Corsair Community

Rma

Ultimatium

Hello

I was somewhat unlucky with my corsair products when I build my PC some years ago.

I was building an all-corsair PC, and my products that worked fine included Corsair HX1000, 6GB dominator and 800D, and they still do, but my H50 watercooling and Force 120GB SSD is another story.

The H50 worked out of the box and reduced temps significantly, but after that, a high pitched sound began from it, so I unmounted it and send it back to the store. They tested it and said they had fixed, but after I recieved it back the high pitched sound is still there and it now also have some marks on the radiator

Since I dont mind supporting corsair financially, I ordered a new H50, but it also had the high pitched sound, and this time right out of the box.

My Force 120GB was D.O.A and didn't work. What to do from here? I have invoices on all my Corsair products. Thanks.

P.S is there any new watercooling solutions from Corsair similar to H50? I havent been updating the market for some time.

The H50 worked out of the box and reduced temps significantly, but after that, a high pitched sound began from it, so I unmounted it and send it back to the store. They tested it and said they had fixed, but after I recieved it back the high pitched sound is still there and it now also have some marks on the radiator

Hogwash! I dont know what store you sent it to , but these units are NOT repairable by them or anyone else for that fact. They were never meant to be taken apart and "repaired". The only thing you can do is replace them. So they just sent you the same cooler back.

How old are your products?As long as they are still within warranty you can request an RMA.

@peanuts the store said they wanted me to send the coolers to them, I didn't know they couldn't fix it, and I didn't know they werent fixable, truth being told I didn't even know they were defective when I bought them, I waws expecting Corsair to test their products before releasing them I guess.

Looking at my invoices, it says bought 2010-11-01. I don't know how long the warranty is on these Corsair products.

P.S the store I bought them from is displayed on my invoices.

Sorry Ultimatum, I'll see if i can get someone to look at your ticket for you. I know they are slammed this time of year and wait times are running longer than normal.

I send email three days ago where I asked for RMA, still no response from Corsair.

Did you use a regular email, or did you use the RMA Request link to the left? If you did use a standard email, please use the link on the left. You will need to create a separate account at http://corsair.force.com/ if you haven't already. Then please post the case number here .

Looking at my invoices, it says bought 2010-11-01. I don't know how long the warranty is on these Corsair products.

Warranty period is 5 years, so you are well within that time frame.

Warranty period is 5 years, so you are well within that time frame.

I got an answer on the RMA saying denied because there is only 2 and 3 years warranty on these products.

(12/27/2013 11:53 AM) Thanks for the receipt. Unfortunately this SSD is outside of the 3 year warranty period and we would be unable to replace it, I'm sorry.

Do you guys find amusement in misinforming your customers :confused:

Browsing through my threads I already submitted an RMA for this product back in 2011., but customer service never took care of the product.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92314

So if you submit an RMA inside the warranty corsair will not help at all, but if you submit an RMA outside the warranty you get misinformed + denied by customer service. :confused: what the hell

• Administrators

Ultimatium, peanutz does not work for Corsair.

To clarify:

The original H50 had a 2 year warranty. The H50v2 (which came out sometime in the past year IIRC) comes with a 5 year warranty.

Regarding that old thread, on 1/11/2011, you said the RMA was approved, and that you were going to send it in (not sure what was going on with the advanced RMA attempt). Why did you wait almost 3 years to attempt to RMA it again?

@technobeard I send an advanced RMA and I was gonna send it but corsair customer service changed its mind and I was told to call them by phone, instead and I didn't have the option to do so back then, so I uploaded all my invoices etc. so they could see my purchase was genuine, but they still refused and insisted that I had to call them by phone (would also be very expensive since I live in another country) and since we couldn't come to an agreement nothing happened since then = no customer service but I made it clear within the warranty timeframe that these corsair products were defective.

Thats low... Corsair sells defective products and SSDs that lasts about a week and dies, receives my invoices and the part numbers on the products I wanna return but still refuses to accept it unless I call them by phone which is going to cost a fortune because I live in another country. The support on this forum doesnt even know the warranty on Corsair products.

I made an RMA within the warranty with my invoices and part numbers, that should be enough for any reasonable customer support to simply just accept the advanced RMA.

• Administrators
I made an RMA within the warranty with my invoices and part numbers, that should be enough for any reasonable customer support to simply just accept the advanced RMA.
An advanced RMA requires a hold on a credit card. This is because with an advanced RMA we send out the replacement before receiving your item. In the case that we don't receive the original back we can charge your credit card for the cost of the item.

Thats low... Corsair sells defective products and SSDs that lasts about a week and dies, receives my invoices and the part numbers on the products I wanna return but still refuses to accept it unless I call them by phone which is going to cost a fortune because I live in another country.
They wanted you to call them so you could give them your credit card number for the advanced RMA. You could still have done a standard RMA and just shipped it to us, and then awaited the replacement, no call (or credit card) needed for that.

The support on this forum doesnt even know the warranty on Corsair products.
Again, he DOES NOT WORK FOR CORSAIR. He is another member like you that likes to help out other posters (and we appreciate that). He got H50 and H50v2 confused. He's human.

Hi Ultimatum, I just wanted to jump on here and apologize for the wrong information. I do try to be as accurate as I possibly can, but i do make a mistake every once in awhile.

I did in fact get get two mixed up and for that I'm sorry for any confusion it may have caused.

Archived