Corsair Community

ramguy is pc3200ll plat 2-3-2-6-1t still CH-5??

qwerty57

as in this right here??

http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?cPath=163_520_164&products_id=2917

i know my pc3200re ll plat registered ram for my sk8v is ch-5 just want to make sure 100% this is? ;)

the timings kinda give it away just want some peace of mind before i hit order, lol..

should be 1.2v sticks as that wa smy last set of this here a few months ago??

thanks my man :)

Just three little things in response to your last post:

1) He's just trying to give you some pertinant information.

2) He's not an official member of the Corsair staff.

3) He's grumpy; he lives in Florida and has been battered three times! :p:

Anyways, back to the question...

Your old stuff, if it was version 1.2, was CH-5 IC's. However, the new modules WILL NOT be CH-5 IC's because Winbond no longer makes them and hasn't for over a year now.

The new modules that you order will probably end up being Rev 3.x or so and may not run very well with your old modules, at least not at CAS 2-3-2-6. You'll probably end up with CAS 2.5-3-3-7 @ 2.8 volts @ 200MHz rather than that nice OC you've got in your signature.

The best overclocking and tight timed modules today are the 3200XL's, but you can't get those in registered/ECC.

Hope that helps,

PLUR

CK

Your old stuff, if it was version 1.2, was CH-5 IC's. However, the new modules WILL NOT be CH-5 IC's because Winbond no longer makes them and hasn't for over a year now.

The new modules that you order will probably end up being Rev 3.x or so and may not run very well with your old modules, at least not at CAS 2-3-2-6. You'll probably end up with CAS 2.5-3-3-7 @ 2.8 volts @ 200MHz rather than that nice OC you've got in your signature.

first off there are CH-5 modules all over the world unlike BH-5

second if I buy pc3200ll plat ram raided at 2-3-2-6-1t and i get some crap that does 2.5-3-3-7 I will be calling some people :) you fail to see my question here that if i buy ram that is raided at 2-3-2-6-1t it will be ch-5 as ther eare no other ram IC's ATM that will run those timings at those voltages..

dont try and tell meabout IC's or timings I could write a book i was just tring to get peace of mine from ramguy as that link i posted was to a certified corsair dealer.. my pc3200re ll plat same ram but registered was 100% ch-5 and was 1.2v i just wanted to make sure the stuff i want non ecc+reg is still ch-5..

if ther is a rev 3.x it will not be sold as 2-3-2-6-1t at 2.6v ram ;) thus that lkink i posted wopuld not exsist..

btw heres some bandwith to show ya i know what im doing whe it comes to ddr clocking some of the highest "EVER" on amd to date done on yours truly corsair sticks 2x256 bh-5 ;)

http://jason57.iwarp.com/stuff101/wrstuff/939/8300.JPG

• Corsair Employee
Well first thing, if they are Rev 1.2 they will be made with Winbond -5 Rev C, however, Winbond stopped all production last December, and we no longer use them! They can be made with Infineon or Samsung currently so it's hard to say with out knowing more information about the specific module the reseller has. In addition, we only guarantee one set of Twinx at the rated speed, if you use more than that there are too many other possibilities and they may not run as fast is about all I can tell you! You are certainly welcome to try it but if you have a problem, my first response would be to test the modules one module and or one set at a time.

oh this will be a 1 set install not 4 sticks :)

I was jsut stating I want the same ram as on my pc3200re ll plat sticks on my pc3200ll plat sticks :)

i bought me pc3200re rem a few weeks ago and its ch-5 so i know ch-5 is all over the place munshkin also told me all there pc3500 L1 stuff is ch-5 but I am a trusted corsair user ATM :)

so rev 1.2 or rev 1.1 sticks are all ch-5 right? and anything newer could be ch-5/inferion/ or sammy ? :)

I guess ill order a fe kits and pick whats I need :)

thanks rmaguy :)

• Corsair Employee

Well no that depends on the specific part# of the modules. If they are the registered ECC module then the answer would be yes. Other wise it may be no. If you tell me the exact part# of the module in question I would be happy to tell you the IC we use! Like this example!

Corsair

CMX512RE-3200LLPT

XMS3200LL Rev 1.2

you fail to see my question here that if i buy ram that is raided at 2-3-2-6-1t it will be ch-5 as ther eare no other ram IC's ATM that will run those timings at those voltages..

Are you including the new samsung TCCD ICs in that statement?

Also, to add to CK's post:

4) I've had a cold for 2 weeks, me not feel well, me no need to answer posts no more! :)

Just a thought, but there are, in fact, several different IC's that will do 2-3-2-6 @ 2.6 volts right now, other than the Winbond IC's.

name them?? ;)

any IC's that are cas2 trp2 raided at ddr400 are 2.7-2.8v raided ddr chips :)

micron cas2.5

infer trp3

sammy cas2 trp2 at 2.8v

sure there are some IC's theat can if "HANDPICKED" but none that are made for that timing range :)

I think i finaly scooped up some ch-5 :) 3200llpro 1.1v :)

Ill know by tomoorw at 12pm :)

hi i managed 2-3-3-6 216fsb w/ 2.8vdimm on my nf7s .its memtest stable overnight.and managed 96percent efficiency in sandra.and when i try 2-2-2-11 i get 92percent efficiency.same configuration. oh yeah this are the 1gig XLblack sticks.i forgot rev.if necessary ill find out.thanks in advance. ok mm if i dont sound to clear give me a hollar ill clear it up.for me it seems fine.i wanna know why i get lower efficiency in sandra. even though many peeps tell me 2-2-2-11 is much better.w/ the 2-2-2-11 i get slower bootups.

there is more to ram timings that just 2-2-2-11 for example trc for one needs to equal trp+tras if (trp=3 +tras=11)(trc needs to equal 14) if you have trc set to 14 and you set from 2-3-3-11 to 2-2-2-11 (trc would need to equla 11+2=13) not doing so casues the cpu to hold an extra wait state so to speak for no reason at all ;)

in thery on amd 2-2-2-5-7-12 can not be beat period by any of this sammy tccd ram you give me a hard benchmark at 250-300mhz wiht this sammy and ill drop some ch-5/bh-5 that will leave you in your dust ;)

Archived