Corsair Community

H100i firmware issue

aNuclearPigeon

Hi

So I bought a H100i and installed into my rig yesterday. At first it was performing well (At least I thought so since the fans were running fine)

I decide to install the CorsairLink 2 software to give myself more control over the fanspeeds. However, in order for CorsairLink 2 to work with the H100i I have to connect the cooler to the motherboard via USB and update the firmware.

Problem arises here. Once I update the firmware the fans immediately accelerate. I check the list of devices to see if the Corsair H100i and the Corsair Hydro USB listed; it isn't there. I attempt to re-apply the firmware but this time the firmware update dialog box comes up with a message saying "Status: H80i/H100i not connected!"

Now I've checked the USB and it's making contact with the motherboard. I've made sure there is power going to the cooler (fans are running from it via given splitters). I've come to the conclusion that this is most likely a software issue and I'm wondering if there is any solutions for it at the moment?

For a temporary solution I can plug the stock fans onto my case directly so that I can control each fan seperately reducing the noise created.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look in Device Manager, do you see any entries listed as "Unknown Device"?

Disconnect any non-used USB devices and see if it helps.

Latest BIOS and chipset drivers?

Have you tried a various USB headers on the motherboard?

I'll update the BIOS later since it just makes the motherboard compatible with Windows 8.

Yep, I've tried all avaliable headers on the motherboard.

I've deleted an Unknown Device under Other devices. Any other tricks you got?

Try this:

• Exit Link s/w.
  • Press ALt-Ctl-Del and select Task Manager.
  • Once Task Manager is up an running, click the Services tab.
  • On that screen in the bottom right corner you will see a Services button.
  • Press the Services button and and new windows pops up.
  • scroll down until you find Sierra2Service.
  • Right click on Sierra2Service and select either Start or Restart
  • Then run the Link s/w and that should detect the H100i again.

I had to do that a couple of times.

• Corsair Employee

FYI

We will have a new version of Corsair Link Software that will address this issue soon. Probably after the first of the year.

Can give an ETA yet as it is has not cleared internal Beta testing yet, once it has then we will release it in Beta to a few users here and see how it goes.

FYI

We will have a new version of Corsair Link Software that will address this issue soon. Probably after the first of the year.

Can give an ETA yet as it is has not cleared internal Beta testing yet, once it has then we will release it in Beta to a few users here and see how it goes.

Well in the mean time, this sucks, since neither of the suggestions I got here worked (and Corsair support hasn't returned my email yet).

• Corsair Employee

In the mean time we have updated the thread about doing the update!

New firmware is available for both the H100i and H80i products that address two issues that have been reported by some users.

1.) Fan noise - By adjusting the PWM frequency used to control the fan speed the fan vibration at lower speeds will no longer cause excessive noise that some users have experienced.

2.) Digital Link Connection - Full functionality of the H100i and H80i through software using the Digital Link connection to a Commander unit. Those with Corsair Link Cooling/Cooling and Lighting kits can plug the I series units directly into the Commander.

New Corsair Link Dashboard software (Version 2.2.0) is also available that accompanies the firmware updates for these products. But please uninstall any installed version and reboot and then install version 2.1.1 prior to updating the firmware on the H80i and H100i units so that you will have full functionality of the units after the flash. and after you uninstall version 2.1.1 and reboot and then install Version 2.2.0.

Corsair Link Dashboard software version 2.1.1 can be downloaded here.

Corsair Link Dashboard software version 2.2.0 can be downloaded here.

H100i firmware version 1.0.4 can be downloaded here. Unzip before flashing. (Please use Software Version 2.1.1 to do the firmware update see note bellow)

H80i firmware version 1.0.4 can be downloaded here. Unzip before flashing.

NOTE: Please do not do this firmware if you are not having an issue...

Please note that in order to the Firmware update you will need to uninstall the current version and reboot and install [url="Corsair Link Dashboard software version 2.2.0 can be downloaded here."]Version 2.1.1.[/url] to do the Firmware update.

Please make sure to uninstall the older Corsair Link software then reboot the system before installing version 2.2.0

Does someone knows what to do when you cant update the firmware?

The program blocks in version 2.1.1 and closes the program.

In version 2.2 the program says: Status H80i/H100i not connected!.

I'd worked fine before I try to update the firmware...

I have a H100i installed.

FYI

so i just installed my new h100i tonight and updated firmware to try and fix fan issue and now its not working tried all the fixes on the forms nothing the pump is working and i have my fans hooked up to a fan controller so there not at 100% will this beta be fixing these bricked h100i's or should i pay to have it RMA

Archived