Corsair Community

New Corsairlink2 software is here 2.3.4816

pucci821

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SO far it fixed a lot of things for me...

1- It fixed the BSOD so far with RSTe 3.5 and even 3.6...

2- It fixed my multiple crashes trying to just open the program or getting it out of the taskbar to maximise.

3- It detects Everything on the 1st shot... no need to delete, re-install, delete everything reboot and retry in hope everything gets picked up

4- No crashes when i am away yet...

And it supports Windows 8... was a long damn wait, but finally... let`s hope for the better.

Anyone know why my h100i stock fans will not change speed dynamically with my cpu temp? Weather using the notifications on the cpu or the custom curve for the fans, the fans will not change speed unless I make a save to my profile. This is my biggest issue with this software.

btw my western digital hard drive temp is now reading correctly as well as my corsair ssd.

I just got my Corsair Link kit (yay, sale), however the temperature based LED changing does not seem to be working when associated with my video card or CPU (if you toggle it between settings, it will choose the correct color for that moment, but that's it). I also can't seem to create new groups, so after cleaning my list to try and create some custom ones... I'm kinda stuck with just two.

What I've found so far:

If you have a brand new Corsair Link Commander, you NEED to download the latest firmware posted in this thread. From there, you need to update it from the Options -> Devices screen to see your Commander and nodes.

It has ran the whole day on my system with the latest Intel RST 11.7.0.1013 with my RAID 0 SSDs and no grief. Disk usage appears fine.

Really though, the Link gear could use a good "How-to" guide and a link to it in the package.

It appears to definitely be Windows 8 compatible :)

All my fans connected to two cooling nodes are not being detected. Everything else appears to be correct though. However .....

Are the Cooling Nodes detected in the SW?

Options > Devices

Have you tried creating a new profile?

So it's just me that cant even start it?

It shows up in my process list but not anywhere else..

Check your notifications tray and see if its there.

Which .exe is showing CorsairLINK2 or CorsairLINK Hardware Monitor?

Just install the new Link software and now the LED on the pump do not work anymore.. The light up when i start my computer but as soon i get the bios screen they turn off anyone have an ide what might be the problem. Everything else is working, only the LED that do not work anymore.

Have you tried playing around with the sliders in the SW? Do the L.E.D.s light up?

Seems to be a step in the right direction. The design is nice. The fan is starting manually @45%.

My 4 HDDs are represented. What I'd like to change is my OS SSD. Here the temperature is shown as difference from 100°C, in my case 76°C, which is irratating and pointless in my view. Is there a trick to change this to normal temp reading?

Will give the latest IRST a try later.

It's probably a S.M.A.R.T. value that's causing it. Run another drive check e.g. CrystalDiskInfo and see if it too displays the same temp.

I have been running the new software on windows 8 Pro 64 bit and I still have the same issues I had with my led's not wants to switch color by temp some will work others will just sit at one color and I have one that will go red even though red isn't even one of the three colors I have chosen for it.I have done clean installs of the software twice and deleting everything I could find connected to it, even tried turning off the power supply to see if that gets things working but as of yet it hasn't.

Are the L.E.D.s grouped to a device?

Bad news:

-H100 (original 100, not i) is being cooled by 2 SP120 performance fans. I still can't really change their speed. They will only go within +/-200 of 2000 rpm. If anyone knows why, please let me know.

If the fans are connected to the H100 block, They will run at max speed.

Anyone know why my h100i stock fans will not change speed dynamically with my cpu temp? Weather using the notifications on the cpu or the custom curve for the fans, the fans will not change speed unless I make a save to my profile. This is my biggest issue with this software.

Are the fans grouped to the CPU? It's better to leave it on the H100i temp as you may find the fans will be running louder.

I just got my Corsair Link kit (yay, sale), however the temperature based LED changing does not seem to be working when associated with my video card or CPU (if you toggle it between settings, it will choose the correct color for that moment, but that's it). I also can't seem to create new groups, so after cleaning my list to try and create some custom ones... I'm kinda stuck with just two.

Make sure the temperature values are at a reasonable value. e.g. 30, 40, 50 etc.

You need to save your profile first. Restart the software and you should be able to create new groups.

Options > Devices

Yes and yes :) The temperature probes attached to the cooling nodes work fine and the cooling nodes show up correctly (except for not showing any fans connected) in Options > Devices.

Any further thoughts most welcome.

Cheers !

Kind of begs the question, why plug the fans into the H100 at all then?

There has to be some way to control them. I think I heard something about the H100 only being able to control the stock fans, but I'm not sure if this is true and it'll be a pain to pull apart my system to check.

Is anyone using this with windows 7 64? I deleted all profiles but for some reason when I save a new profile it doesn't keep my program settings when I restart the program ... And also my old custom fan curves were still there aftet deleting the profiles which I think is causing the fans to spin up and down crazy.... Plus it only recognizes 1 of 3 hdd.....I reinstalled 2.2 and everything was working fine.

Can anyone who's using win7 64 confirm this or help me out?

Thanks

Well, after having had all sorts of issues with the previous version, it would appear that this new version (plus moving USB connected devices so that my h80i USB header was on its own) has solved all my issues.

I now have a fully working link system which recognises all my devices (and more importantly) allows me to use a custom profile to track my h80i temp.

I have to says it looks like Corsair have worked hard in the background to try and sort the issues people were complaining of. Lets hope they refine things further as now I'm actually quite impressed with what Link can do (and I never thought I'd say that!)

Link.thumb.jpg.3be576f3cca1d1609477a79f5a839a6c.jpg

Anybody else using the GPU node with this version of the software? The software now picks it up as a "power" device even though the label says cooling. It still reads 0, but when I set it to a cooling device it reads 111.

Seems like the software didn't fix this either. Both of my issues still exist. disappointed.

Anybody else using the GPU node with this version of the software? The software now picks it up as a "power" device even though the label says cooling. It still reads 0, but when I set it to a cooling device it reads 111.

Seems like the software didn't fix this either. Both of my issues still exist. disappointed.

I'm not getting any issues. it picked it up as a power device straight away and reads normal wattage. I'm running the newest f/w with Windows 8 Pro.

Hi All, I recently bought and installed an AX1200i PSU. I couldn't get the previous version of the Corsairlink 2 software to work on my Windows 7 Pro x64 platform. I kept getting the "Sierra 2" not working message and tried everything recommended on this forum without success. However, I am pleased to report that after spotting the release of the new version of the Corsair link software being released on this forum by Ramguy it is now working well. I uninstalled both the previous version of the Corsair link 2 software and the USB corsair dongle software, rebooted and installed the new corsairlink 2 software I downloaded from the forum and hey presto it works! Now the corsairlink 2 software is working I'm very pleased with this PSU and would recommend it to anyone looking for an efficient, powerful, quiet PSU .

Yes I have all my LED's group to devices, on 2.2 I could just change them to normal and back and they would eventaully start working but thats a no go with 2.3. My GPU node shows the correct wattage for my GPU which it didn't on 2.2 the fans for my H80 both work correctly instead of one of them being max rpm the the other on custom, my only issue is the LED's not working by temp which isn't bad considering and it will (hopefully) be fixed soon, as of yet I can't find a workaround or fix after tweaking all day with it.

Options > Devices

Check your notifications tray and see if its there.

Which .exe is showing CorsairLINK2 or CorsairLINK Hardware Monitor?

Have you tried playing around with the sliders in the SW? Do the L.E.D.s light up?

It's probably a S.M.A.R.T. value that's causing it. Run another drive check e.g. CrystalDiskInfo and see if it too displays the same temp.

Are the L.E.D.s grouped to a device?

Are the fans grouped to the CPU? It's better to leave it on the H100i temp as you may find the fans will be running louder.

Make sure the temperature values are at a reasonable value. e.g. 30, 40, 50 etc.

You need to save your profile first. Restart the software and you should be able to create new groups.

My GPU node says cooling temp 1 but when you open the setting window for device type it does say GPU power node it also has an option to change it to 12 volt rail current sense.

Is anyone using this with windows 7 64? I deleted all profiles but for some reason when I save a new profile it doesn't keep my program settings when I restart the program ...

I'm running part-time on Win 7 x64 - I just tried to create a profile, save it, quit, and restart, and everything came back as expected. This could mean there's something odd about your (or my) system, or that you're doing something different. Are there any details/steps I missed?

And also my old custom fan curves were still there aftet deleting the profiles which I think is causing the fans to spin up and down crazy....

I haven't run into any issues with spinning up/down, but I also don't usually use use it as a fan controller. After a quick test or two though, it does seem to be retaining fan settings/custom curves from deleted profiles after quitting and restarting - group and OCP settings for the PSU also appear to stick around. After rebooting, however, everything appears to be back to defaults except for OCP.

Additionally, it looks like the OCP settings are sometimes - although not consistently - retained even when switching from one saved profile to another. It seems that sometimes it'll even end up with a mix of the two profiles' settings.

There also seems to be a visual glitch, in that if the active profile is changed while a fan's config panel is pinned open, the old profile's settings will remain (even after closing and reopening the panel). This, however, doesn't impact functionality.

Plus it only recognizes 1 of 3 hdd.....I reinstalled 2.2 and everything was working fine.

Are all of your drives identical? Mine shows my two (different) SSDs properly, but only one "Seagate Drive" for my platters (a matched pair - not RAIDed either).

This was probably a bug introduced in the course of switching over to OpenHardwareMonitorLib - although Open Hardware Monitor itself doesn't share the issue, so it's likely a problem with how Link interprets the data it gets.

I hope some of this will help - although I'm sadly short on solutions.

-Bats

Hello All

With the new Link software, I don't seem to have any speed control on my 2 case fans.

No matter what profile I load and whether I group my fans with my CPU group or the H80 temp 4 group, the fans just stay at thier initial values. If I manually make any adjustment to any of the custom curve profile points, the fans then go to the rpm indicated on the graph. However, the RPMs won't automatically go up with an increase in temp or go down with a decrease in temp.

My one LED strip also will not change. It will go to an initial colour (based on my CPU temp) but, again, won't change according to CPU temperature changes.

Everything worked fine (in terms of my fans and LED strip) with vers. 2.2.

I have an H80 with 2 case fans connected to the cooling node and one LED strip connected to the light node.

My cooling node FW is 1.2.5. My lighting node FW is 1.1.9. The commander FW is at 2.0.6

This seems to be the 2 only issues I now have. The new software seems to haved fixed all the other small issues of the previous software.

Any one have any ideas to try and get my fans and LEDs behaving properly? Thouhts or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Regards

K. Garner

Is anyone using this with windows 7 64? I deleted all profiles but for some reason when I save a new profile it doesn't keep my program settings when I restart the program ... And also my old custom fan curves were still there aftet deleting the profiles which I think is causing the fans to spin up and down crazy.... Plus it only recognizes 1 of 3 hdd.....I reinstalled 2.2 and everything was working fine.

Can anyone who's using win7 64 confirm this or help me out?

Thanks

Using windows 7 64bit. No problems really. Sometimes the LEDs revert back to an old config I had on 2.2, which is strange, but that's it.

Hi wytnyt

Yes, I have triied the CPU temp group with the same result.

I also made sure to set up my custom curve, save the profile, restart Link software and reload the profile. None of that seems to help.

Not sure why this changed with the new software.

Ok update....you need to update the firmware to 1.0.5 to reset the units custom fan curve if your coming from version 2.2...once I updated the firmware everything went back to default settings and now version 2.3.4819 fan curve works properly

And yes there is a visual glitch with pinning the sidebar and its showing 1of 3 hdd drives I have ... It shows seagate drive

Kind of begs the question, why plug the fans into the H100 at all then?

There has to be some way to control them. I think I heard something about the H100 only being able to control the stock fans, but I'm not sure if this is true and it'll be a pain to pull apart my system to check.

H100 is a manual control of fans which only allows 3 speeds, while the software tries to give you MUCH more control. Guess we could consider it a fail safe if your software does not work, revert back to the old crank and handle. Its kinda of funny because the H100 can control fans the software cant.

Archived