Corsair Community

Cooling Node.

Raven0215

So i See that the cooling nodes have been discontinued and a possible new model will be comming out, Any word on if this will be backwards compatible. Since I have had mine working for the past several months I was looking at getting another cooling node to cover my other fans but doesnt look like that is possible.

I know the corsair Link product has been really rough and the majority of the people who purchased stuff the first go around have been Beta testers.

No chance so far...

I've been trying for the last days to contact support. I am building a 900d case with 14 corsair fans. 3 AF120; 1 AF140 and 10 SP120 High Performance.

So I need 3 cooling nodes to connect all these fans and the corsair 1200i.

There is no chance to get these two nodes.

I have no idea how to connect all those fans so at least the 4-pins modulate correctly.

My idea was to define temperatures and thresholds and set the fanspeeds to them properly. But in this moment it seems impossible to set this up as i imagined.

I mean - how wicked can it be to read the temperature of the internal sensors and let the software react to it?! However - the biggest issue is to get the two missing nodes so I can set up my system like i want it to be.

Greetings from Austria/Vienna

d

No chance so far...

I've been trying for the last days to contact support. I am building a 900d case with 14 corsair fans. 3 AF120; 1 AF140 and 10 SP120 High Performance.

So I need 3 cooling nodes to connect all these fans and the corsair 1200i.

There is no chance to get these two nodes.

I have no idea how to connect all those fans so at least the 4-pins modulate correctly.

My idea was to define temperatures and thresholds and set the fanspeeds to them properly. But in this moment it seems impossible to set this up as i imagined.

I mean - how wicked can it be to read the temperature of the internal sensors and let the software react to it?! However - the biggest issue is to get the two missing nodes so I can set up my system like i want it to be.

Greetings from Austria/Vienna

d

14 fans should be no problem with a single cooling node. You buy some 2, 3, 4, or 5 channel PWM splitter cables. An added bonus is that they will grab power from a separate molex.

You shouldn't need 14 different fan speeds whatever fans that are the same or on the same radiator or area can all be bundled up on a single channel. For example I have 4 AFC1212DE 4000RPM fans running on 1 Channel and then 4 CM Excaliburs on the 2nd channel (2) CM Blademasters on the 3rd channel and then a MCP35x on the 4th channel and nothing else on the 5th channel. I run my radiator fans off an inline water temperature sensor. It sucks that I can not run it off a variance between the water temp sensor and the intake air sensor which would allow me to go off the water delta instead of water temp.

But anyways just grab yourself some splitters and you are good to go!

14 fans should be no problem with a single cooling node. You buy some 2, 3, 4, or 5 channel PWM splitter cables. An added bonus is that they will grab power from a separate molex.

You shouldn't need 14 different fan speeds whatever fans that are the same or on the same radiator or area can all be bundled up on a single channel. For example I have 4 AFC1212DE 4000RPM fans running on 1 Channel and then 4 CM Excaliburs on the 2nd channel (2) CM Blademasters on the 3rd channel and then a MCP35x on the 4th channel and nothing else on the 5th channel. I run my radiator fans off an inline water temperature sensor. It sucks that I can not run it off a variance between the water temp sensor and the intake air sensor which would allow me to go off the water delta instead of water temp.

But anyways just grab yourself some splitters and you are good to go!

Don't think I would do that. You'll need more than 1 cooling node to handle 14 fans. There's a limit per channel by design. I forgot what the limits were BUT IF I recall correctly it was 1 amp max per channel and 4 amps max for the whole unit.

Correct if I am wrong.

its 2 amps per channel with a 4 amp total and i agree i wouldnt try this many fans as its not designed for such...

Thats for the coolers,they only have two channels The cooling nodes have four channels and I believe he's correct at 1 am per channel for the nodes..

You guys are not reading correctly what givmedew wrote.

Let me explain it more correctly before interpretations mislead someone.

What givmedew wrote, is that you connect a PWM splitter cable that gets power from a molex connection.

This completely removes the whole cooling node power issue as it will not power the fans, it will only supply the PWM signal. The power will come from the computer PSU. To clarify even more, givmedew is referring to a cable like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812311001

I myself will be going this route as soon as these cables come back in stock to run 4 CM Jetflo fans connected to my H80i.

i understood his reference to isolating the power to another source but even so,how is it expected to have proper individual control of the fans and even more so i doubt the node was designed to handle and maintain that many fan calculations.,but who knows

It will not provide individual control which is why it is best used on a component with multiple fans where all fans work together as one such as a radiator only, or case fans only.

A monster case like a 900D, a cable like this can come in handy to control only the case fans while leaving the cooling node control other fans more precisely, like the fans blowing on the GPU or the fans controlling the CPU heat.

The user wants to control 14 fans, the cooling kit comes with the commander and a cooling node. They cannot buy cooling nodes separately anymore unless luck strikes at Ebay for a reasonable price.

What other options do they have? :cool:

thats why i have 2-3 nodes in each one of my builds,to avoid using multiple controllers.

corsair will usually have a sale this holiday season,be a good time to just buy another kit and not have to worry about making the node do something it wasnt designed to do

Archived