323

Not so bad then... Glad you got there in the end dude.. one of a few that admits that mistake ;)....

Old 11-05-2019, 05:07 PM
GregHouse21's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023153
GregHouse21 Reputation: 10

Hello everyone! I am kind of confused and I would like your help. After 3 years I decided to update my tower, starting with an AIO and a DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 32 gb kit. So my case already has 3 ML Pro 120mm white led fans and a single Ml pro 140mm white led. I currently have an air cooler which I will upgrade with the Hydro Series™ H115i RGB PLATINUM 280mm. So I will use the AIO as intake, with the 140mm ML PRO RGB fans that come in box in pull configuration. I have also ordered a Commander PRO and I was planning to connect on it, one ML Pro 120mm LED (white) and one ML Pro 140mm LED (white). Will it be possible to control through the commander pro (and iCue) the speed of the simple ML Pro (non-RGB) fans and do you maybe know if I can adjust any lightning effects, or those vary depending on the fan speed?

Old 11-05-2019, 06:46 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023159
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

The Commander Pro is a 6 fan speed controller, plus a RGB Lighting Controller (Lighting Node Pro) in one package. The fan speed control will work with almost any fan 3 DC or 4 pin PWM, including your ML-LED. However, the lighting system is only for the Corsair RGB fans (ML-RGB, HD, LL, SP-RGB). Your ML-LED fans are single color bulbs and not capable of doing anything else, although frankly I miss the simplicity of my my all white ML-LED set-up.

You landed in the Link section for the former internal device control program. If you are interested in information about how the RGB systems work, take a look in the iCUE section of the forum, starting with the link below.

Zotty's Guide

Old 11-06-2019, 03:50 AM
GregHouse21's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023191
GregHouse21 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
The Commander Pro is a 6 fan speed controller, plus a RGB Lighting Controller (Lighting Node Pro) in one package. The fan speed control will work with almost any fan 3 DC or 4 pin PWM, including your ML-LED. However, the lighting system is only for the Corsair RGB fans (ML-RGB, HD, LL, SP-RGB). Your ML-LED fans are single color bulbs and not capable of doing anything else, although frankly I miss the simplicity of my my all white ML-LED set-up.

You landed in the Link section for the former internal device control program. If you are interested in information about how the RGB systems work, take a look in the iCUE section of the forum, starting with the link below.

Zotty's Guide
THank you for your reply!