Corsair Community

K70 RGB random crash

Psytex

This has probably already been asked, but I couldn't find any threads about this particular problem.

Well I got my K70 RGB keyboard today and its nice to finally have a mechanical keyboard, and I'm really digging all the light options you can use, but for some reason sometimes the light just freeze, if I'm typing with the typing light mode on and the software/keyboard crashes, the colors just freeze and stay that way until I either unplug the cable and reconnect it or change the bios.

I've installed the newest firmware so why does it crash randomly?

Yes my motherboard's BIOS is up-to-date, but it seems like connecting both USB's to USB2 ports have resolved the problem, I encountered 3 crashes within an hour when only one USB was connected to a USB3 port, but I've had my keyboard connected to 2 USB2 ports for several hours now without a single crash.

I am having this problem where my keyboard lights freeze up and the software nor hardware can reset the lights, example the disable lighting switch in the corsair utility tool (software) or the light brightness button (hardware).

The only way I can get the keyboard to reset is by unplugging the two usb cables and plugging them back in, is this a fault in the software or my keyboard specifically (hardware). should I get a refund?

regards ransdsie

Please reply:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I am having this problem where my keyboard lights freeze up and the software nor hardware can reset the lights, example the disable lighting switch in the corsair utility tool (software) or the light brightness button (hardware).

The only way I can get the keyboard to reset is by unplugging the two usb cables and plugging them back in, is this a fault in the software or my keyboard specifically (hardware). should I get a refund?

regards ransdsie

What are your computer specs?

It's probably a problem with the software/firmware, not the hardware of the keyboard.

regards ransdsie

I have this issue as well. If I reboot it's fine again, but after a while it freezes again :mad:

I have this issue as well. If I reboot it's fine again, but after a while it freezes again :mad:

Same issue here. Still haven't pinpointed if there's a specific cause yet. If I catch it quickly, then ill be sure to check the program log, and post results.

Someone said it could be the CAP lock button

No, has nothing to do with that. I'm spamming the caps lock button, and it's not breaking. My guess is a program is conflicting somehow when it loads, due to Corsairs bad implementation of the CUE software. The whole thing needs a recode. Not an interface change (Like some people have been saying)...because the options are damn-near perfection...but it needs a recode, so it's not so crash happy.

Same issue here. Still haven't pinpointed if there's a specific cause yet. If I catch it quickly, then ill be sure to check the program log, and post results.

Signed up to the forum just to post the same thing. I've had my K70 RGB for about 3 weeks now and everyone once in awhile it'll just freeze. The keys will still work and such, but the lights will stay frozen and requires me to reboot. Today it froze twice and I had to shut down my PC because the keyboard wasn't responding to the restart.

I will post my computer specs when I have a spare moment, until then I would be grateful to see some sort of input on this issue from a corsair official.

Regards randsie

There are previous posts about most of these issues. There was also a post that a patch is coming soon. BIOS updates are very important so if you haven't done this or checked to see if yours is up to date you need to do so. I have plugged my keyboard into all 3 of my computers and its worked flawlessly. There are some bugs with certain components and software but from what I have seen Corsair has been pretty diligent about getting fixes.

Signed up to the forum just to post the same thing. I've had my K70 RGB for about 3 weeks now and everyone once in awhile it'll just freeze. The keys will still work and such, but the lights will stay frozen and requires me to reboot. Today it froze twice and I had to shut down my PC because the keyboard wasn't responding to the restart.

Have you noticed if it seems to be doing this when multiple windows are open? What are you doing when it freezes?

Give some details. When do you notice the crash? Is there a pattern? Are you using Steam? Have you tried it on another computer? List your specs. Have you had problems from day one or is this recent?

I havent noticed any specific pattern. When it crashes, the leds still lights up but stops moving. On good day I can still type. On bad day I cant type anything at all.

I'm literally typing these now with the "light" parts being malfunctioned. at least the "typing" part is still functioning...

Archived