Corsair Community

X-Series Fioormware update questions.

Cadencia

• 2 months later...

Good Morning everyone:

Thanks for this information, I'll be buying a pair of Corsair Extreme Series CMFSSD-64D1 2.5" 64GB SATA this week and I'll plan to apply a lot of things learned on this forum.

I'm new at the forum and I'm planing to build a RAID 0 with both SSD, as long as I've understand TRIM is not working at that. So, this firmware is for get TRIM to work, so....

• Is this possible that it would be necessary for me to update to 2.0 firmware?
  • If I use my SSDs, I understand there will be a time when it show some performance drop, so .... would be necessary to do the procedure writen by ewarwoowar here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=85344 ?

Well, I understand I should follow this guide http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=82516 writen by Davyc in order to optimize my SSDs....

I hope you can answer me and confirm what I've just writen.

Have a nice day,

Felpe from Chile

Thanks for your soon answer Wired

But, how about my second question....

If I use my SSDs, I understand there will be a time when it show some performance drop, so .... would be necessary to do the procedure writen by ewarwoowar here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=85344 ?

Should I do that how frequent?....

Thanks in advanced,

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm new here but have been reading the forum for quite a while. Now I registered to ask the following question:

The Beta of the X-Series FW has been releases almost a year ago, when can we finally expect a final version?

I have avoided trying to update it for 2 reasons:

1. If the Beta broke my drive I wouldn't have a hard drive to use my PC while waiting for the replacement.

2. AMD only recently released an AHCI driver that supports TRIM, I wanted to wait for that.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Merry Xmas Wired, hope you can help here:)

OK here the problem...

Got a X64 ssd drive and I am trying to flash it to ver 2.0

Read the details on the first page (to update firmware to ver2.0)

Downloaded the "UPPER64.EXE" software unzipped it copied it to my USB stick and all I have now is my formatted ssd X64 drive and my USB stick attached to the PC.

Have also set up the PC to load up removable drive (ie USB drive) when it boots but all I keep getting is that the pc cannot read the usb stick and there is a command com error.

How do you put the command com on the USB stick? Should I or does this have to be on the drive I am so confused:(

Where does the boot come from to get this to setup? FOUND IT>>>

Sorry about the emergency but this must be the most anal update system in the history of computers!!!

All this technology at their finger tips and this is it????

Boggles the mind, Unbelievable!

Even nowadays we have to go through so many hoops and rings of fire just to make a USB bootable, what a Joke@!

Sadly disappointed with Corsair that could not make a simple update to flash their hard drives:(

Is it just me, or isn't there an easier way to do this?

Frankly, (IMO) if it wasn't for "Wired" no-one would buy their products as you'd be fighting all night just trying to get thing to work correctly, who needs the grief after shelling out major$$$.

We should shout a great big "Thank-you" to Wired, for all the times he has bailed everyone out with his great help!!!

Lets not make this a thankless job for him, he deserves major respect and admiration, giving you FREE help:)

THANKS WIRED!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all,

Have read all the threads here and I have to tell you all that you failed to mention the following;

CrystalDiskInfo will not even see your SSD's unless they're setup on IDE not AHCI!

The Flash program will not find drives either unless the drive is in a port that is setup as IDE not SATA.

Others have been saying just move it to a different port if it dosen't recognize the ssd, I left it in the same port and just change my BIOS on my MB so that ports 4&5 were IDE instead of SATA, and then the flash utility work just fine.

Yes If you read this correctly I took a chance on weather to use the lower32 or the UPPER32 program, I choose the lower32, just due to the fact that when connected to my mb it showed it as Cosair instead of CORSAIR, I got lucky, Don't take that chance put your SSD's on a IDE port then use CrystalDiskInfo to verify for UPPER or lower.

Now to install Win 7 fresh onto one of my 32GB drives, so I can have TRIM support.

Deke

• 1 month later...

Just to give all newbies out there a hint how to read the firmware information with a Linux based operating system:

[b][color="Green"]sudo[/color][/b] [color="DarkRed"]hdparm[/color] -I [color="DarkSlateBlue"]/dev/sd?[/color] | [color="DarkRed"]grep[/color] --extended-regexp --color=auto '(^/dev/sd[a-z]:$|^\sModel Number:\s|^\sFirmware Revision:\s)'

To list Model Number and Firmware Revision of all storage devices.

[b][color="Green"]sudo[/color][/b] [color="DarkRed"]hdparm[/color] -I [i][color="DarkSlateBlue"]</path/to/device-file>[/color][/i]

To list details about a specific drive.

Please note that I used sudo to obtain root privileges. If you do not have sudo installed, you have to run those instructions from a root shell.

The upgrade itself using a bootable USB stick remains the same.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I've upgraded OS X to Lion release, and now System Information tells me that Trim is not supported. From reading this thread, I was under the impression that Trim was supported in firmware 1.1 (which I think is what is on this drive, again according to System Information).

So, does this drive need 2.0 ? Or is it really the same as 1.1 ? And if so, why am I told that Trim is not supported ?

Thanks in advance !

Capacity: 256,06 GB (256.060.514.304 bytes)

Model: Corsair CMFSSD-256D1

Revision: 1.100000

Serial Number: X5BRP6B398F5A5JSPL1F

Native Command Queuing: Yes

Queue Depth: 32

Removable Media: No

Detachable Drive: No

BSD Name: disk0

Medium Type: Solid State

TRIM Support: No

Partition Map Type: GPT (GUID Partition Table)

S.M.A.R.T. status: Verified

Archived