Corsair Community

h110 and LG1150

DavisHimself

Recently put together a new machine with an i7 4770k, Asus Z87-Plus and snagged the h110 for cooling. I remember specifically looking to make sure that the h110 would fit LG1150 and even now it says that it does. I did look online here and found that the *updated* manual shows that the lg1155 holes for the backing will also work for LG1150. Well, needless to say I struggled to get the backing on properly as the layout of my motherboard was not smooth in the areas it needed to properly move the bracket around. Also, the LG1155 holes do not match with the holes on my motherboard. I was able to slightly offset the back bracket to get the holes in but even then it looked really bad.

Once that was done I went to attach the cooler to my CPU only to find that the holes for the bracket (the LG1155 bracket) are about 1/4 of an inch too wide apart, on all 4 holes, to even attempt to screw them in.

How the hell does this thing fit onto an LG1150 socket?

Here is a picture of my motherboard: http://content.hwigroup.net/images/products/xl/186855/asus_z87plus.jpg

I did manage to get the back plate on but the actual top bracket that screws down into the back plate do not fit those holes in the motherboard. The entire square-ish bracket is about 1/4 of an inch too wide. If I line up 1 hole, the other 3 are way off.

Edit: I've read a LOT of other threads elsewhere concerning LGA1150 on Z87-Plus and the H110 not fitting. Why isn't there some sort of replacement bracket we can get? At this point it's a $120 door stop =(

OK so the back plate is on? The retention ring which holds the pump to the back plate must be the problem then.

Make sure the inserts are facing the right way; it sounds like you need to twist them around. Download the updated manual and follow the instructions carefully, particularly on page 1: fig (a) and (b), notice there is a subtle difference in the mounting of the bolts.

Edit: I've read a LOT of other threads elsewhere concerning LGA1150 on Z87-Plus and the H110 not fitting. Why isn't there some sort of replacement bracket we can get?

There is no updated bracket needed. The 1150 socket boards use the same exact positions as the previous 1155/56 sockets. There isn't any difference at all.

Pics would help alot if you could post some of your top bracket and board please.

Archived