Corsair Community

Lighting Profile not automatically applied

FolkMold

I have a Corsair Gaming K70 RGB keyboard. Using the CUE, I've set up a lighting profile.

The thing is whenever I turn on the computer, it applies the built-in red backlights with white WASD and arrowkeys. It stays on this built-in profile until I open up the software. As soon as I open up the CUE, my lighting profile is applied and I can close the CUE window and my lighting profile remains active.

I've currently got the CUE shortcut in my Startup folder, so it begins automatically, but I'd prefer to have just load into the taskbar instead of opening a window. So is there a way to

1. have a program startup in the background and remain minimized, or

2. get my computer to apply the lighting profile without having to open up the software?

(BTW, when I right-click>Exit on the CUE taskbar icon, it returns to the red/white stock profile. Presumably this is normal behavior?)

I have a Corsair Gaming K70 RGB keyboard. Using the CUE, I've set up a lighting profile.

The thing is whenever I turn on the computer, it applies the built-in red backlights with white WASD and arrowkeys. It stays on this built-in profile until I open up the software. As soon as I open up the CUE, my lighting profile is applied and I can close the CUE window and my lighting profile remains active.

I've currently got the CUE shortcut in my Startup folder, so it begins automatically, but I'd prefer to have just load into the taskbar instead of opening a window. So is there a way to

1. have a program startup in the background and remain minimized, or

2. get my computer to apply the lighting profile without having to open up the software?

(BTW, when I right-click>Exit on the CUE taskbar icon, it returns to the red/white stock profile. Presumably this is normal behavior?)

When CUE is NOT running it will display the profile saved in device.

Save your profile to device,(DOESN'T SAVE THE ANIMATION)This will change the red default profile to the one you saved when the system boots up or when C.U.E. not running.

C.U.E. software start with windows when installed no need to put it in the start folder, " Unless you disabled it in start with computer settings".

When you have CUE running right click on the Corsair icon in the notification box (arrow up next to clock) and select a Manual Profile or to Automatic Profile Switching. scroll down if you can't see Automatic Profile Switching

hope this helps. :biggrin:

Thanks, that was exactly what I needed. I saved my lighting profile to the device and it stays on when CUE is not running.

I thought the circuit-board logo was a proper built-in demo thing or something. Turns out it just meant the saved profile. Thanks again.

Archived