The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2019, 07:02 PM

POST ID # = 1019898
jpdsc Reputation: 10
Default Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

Corsair,

Some feedback on the Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE.

Feedback/Issues open
  1. [jpdsc] - There should be a percentage indicator for the battery instead of text
  2. [jpdsc] - The battery icon in the taskbar is white; if you are using the latest Windows 10 build in light mode; the icon is very difficult to see
  3. [jpdsc] - There should be more settings for the mic. Don't get me wrong; the mic is good, however, sometimes it sounds like I am talking inside a can (probably tuna)
  4. [jpdsc] - I cannot find anywhere what kind of charger I can use to charge the headset. I had the same issue with the Logitech wireless mouse; even their customer support were unable to inform me. Perhaps an idea to let us know if a non-fast charger 2.1a is suitable to charge the headset
  5. [jpdsc] - When charging the headset with a USB cable to a wall plug and the USB dongle or PC is off; the microphone red light keeps blinking and the headset does not go in standby. It will only go in standby when the charging USB cable is unplugged
  6. [KBhamm] - Sometimes Left and right Earcups are switched in sound. Headset off and on helps on this.
  7. [KBhamm] - If the headset is off and i join teamspeak and turn it on Teamspeak wont recognise the mic. Close TS and rejoin the server fixes this.
  8. [KBhamm] - Dolby atmos doesnt work with the corsair Drivers. (its a shame let us use what we want :) ) we bought the license you have to pay nothing to dolby then.
  9. [KBhamm] - Sometimes the microphone is off and clearly RED indicated but the sidetone works still
  10. [KBhamm][TWP] - Corsair 7.1 sounds like taking a shower and the sound has an underwater effect
  11. [BeatByte] - Sounds loweres when either out of focus or in fullscreen games. More info: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=1020434
  12. [jpdsc] - If the headset is in standby and coming out of standby; the sound is really low. A reboot is needed to fix.
  13. [jpdsc] - We should be able to see the current battery level when charging.
  14. [badomen24] - I find that after a little while of usage in a game the sound goes all crackle-y - I further noticed tonight that when it did that, the light on the USB dongle was no longer lit up. I am going to try it in another usb port and see if maybe that is what is causing it. [Multiple reports]
  15. [jpdsc] - When the headset is off with a different output chosen and you turn on the headset again; the microphone volume is lowered to 70% instead of staying on 100%. Also, it occurs that the volume from the previous output is chosen.
  16. [jpdsc] - If the headset is taking out of standby with the microphone muted and you join Teamspeak (only tested Teamspeak) and you enable the mic > Teamspeak needs to be restarted for the microphone to work.

Feedback/Issues closed
  1. [Fixed 11/10/2019 update][KBhamm] - Headset wont go into standby if it is plugged overnight on an PC usb port -> empty headset next day,
  2. [Fixed 11/10/2019 update][antlun] - Does the headset charge with USB power? It doesn't seem to be enough. More info: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=190681

Firmware updates: (DD/MM/YYYY)
  1. [11/10/2019] - Fixes the charging issue where the headset battery would die if plugged in via the USB cable when the computer was off or in sleep and the USB port was not providing power.

Last edited by jpdsc; 10-16-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:49 PM
KBhamm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019902
KBhamm Reputation: 10

I wanted to make the same thread.

- Sometimes Left and right Earcups are switched in sound. Headset off and on helps on this.
- If the headset is off and i join teamspeak and turn it on Teamspeak wont recognise the mic. Close TS and rejoin the server fixes this.
- Dolby atmos doesnt work with the corsair Drivers. (its a shame let us use what we want :) ) we bought the license you have to pay nothing to dolby then.
- Headset wont go into standby if it is plugged overnight on an PC usb port -> empty headset next day
-sometimes the microphone is off and clearly RED indicated but the sidetone works still
- corsair 7.1 sounds like taking a shower and the sound has an underwater effect

All this issues are only with the corsair drivers. The teamspeak bug is with windows and Corsair drivers. Without the corsair driver i have only the Teamspeak issue. The downside is automatic Standby wont work anymore.

Old 10-02-2019, 04:00 AM

POST ID # = 1019933

Thanks.

I added your feedback.

Old 10-05-2019, 02:26 PM

POST ID # = 1020359
Pottsepp Reputation: 10

While not a bug it would be awesome if you could create a macro or a command in iCue for a keyboard button so you could turn surround sound on and off. I also found out that the ear padding is removable by pushing it down and turning. One of the most annoying issues at the moment for me seems to be that the headset can only be charged while the computer is on, I've tried having the headset connected in both wireless and wired mode but it wont charge when the computer is turned off.

Old 10-05-2019, 02:27 PM

POST ID # = 1020360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsepp View Post
While not a bug it would be awesome if you could create a macro or a command in iCue for a keyboard button so you could turn surround sound on and off. I also found out that the ear padding is removable by pushing it down and turning. One of the most annoying issues at the moment for me seems to be that the headset can only be charged while the computer is on, I've tried having the headset connected in both wireless and wired mode but it wont charge when the computer is turned off.
Just charge it with a mobile phone charger ;-). Non-fast charge

Old 10-07-2019, 03:05 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1020589
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Thanks guys for putting this list together, it really helps in terms of tracking feedback from all of you. I'll continue to monitor this thread, providing all the info to our dev team to review, and see what we can address in a timely manner. As updates roll out, our team will chime in and inform you.

Old 10-07-2019, 03:24 PM

POST ID # = 1020594

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBhamm View Post
I wanted to make the same thread.

- Sometimes Left and right Earcups are switched in sound. Headset off and on helps on this.
- If the headset is off and i join teamspeak and turn it on Teamspeak wont recognise the mic. Close TS and rejoin the server fixes this.
- Dolby atmos doesnt work with the corsair Drivers. (its a shame let us use what we want :) ) we bought the license you have to pay nothing to dolby then.
- Headset wont go into standby if it is plugged overnight on an PC usb port -> empty headset next day
-sometimes the microphone is off and clearly RED indicated but the sidetone works still
- corsair 7.1 sounds like taking a shower and the sound has an underwater effect

All this issues are only with the corsair drivers. The teamspeak bug is with windows and Corsair drivers. Without the corsair driver i have only the Teamspeak issue. The downside is automatic Standby wont work anymore.
Regarding: - If the headset is off and i join teamspeak and turn it on Teamspeak wont recognise the mic. Close TS and rejoin the server fixes this.

The issue is not with Corsair but with TS3. I tried with my old USB headset and same issue.
You do not need to restart TS, just go to

Tools > Options > Capture and change the capture device to default and back to the USB one or USB to default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
Thanks guys for putting this list together, it really helps in terms of tracking feedback from all of you. I'll continue to monitor this thread, providing all the info to our dev team to review, and see what we can address in a timely manner. As updates roll out, our team will chime in and inform you.
No worries, I will add more feedback when I see it.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:42 PM

POST ID # = 1020609
TWP Reputation: 10

Just to add my own observations with the headset:

- The microphone does not want to work in USB mode. When I switch it to wireless mode, the microphone will then work (this is a Windows 10 machine with the 1903 update).

- I briefly had an instance where the sound would only play out of one side in USB mode. Switching to wireless and then back to USB seemed to correct the issue.

- As already mentioned, the 7.1 surround sound mode in the iCUE software is very distorted.

Old 10-08-2019, 10:31 AM
KBhamm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020680
KBhamm Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdsc View Post
Regarding: - If the headset is off and i join teamspeak and turn it on Teamspeak wont recognise the mic. Close TS and rejoin the server fixes this.

The issue is not with Corsair but with TS3. I tried with my old USB headset and same issue.
You do not need to restart TS, just go to

Tools > Options > Capture and change the capture device to default and back to the USB one or USB to default.

No worries, I will add more feedback when I see it.
That's not correct :P other mics work fine and it is only if the virtuoso mic is off at the time I join the ts. I tried it with the settings before sometimes I have to restart the virtuoso up to 3 times until I have a mic on ts. Ingame chat works fine every time. It's only in wireless mode.

Old 10-08-2019, 03:42 PM

POST ID # = 1020699

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBhamm View Post
That's not correct :P other mics work fine and it is only if the virtuoso mic is off at the time I join the ts. I tried it with the settings before sometimes I have to restart the virtuoso up to 3 times until I have a mic on ts. Ingame chat works fine every time. It's only in wireless mode.
Tried it again today and indeed, the issue only occurs with the Corsair one.
I forgot I still had the Corsair also connected

Old 10-08-2019, 04:23 PM

POST ID # = 1020707
makkish Reputation: 10

Quote:
[jpdsc] - If the headset is in standby and coming out of standby; the sound is really low. A reboot is needed to fix.
+1 on this!

Old 10-09-2019, 05:54 PM
GodHand14's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020831
GodHand14 Reputation: 10
Default Headset Response Issues

Hi Corsair,

I've had my Virtuoso RGB Wireless headphones for about a week now and I've been having some weird issues.

The main problem has been that it seems like every other time I boot up my PC my headset won't connect to the wireless dongle. I turn on my PC and the dongle light flashes red. My first thought was that the battery was low so I plugged it up via USB-C to USB to my PC and there was no reaction. No lights or anything that indicated that it was charging or that it was getting power. I tried different ports on my PC, different cables, even tried plugging it into the outlet I use to charge my phone. Still nothing.

What ends up happening is in iCUE I go to the headset (which shows unavailable) and I try the "USB Wireless Receiver Pairing" option about 10-15 times and eventually, by some type of magic it seems, the headset finally lights up and connects to the dongle. I'm not sure what the issue is. The first time this happened the battery was about medium life (according to the gauge in the system taskbar) and the second time I left them charging connected to my PC while I got some work done, I go to use them and the same thing happens. Only this time they connect and the battery is critical somehow. And I just went through this a third time today.

Any ideas as to what could be happening? I love this headset but this is a very annoying 30 min process to go through every other time I want to use them. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1020837
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

What happens if you try performing the "Force Firmware Update" in iCUE? Do you experience the same disconnect behavior when connected to a different PC/Laptop?

Old 10-09-2019, 07:43 PM
GodHand14's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020841
GodHand14 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
What happens if you try performing the "Force Firmware Update" in iCUE? Do you experience the same disconnect behavior when connected to a different PC/Laptop?
I haven't tried a different PC yet. They are working properly at the moment. But I just forced an update anyway and it did update. Will update here if the problem continues to happen beyond today. Thanks.

Old 10-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Pezturbator's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020845
Pezturbator Reputation: 10

My Virtuoso RGB SE is not powering on after a power outage. It was being charged via USB-C from the pc. The dongle is flashing red but the headset refuses to power on thru wireless or cable.