Corsair Community

questions about the Corsair Neutron Series 256GB

sammysmith

Hello. I have ordered:

'Corsair Neutron Series 256GB (6Gb/s) SATA 3 Exclusive LAMD LM87800 Synchronous 2.5-Inch SSD CSSD-N256GB3-BK'

Right now I have a plextor 120GB SSD (system). My system can only do SATA ll, is the Corsair Neutron backwards compatible? will I be able to clone from the plextor to the Neutron without having to reinstall the OS, making the new SSD, Neutron the default OS System drive? If I can are there any tools on the net that can do this? I do have EaseUS Partition Master 9.2.2 but I'm not sure if it can do SSDs. Thank You for your answers

Hello. I have ordered:

'Corsair Neutron Series 256GB (6Gb/s) SATA 3 Exclusive LAMD LM87800 Synchronous 2.5-Inch SSD CSSD-N256GB3-BK'

Right now I have a plextor 120GB SSD (system). My system can only do SATA ll, is the Corsair Neutron backwards compatible? will I be able to clone from the plextor to the Neutron without having to reinstall the OS, making the new SSD, Neutron the default OS System drive? If I can are there any tools on the net that can do this? I do have EaseUS Partition Master 9.2.2 but I'm not sure if it can do SSDs. Thank You for your answers

corsair has ssd cloning kits

http://www.corsair.com/us/ssd/ssd-accessories/ssd-and-hard-disk-drive-cloning-kit.html

Archived