Corsair Community

Corsair H100i Cracked Tubing (RMA: #6222047)

leoxtxt

It's my second unit already and both suffered from the same SERIOUS problem and on top of that the LEDs didn't last more than 2-3 months, my RMA has already been accepted (#6222047) but i don't think i will risk my system again, it possible to exchange it for a H110 ?, the lack of QC on the H100i is unacceptable.

http://i.imgur.com/TFliODel.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LN7JXgfl.jpg

Those are just cosmetic rings.. If you want to have you unit replaced ,you still can, but they have no bearing on the function of the cooler.

it possible to exchange it for a H110 ?,

I'm sorry, they can only RMA for the same exact product. So you would get anpother H100i

I don't think it's a lack of QC. I suspect the units were fine leaving the factory. It may be, rather, an engineering issue with choice of materials regarding composition or installation techniques. As Peanutz said, they may be cosmetic in nature only and don't contribute to the integrity of the system.

Has anyone peeled these covers off to see what they actually do?

I don't think it's a lack of QC. I suspect the units were fine leaving the factory. It may be, rather, an engineering issue with choice of materials regarding composition or installation techniques. As Peanutz said, they may be cosmetic in nature only and don't contribute to the integrity of the system.

Has anyone peeled these covers off to see what they actually do?

If it is cosmetic or not its not my problem, its my second unit already with the same type problem, certainly i will not try for a third time, too risky when you have 3 x GTX 780, besides that i'm fed up with the LED issues and the noisy fans (although i understand there is a new PWM version of the SP120L).

If it is cosmetic or not its not my problem, its my second unit already with the same type problem, certainly i will not try for a third time, too risky when you have 3 x GTX 780, besides that i'm fed up with the LED issues and the noisy fans (although i understand there is a new PWM version of the SP120L).

Change your case and go vertical so that nothing will drip on your video cards in case of a leak. I worry about stuff like that too since I spend a lot of money on this hobby. I would ask for a replacement, sell it once you get it and buy yourself what you want...

Change your case and go vertical so that nothing will drip on your video cards in case of a leak. I worry about stuff like that too since I spend a lot of money on this hobby. I would ask for a replacement, sell it once you get it and buy yourself what you want...

I've a 900d, i don't think i will ever need a new case.

I will just wait and see what the RMA department has to say, if they refuse to exchange the H100i - > H110 i will probably sell it and go for a custom loop, i won't gamble with 2000$ worth of graphics cards, i don't buy the "cosmetic" excuse, there shouldn't be any cracks on the tubing, 2 units, same issue, thats enough for me.

i won't gamble with 2000$ worth of graphics cards, i don't buy the "cosmetic" excuse, there shouldn't be any cracks on the tubing, 2 units, same issue, thats enough for me.

be advised going with a custom loop your compounding your chances of problems ten fold.,not to mention regular maintenance among other responsibilities and if you pop a leak,,your on your own

i don't buy the "cosmetic" excuse, there shouldn't be any cracks on the tubing, 2 units, same issue, thats enough for me.

Well , that is an official answer. You don't have to buy it, thats your prerogative., but anyone else who reads this threads should be aware that they have no bearing on the hose connection itself. Even if they were removed completely the chance of a leak is no greater than if they were brand new .

Well , that is an official answer. You don't have to buy it, thats your prerogative., but anyone else who reads this threads should be aware that they have no bearing on the hose connection itself. Even if they were removed completely the chance of a leak is no greater than if they were brand new .

Yea right, the official answer is that the cracking on the tubing is a cosmetic feature...i should be thankful that my RMA request was accepted considering "there is nothing wrong with the product".

ps: Anyone else who reads this thread should take big a look at the photos and ask themselves if they want that "cosmetic feature" on their rigs because i clearly don't.

* You don't have to sell me how good Corsair is (if thats your function here) and how secure their products are, i trust them as company otherwise i wouldn't be asking to exchange the h100i < - > h110, i owned -two- H100i and both had the same type of cracking on the tubing, as i said before i won't try for a third time.

Yea right, the official answer is that the cracking on the tubing is a cosmetic feature...i should be thankful that my RMA request was accepted considering "there is nothing wrong with the product".

First off lets put thing straight ...the cracking itself is not cosmetic, but the rubber rings are.

And as far as your RMA is concerned, EVERYONE who applies for an RMA is granted one as long as your product is still under warranty. . They did not do it specifically because there is anything wrong. Most of the RMA system is automated and 99% of the RMA applications are auto approved by the system. Corsair would much rather just replace a product to err on the side of caution to keep the end user happy.

It has been stated in these forums many times that they are just to hide the crimping. The cooler will not leak even if they were completely removed .Your making a bigger deal out of this than what it really is. There has not been one documented leak as a result of the caps cracking.

I understand the "cosmetic" factor may bother you and thats fine. It's your system and you have the right to be choosy about it. But don't suggest to others that these are going to fail because of these cracks when you have no proof to back it up. If you do some searching there are a few more threads of these cracks, but not one of them was a leak involved.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=121793

originally posted by RamGuy:

It is a known issue and it is just a cap so it looks nicer or it is supposed to. The hose will not fail.

But if you like please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace it

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=120418&highlight=cracks

• 2 weeks later...
I feel obligated to comment that my exchange request has been approved, Corsair did me a favor exchanging the H100i - > H110, i'm still disappointed with the H100i but the customer support was great, in fact they sent me by mistake another H100i and instead of waiting for me to send it back they shipped right away the correct unit (H110).

I've a 900d, i don't think i will ever need a new case.

I will just wait and see what the RMA department has to say, if they refuse to exchange the H100i - > H110 i will probably sell it and go for a custom loop, i won't gamble with 2000$ worth of graphics cards, i don't buy the "cosmetic" excuse, there shouldn't be any cracks on the tubing, 2 units, same issue, thats enough for me.

Corsair offered me an H110 because they was out of the H100i, but i wasn't sure how the install would go in my Thor II case, plus I had just bought two Corsair SP fans to replace the stock fans so I declined and will wait for another h100i since my problem is basic cosmetic with the LED issue and a grinding pump on cold boots, but still cools just fine!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I seem to have same problem as OP. The tips of tubing's in my h100i have cracked.

This problem had scared me enough that i had to remove the h100i and put back my stock heat sink.

Question can i have my h100i replaced? it had been only a few months since i purchased my h100i.

Under the RMA what is the "select problem description" of this problem?

Question can i have my h100i replaced? it had been only a few months since i purchased my h100i.

Yes, you can. And as stated many times in this thread they are just a cosmetic piece to cover the factory crimping. They will not cause a leak and there is no reason you couldn't continue to use the cooler.

Just use the link to the left to request an RMA.

Hello,

I seem to have same problem as OP. The tips of tubing's in my h100i have cracked.

This problem had scared me enough that i had to remove the h100i and put back my stock heat sink.

Under the RMA what is the "select problem description" of this problem?

Select any problem description. Just be clear in the notes.

Select any problem description. Just be clear in the notes.

where do i write the notes i already have submitted a ticket and recieved an RMA# 6355396.

i selected a problem "The product's radiator mount holes are stripped." is this ok?

they have already given me an address where to ship. what do i send? can i just send the h100i in its original box for shipping?

can i just ship it now with-out talking with customer support?

Archived