The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 130 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-17-2015, 03:44 PM

POST ID # = 760958
crankshaft Reputation: 10

Is there a program for Corsair M65 RGB mouse for mac as good as this one?

Old 02-18-2015, 04:38 AM
Linux/OSX driver

POST ID # = 761075
MSC Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybear View Post
Hello. I'm new here and use Ubuntu Linux more than I do Windows, so this is exciting. Where in this long thread does one find the driver to download? Is it hard to install or compile? Are there instructions for this in this thread or somewhere? Thanks.
It's at the GitHub link in the first post (sorry - I've edited it to clarify that). It should be fairly straightforward; you just need to run a couple of terminal commands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Is there a program for Corsair M65 RGB mouse for mac as good as this one?
Not that I'm aware of, sorry.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:42 PM
CorpNewt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 761520
CorpNewt Reputation: 10

The key repeats appear to be fixed! I also love the fact that I don't have to run a script to swap the command and option keys. Out of curiosity, why in CKB do you have it swap the control and command keys? Everything is working very well though! Thanks again!

Old 02-20-2015, 03:08 AM
Linux/OSX driver

POST ID # = 761544

Mostly it's just a convenience for people like me who are used to Windows/Linux style shortcuts and don't want to change :P

You can also swap them in the Binding tab, of course, but then you have to do it for every mode in every profile. And if you copy one of those profiles from an OSX machine to a Linux machine (not currently possible, but will be eventually) then they'd be backwards in Linux. So the motivation is being able to change the modifiers in a way that supersedes the keyboard profile, basically. In a future version I'll extend it so that you can swap any of the modifiers, not just Cmd and Ctrl.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:32 AM
CorpNewt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 761814

Would you mind just adding another checkbox, or some way to swap the command and option keys? That way it functions like a standard mac keyboard. Either way, switching the keybindings manually isn't that difficult.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:59 AM

POST ID # = 762053
roci89 Reputation: 10

I'm wondering if this driver will solve a problem i'm having with the k90RGB? It only responds one out of every ten times I log into Linux

Old 02-23-2015, 01:04 AM
crazybear's PC Specs

POST ID # = 762176
crazybear Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
It's at the GitHub link in the first post (sorry - I've edited it to clarify that). It should be fairly straightforward; you just need to run a couple of terminal commands.

OK, see that now...sorry I missed it. Before I embark on this [as I mostly use Linux/Ubuntu] let me say that my older K95 functioned a a basic keyboard in Ubuntu w/o problem..but I RMA's it and now have a K95-RGB which is NOT working in Linux much of the time....some keys [or all keys] stop working suddenly...before I go this route with your wonderful project - is my new board in need of your program or to first be RMA'd again?! When it freezes up and stops giving key commands it also on turning off the computer stays lit up like a Christmas tree and sometimes spontaneously goes into nice patterns I didn't ask it to do. Nothing but unplugging it will stop this. Whether it works at all; for a while; or not at all in Ubuntu seems to be chance and can change while working - with no seeming change to programs or keyboard. Very strange behavior - even the brightness keys don't work when it goes 'odd'. Any thoughts. If it is buggy, it will be with your progam too, most likely. Thanks and thanks for your project. It is the way to go...for many / all reasons!

Last edited by crazybear; 02-23-2015 at 01:07 AM.

Old 02-23-2015, 03:59 AM
Linux/OSX driver

POST ID # = 762188

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpNewt View Post
Would you mind just adding another checkbox, or some way to swap the command and option keys? That way it functions like a standard mac keyboard. Either way, switching the keybindings manually isn't that difficult.
Yeah, like I said, I'll include settings to swap all of them. Should be finished in a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roci89 View Post
I'm wondering if this driver will solve a problem i'm having with the k90RGB? It only responds one out of every ten times I log into Linux
Definitely should. You may need to apply the kernel parameters listed in the troubleshooting section, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybear View Post
OK, see that now...sorry I missed it. Before I embark on this [as I mostly use Linux/Ubuntu] let me say that my older K95 functioned a a basic keyboard in Ubuntu w/o problem..but I RMA's it and now have a K95-RGB which is NOT working in Linux much of the time....some keys [or all keys] stop working suddenly...before I go this route with your wonderful project - is my new board in need of your program or to first be RMA'd again?! When it freezes up and stops giving key commands it also on turning off the computer stays lit up like a Christmas tree and sometimes spontaneously goes into nice patterns I didn't ask it to do. Nothing but unplugging it will stop this. Whether it works at all; for a while; or not at all in Ubuntu seems to be chance and can change while working - with no seeming change to programs or keyboard. Very strange behavior - even the brightness keys don't work when it goes 'odd'. Any thoughts. If it is buggy, it will be with your progam too, most likely. Thanks and thanks for your project. It is the way to go...for many / all reasons!
If it has those problems in Windows with CUE running then it most likely needs to be RMA'd again. If they're limited to Linux then this driver should solve them.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:14 AM

POST ID # = 762234
Penetal Reputation: 10
Lightbulb Arch linux User Repository Package

Hey,
just wanted to thank you for the awesome work.
When I get home I will change the .desktop entry a little (category fix and logo change), but I wanted to let you know I made an AUR package for your driver package called ckb-git.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:36 AM

POST ID # = 762399
crankshaft Reputation: 10

What is the difference from the other one?

Old 02-25-2015, 02:32 AM
Linux/OSX driver

POST ID # = 762564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penetal View Post
Hey,
just wanted to thank you for the awesome work.
When I get home I will change the .desktop entry a little (category fix and logo change), but I wanted to let you know I made an AUR package for your driver package called ckb-git.

Thanks, I appreciate it :)
Might want to add libudev (or libsystemd, which has replaced it) to the dependencies, btw - I expect everyone has it already, but you can't be too careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
What is the difference from the other one?
Other one..?
If you're talking about CUE, it's Windows-only, whereas ckb is for Mac and Linux.

So, the latest version of ckb now includes global remapping for all of the modifier keys, like I said. I also added the ability to launch custom programs, which (with a bit of work) can be used to simulate key macros or other advanced inputs. Look up xdotool on Linux or AppleScript on Mac to see some examples of how to program key commands. I'll build macros in to ckb eventually, but using an external program is a handy workaround for now.

With ckb nearing a "beta" status pretty soon, I wanted to ask a couple of open questions for you guys:

1. What do you think of ckb's auto-save system? Do you like it that way, or would you prefer it used a manual save instead (maybe a save/revert button on the left)?
2. On a related note, do you think an undo/redo system would be worthwhile?
3. Do you think binding modes should be independent from lighting modes? As in, you could switch to different key bindings without switching to different lighting, and vice versa?

I wrote the app with unified binding/lighting modes because that's what CUE does. But now that I've had some time with it, I find I'd like to switch the key bindings depending on what app I'm using, but keep the same lighting setup. Or, sometimes, I'd like to switch to a different lighting without changing the bindings. Either way the current system doesn't work very well for me. I'm curious whether anyone else feels this way or whether you think the app benefits from having them tied together (or if you're just ambivalent, that's fine too).

Old 02-25-2015, 09:11 PM
CorpNewt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 762744

As always, awesome improvements! Thanks again for all your hard work!

As for your questions:

1. I think the auto-save system works well for me. It hasn't been anything that I've looked at and wished was different. It runs very transparent.

2. Undo/Redo would be worthwhile from my experience, especially when working with more complex lighting modes.

3. I agree with your thoughts on the binding/lighting modes.

I haven't done any looking as of yet, but is there a way to bind a key, or key combination to switch modes?

Old 02-26-2015, 04:58 AM
Linux/OSX driver

POST ID # = 762782

Yes, it's under Binding > Special > Switch to mode. Single-key only for the moment, combinations will be added in a future version. :)

Old 02-26-2015, 10:54 AM

POST ID # = 762855
roci89 Reputation: 10

Thanks, your solution worked perfectly!

Old 02-27-2015, 10:22 AM

POST ID # = 763072
ARCHD5 Reputation: 10

Hi, may I ask if your driver for mac allows the importing of CUE profiles? And if not, will it and when might it be available? Great job on the project btw :)