Corsair Community

Anybody else getting higher CPU usage with ICUE?

Zeejay

I recently switched from the latest CUE version to ICUE to give it a try with far cry 5. And yeah I understand that it's early access.

I seem to be getting constant CPU usage even when the computer is idle. It's only a tiny amount but it keeps the CPU from being able to idle down all the way.

This is the exact same problem I had with Corsair Link when I was using it. I've never had this issue with the standard CUE. I wonder if It has something to do with integrating link.

The CPU usage on my system is pretty low. ~1-3%, at least when I looked. It could vary based on your CPU, how many Corsair accessories that you are using, and many other factors.

iCue does monitor HW performance as well as running processes. It has to do the later as you can link applications with different profiles.

It uses a lot less CPU than Gigabyte's Fusion has at sometimes used ~20% of my CPU for no reason I can think of.

IMO, if you are looking for a zero impact solution for managing your Corsair devices, iCue is not what you are looking for. iCue is a management, monitoring, and reporting tool that, by design, will require a minimal level of cpu usage. I have to say that thus far it is one of the lowest cpu impact programs for monitoring I have tested, and it does so much more than just monitoring. So I believe they have shrunk the resource usage as low as realistically possible for what it is designed to do.

Archived