Corsair Community

2x CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 kits (2x2x4GB) on a GA-MA790FXT-UD5P errors

goose182

I picked up two CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 kits on sale and they're listed as compatible with my Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P mobo. When I put in all 4 I get BSODs and Memtest shows a bunch of errors.

I've tested each module solo and in the pairs and they're fine and stable with no errors in Memtest. I've also tested just using 3 of the 4 sticks and I get no errors in that scenario either.

So it's all about filling that 4th slot. Don't think the memory is bad given that in some combination each module passed the tests. So are there some settings in the BIOS that I can adjust to get this working?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Is never recommended to mix two sets of memory and Corsair does not support or suggest mixing kits either. Memory is packaged and sold as one kit per MB. Even two kits of the exact same pat number have a great chance of not working together at all or rated speed.

You should have bought a matched 16 gig kit instead of two 8's.

One thing you can try is to lower the frequency to 1066mhz and see if it becomes stable that way. But from what you have posted above it looks like it's just the two kits are not going to play well with each other.

Archived